Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you think we did good vs. Washington?
Pass game- only 1 interception by Carr, Johnson had good game 25 44.64%
Run game. Dayne picked up solid yardage at times. 2 3.57%
Team effort. We fought back in the 4th, earning a TD. 2 3.57%
Team pride. Not happy we lost, and had a mini-comeback 1 1.79%
Nothing 26 46.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow Weekly Poll: What do you think we did well vs. Washington?

Please vote honestly. You may post written replies as well...
Old 09-24-2006   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

we only lost by 16 this week.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Pass protection and getting the ball to Andre Johnson.

I think our offense could be top 15 if it had more time on the field. The only thing holding it back when it IS on the field is the mistakes. Penalties, bad snaps, fumbles, dropped passes..etc..etc..
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #4
Snapple
Veteran

Um... hmm.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted that we didn't give up.

If Orr's TD hadn't been called back (** EDIT: and we could have gotten a 2 point conversion), we would have been down by 8 and in a position to tie the game. IF our Defense could have gotten another stop.

We're bad and we need work, but I don't think this team is giving up.

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 09-24-2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Left something out.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #6
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Pass protection and getting the ball to Andre Johnson.

I think our offense could be top 15 if it had more time on the field. The only thing holding it back when it IS on the field is the mistakes. Penalties, bad snaps, fumbles, dropped passes..etc..etc..
I agree. I commented more than once while watching the game that I was impressed with the time Carr had in the pocket. I think he put to rest any debate he drew last week that he is only good against the back ups.

I also liked what I saw from Dayne. I am pleased with the offense in general, it is the defense that is holding us back.

We actually had a chance in this game. If Orr's TD hadn't been called back we had a chance at putting the game in OT. If we are coming out of Dallas 1-4 I still believe we have a legitimate and probable shot at 6 wins.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Big surprise that the O-line did as well as it did. Pass game was fairly good. Run game was...."OK".

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2006   #8
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Peanut sales seemed fairly brisk.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Passing game was average but everything else was terrible.
Old 09-24-2006   #10
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Oh oh that's a trick question isn't it? Let me see, how about embarrased ourselves. I don't think anybody in the league does that as well as we did. That should be an option. We did real well at embarrasing ourselves.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #11
cowboy62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby View Post
Please vote honestly. You may post written replies as well...
ARE YOU FOR REAL? I'LL GIVE YOU MY VOTE YALL SUCKED!!!!
cowboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the pass game was pretty good. A couple bad throws, but on the whole, pretty good.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #13
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

unable to start a new thread so i will post my review of the game here. mods if you could start a game rewatch thread or something like that, it would be cool.

i will pay little attention to the defense for obvious reasons.

most of my attention on offense will be on carr, salaam and hodgdon.

payne made a good play to force a punt to start off the game

on offense pitts and hodgdon look good starting out by creating a couple of holes for dayne.

salaam almost gets beat on the long ball to johnson, carr was also getting pressure from the other side.

i like the confidence kube's shows in carr by passing near the goaline. td texans.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #14
texflex513
All Pro

Carr and AJ had good chemistry... that has been lacking ever since AJ's probowl year although everything else seemed to go wrong i would call AJ this weeks PLAYA PLAYA of the game
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote was solely based on comparing this team to last years & with that said i think we passed well. Getting the ball to our perimeter guys was an impossibility last year. This year, AJ is on pace for another 1000 yd season.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #16
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Is this a joke?????

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #17
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
unable to start a new thread so i will post my review of the game here. mods if you could start a game rewatch thread or something like that, it would be cool.

i will pay little attention to the defense for obvious reasons.

most of my attention on offense will be on carr, salaam and hodgdon.

payne made a good play to force a punt to start off the game

on offense pitts and hodgdon look good starting out by creating a couple of holes for dayne.

salaam almost gets beat on the long ball to johnson, carr was also getting pressure from the other side.

i like the confidence kube's shows in carr by passing near the goaline. td texans.

2cnd series our 2 rookies look bad. i forgot they started on the eight yard line. ryans got taken out on the long gain.

mario got blocked on the td run. took him way to long to shed his blocker. td right over his space. no double team.

our ball hodgdon should start. he is better than flanagan. with him spencer and pitts we could have a very solid lt side of the line.

mckinney gets beat on first down for a short gain

salaam is getting beat on a reagular basis. our backs cant even slow a pass rusher down.

first sack of the game. salaam gets beat, dayne gets beat, one rusher wasnt blocked. 3rd and 3 and carr takes a 7 step drop. with our oline. not smart. we will punt.
Old 09-24-2006   #18
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
2cnd series our 2 rookies look bad. i forgot they started on the eight yard line. ryans got taken out on the long gain.

mario got blocked on the td run. took him way to long to shed his blocker. td right over his space. no double team.

our ball hodgdon should start. he is better than flanagan. with him spencer and pitts we could have a very solid lt side of the line.

mckinney gets beat on first down for a short gain

salaam is getting beat on a reagular basis. our backs cant even slow a pass rusher down.

first sack of the game. salaam gets beat, dayne gets beat, one rusher wasnt blocked. 3rd and 3 and carr takes a 7 step drop. with our oline. not smart. we will punt.
if you want to gain 10 yards just run to mario's side of the ball. ive seen him play both end postions so far in this game.

carr makes a savy play by knocking the deflected ball down. i just mention this because he doesnt always make smart football decisions.

hodgdon still looks good.

not a good series for carr. this fumbled snap looked like his fault. some incompletions and a ugly pass to aj.
Old 09-24-2006   #19
tburdette
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I voted that we didn't give up.

If Orr's TD hadn't been called back (** EDIT: and we could have gotten a 2 point conversion), we would have been down by 8 and in a position to tie the game. IF our Defense could have gotten another stop.

We're bad and we need work, but I don't think this team is giving up.
Too many IF's in there. We need a total makeover.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #20
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
if you want to gain 10 yards just run to mario's side of the ball. ive seen him play both end postions so far in this game.

carr makes a savy play by knocking the deflected ball down. i just mention this because he doesnt always make smart football decisions.

hodgdon still looks good.

not a good series for carr. this fumbled snap looked like his fault. some incompletions and a ugly pass to aj.
defense held. greenwood made a good tackle on 3rd down.

here is a joke. how do you know if the other team is running a screen pass. if mario williams gets anywhere near the opposing teams quarterback then you know its a screen pass. sorta like those red neck jokes.

salaam was looking better but then reality hit. he got beat with a spin move didnt effect the play however.

hodgdon for president. i really like this guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read