Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2006   #1
AustinTexansFan
Rookie

Default What now?

AustinTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

*crickets chirping*
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

We prepare for the Fins. Nothing else to do than plan to win the next game.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #4
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

hope that we can get a group of scrubs together by the end of the week to play against the fins. just sad.
Old 09-24-2006   #5
FanZilla
Rookie

I think we should draft a punter!
FanZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexansFan View Post
Back to the defensive drawing board.

We come out and try to win the next one.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #7
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

and what happens if culpepper and the dophins light our defense up for 350+?
Old 09-24-2006   #8
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

-What now? Well let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple a hard, pipe-hittin' brothers, who'll go to work on the fins here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.
-Hear me talkin' Culpepper?! I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna git Medieval on your a**.

I had too. sorry and I hope we do. I still can't believe this game and our defense. I ain't giving up, but this loss was painful to watch.
Nbkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #9
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbkan View Post
-What now? Well let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple a hard, pipe-hittin' brothers, who'll go to work on the fins here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.
-Hear me talkin' Culpepper?! I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna git Medieval on your a**.

I had too. sorry and I hope we do. I still can't believe this game and our defense. I ain't giving up, but this loss was painful to watch.
I was thinking the same thing lets get Medieval on the Dolphins!
Old 09-24-2006   #10
tburdette
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
Look towards 2008.....I am hoping that is when we can become competitive
2008??? I am holding out hope for 2080 so that at least my grandkids can see a winning texans team. I love the Texans just as much as any on you guys but this is just getting ridiculous. I am speechless after today's game. I actually thought we had a chance to win this game.....stupid me
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #11
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I was thinking the same thing lets get Medieval on the Dolphins!
Get Medieval on the Dolphins? That's a joke, right?

The first time the defense actulally hits someone hard the will be the first time!

And another thing. Who in the heck at CBS thought it was a good idea to get Casserly's input about anything regarding the NFL?

What an absolute joke the Texans are right now.

gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What now?

I think they really need to think about dealing Carr ASAP, get some value and move on. Carr is not the biggest problem on this team, but as bad as they are, and as long as it is gonig to take to turn it around, I don't see how he can be part of the equation for the Texans to become a winner.

Then, slap that tender or whatever on AJ in the offseason and get a 1st round pick when he lands somwhere else.

Those two things sound completely crazy, but I don't see how this team is going to be competitive this season or the next, and with that you got to wonder how you maintain Carr and AJ on the squad for the next 3 to 4 years when this team can compete for a playoff spot, and that is if that they don't screw that up too.

If they keep Carr and AJ, these guys could hit road at some point and not get any value in return.

Next years draft, they need to trade down and accumulate picks. Drafting a running back or QB just doesn't seem right in the top five.

This team just has too many holes to keep expensive players like Carr and AJ and expect them to be around at the turn around, and still too many holes to draft just one player in the top 5 and expect a turn around soon.

It looks like this team is an expansion team all over again.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

edit
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
They will....go ahead and prepare yourself mentaly

Exactly. At this point it's not "if", it's "when".

The Texans are every teams "get well soon" game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read