Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2006   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Did you Boo

I don't care if the score was 150 to 2, why boo? That is no way to get your team up. Sure they looked terrible, but boo'ng them?

Even saw 2 guys in the parking lot wearing paper sacks. But didn't see any in the stadium...
Old 09-24-2006   #2
Texas_Heat
Veteran

No, because all the 's told me last year not to boo the home team at home, I'll wait till they get their heads out of the fog of having a new team then we can all hold hands and boo them together.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat View Post
No, because all the told me last year not to boo the home team at home, I'll wait till they get their heads out of the fog of having a new team then we can all hold hands and boo them together.
Wow, how long did it take you to come up with that one?
Old 09-24-2006   #4
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! !!!!
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #5
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Not long
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

somehow if I booed the Texans(eventhough I am very ticked off right now), I'd feel like a certain music group that complained overseas about the U.S. a few years ago

seriously, I would rather walk away from the TV and not watch them than to sit there and boo every decision/every play that went the other way..

just too bandwagon for my taste because if they came back and won, I know this board would be lit up with threads like "OH MY GOD, did you see that comeback"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've groaned and cursed a few times, but I've never booed.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2006   #8
Johnny Utah
All Pro

I wish I was at the game so I could boo them.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #9
FanZilla
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
I don't care if the score was 150 to 2, why boo? That is no way to get your team up. Sure they looked terrible, but boo'ng them?

Even saw 2 guys in the parking lot wearing paper sacks. But didn't see any in the stadium...
Why boo, them? Because they are getting paid millions of dollars and look like crap and are just getting worse.

Is that good enough?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
FanZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly don't understand the going to games and booing.. I mean why not sell the game day tickets to some people that might really like to see an NFL game?

If there is a movie coming out and it doesn't look any good to me, I sure as hell ain't buying tickets to go see it just to make noise so other people can't enjoy themselves.
Old 09-24-2006   #11
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Why boo, them? Because they are getting paid millions of dollars and look like crap and are just getting worse.

Is that good enough?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
LMMFAO....Word.
Old 09-24-2006   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I honestly don't understand the going to games and booing.. I mean why not sell the game day tickets to some people that might really like to see an NFL game?

If there is a movie coming out and it doesn't look any good to me, I sure as hell ain't buying tickets to go see it just to make noise so other people can't enjoy themselves.
I totally agree.
Old 09-24-2006   #13
PoolMaster21
Rookie

I did not boo but at times I felt like it. IMHO booing is never appropriate but I can certainly understand why people do so.

I felt stupid today, because the team did not put in the effort or show the promise that would justify how I've defended them up until now. Totally disheartening.
PoolMaster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely. This is a horrible team. They are not only the worst in the NFL, but the dumbest. They deserve to be boo'ed.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #15
htsone
Rookie

Default What? You Gonna Cheer This Garbage?

Ah, I see. We are supposed to cheer when they do well, but when David 8 million dollar man Carr can't throw the ball 40 yards we're just supposed to say, aw shucks, he gave it a good try? And when they get a TD taken away by a boneheaded, actually frickin stupid, roughness call, we're supposed to say, ah darn, good try, hope he learns from his mistake! Of course I boo'd these frickin morons. They were pathetic. And they get big bucks to look pathetic. Especially pretty boy loser David *((*$#% Carr.

hts
htsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

so why waste your money?

after all it is YOUR money paying these guys
Old 09-24-2006   #17
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

If you take away all the people who spend the money and booo, then there will be alot of empty seats due to the price of these seats.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #18
Honch Delgado
Veteran

I watched the UFC PPV last night and the crowd was booing both the winners and losers. Guys who were giving it their all and making a lousy 5K-10K were getting booed. I thought that was totally classless. This I can understand.
Old 09-24-2006   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsone View Post
Ah, I see. We are supposed to cheer when they do well, but when David 8 million dollar man Carr can't throw the ball 40 yards we're just supposed to say, aw shucks, he gave it a good try? And when they get a TD taken away by a boneheaded, actually frickin stupid, roughness call, we're supposed to say, ah darn, good try, hope he learns from his mistake! Of course I boo'd these frickin morons. They were pathetic. And they get big bucks to look pathetic. Especially pretty boy loser David *((*$#% Carr.

hts

I don't understand why some people are hung up on how much money these guys are making. It's not my money. I don't care what some GM and Owner decides to pay a player. I just want a good team on the field... and right now, I don't have one. Carr's salary is irrelevant to that. The GM, Owner, and Coaches have made decisions to put the best group of players on the field that they could get... and this is as good as we're getting. I want them to concentrate on doing the things they need to do to get this fixed.

But I expect us to have a top 10 pick this year.
Old 09-24-2006   #20
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But I expect us to have a top 10 pick this year.
hahaha...what makes u say that?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read