Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow My Keys to the game: vs. Washington

I TRIED TO POST THIS EARLIER IN THE WEEK, BUT EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES UPON SUBMITTING.

ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT HOOK THIS POST ONTO THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAME 3 THREAD

Our Houston Texans will take on the Washington Redskins this Sunday, and we will be at home in the great Reliant Stadium. We are both 0-2, and also very hungry for our first win of the season and to avoid a really bad start. Therefore, I expect a physical game. I expect a dogfight.

The following are what I feel our Texans need to do to have success against the Washington Redskins this Sunday and even pull out the W....

-Establish the run game early. This is the first thing on my list for the third straight week, and because it is just so important, espically with the offense we have. I think establishing a run game early can take alot of pressure of the o-line, settle the offense down some as a whole, and open it up for our passing game. When you can run the ball well in this leauge, it also allows you to control clock which is obviously important. I feel we have 3 solid backs on our squad now, with Lundy, Dayne and Gado. All of them are really capable of having great plays, and I look foward to seeing them step up and help us out in a big part on Sunday.

-Pressure Mark Brunell. Brunell is having a rough season so far these first two games, therefore his confidence has to be low. I think we need to come at Brunell early and often and make him as uncomfortable as possible in that pocket. We can not let him settle back there and get into a rythm early. If we do blitz, the important thing obviously is we need to get to him or, as we seen in the past, our backend will not hold up.

-Reduce turnovers. This is very obvious, yet very important. Turnovers kill. Two words say it all. We seen it from our Texans last week against Indy, we had 2 fumbles early and it put us in a big hole early. All of the momentum shifted in Indianapolis direction, and we virtually had no chance after that. We need to protect the ball throughout this game, turnovers can ruin great drivers and have a lasting negative mental effect on the offense. I look for our guys to protect the ball nicely against Washington this Sunday.

By doing those listed above, I fell our Texans will play a great game Sunday and are very capable of pulling out the win in a very important game for our team, fans and franchise. I am looking foward to Sunday, for sure.

Let's make some noise fans, let's get Reliant Stadium rockin and try to rattle those Redskins early! Cheer us on no matter how you watch or listen to us Sunday!

I really think this will be our first W of the season Sunday,
GO TEXANS!
Old 09-24-2006   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have helped if the defense had shown up.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read