Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2006   #1
fastpitchwoof
Rookie

Default Prediction: Texans 24 - 'skins 17

Texans actually lead 24 - 10 with 3 minutes to go but a prevent defense leads to a late score. But the Texans offense grinds it out on the ground to kill the last 3 minutes a la Denver style.

Go Texans!!!!

Old 09-22-2006   #2
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpitchwoof View Post
But the Texans offense grinds it out on the ground to kill the last 3 minutes a la Denver style.
That sounds reasonable, killing alotof clock is all you can do when Dayne is running the ball
Old 09-22-2006   #3
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpitchwoof View Post
Texans actually lead 24 - 10 with 3 minutes to go but a prevent defense leads to a late score. But the Texans offense grinds it out on the ground to kill the last 3 minutes a la Denver style.

Go Texans!!!!

As is normally the case, it will probably come down to who blocks, tackles, runs and throws the best.

Having said that, I think we have a really good chance to win.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #4
Texas_Heat
Veteran

If Clinton Portis plays 27-10 Redskins, if he does not play Skins still win 13-03 with Carr throwing three picks, fumbling 4 times and getting sacked 5 times.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #5
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans scoring 24 points seem very high. I think they are good for about 17 on the high end if the game is in play all four quarters. If it gets out of hand like the Colts, they could score 24 points. Just how I see it, this offense has a long way to go, just like the defense.

The problem on offense is that defenses are going to stack the box against the run and blitz Carr as always. Kubiak's answer to that this week appears to be to start Dayne and pound the ball between the tackles. Looks like Kubiak wants to get 3 to 4 yards at all costs early in an offensive possession.

Maybe Kubiak has something up his sleeve, but it appears they are going to pound the ball and continue with these short throws. Which could mean a very quick game if the Texans can establish some long drives.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I'm not going to make a prediction this week. I've made two at this point and neither of them were very close. I know this is a winnable game, but I'm not going to say any more than that.

Ah, why not. 27-24 Texans. The Washington D just isn't that good and the preseason running game will make an appearance this week, opening things up for Carr who will post 2 TDs.
Old 09-22-2006   #7
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114195 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Sunday is my birthday.

Sure would be a great birthday if we get a win!
Old 09-22-2006   #8
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm predicting

Houston 24
Washington 14

With Carr throwing 3 touchdowns and the defense finally getting it together.
Old 09-22-2006   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win 17-6.
Old 09-22-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
I'm not going to make a prediction this week. I've made two at this point and neither of them were very close. I know this is a winnable game, but I'm not going to say any more than that.

Ah, why not. 27-24 Texans
. The Washington D just isn't that good and the preseason running game will make an appearance this week, opening things up for Carr who will post 2 TDs.
Aww..now ya gone and done jinxed it. JK. I haven't predicted anything yet this season except for improvement throughout the year. I don't really want to start either. Although I'm really tempted....naaaa.
Old 09-22-2006   #11
texflex513
All Pro

we pull this one out 17-10....TEXANS4LIFE!!!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #12
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Redskins 21

Old 09-22-2006   #13
texansfanquecaneh
Rookie

Smile

I've been looking forward to this game.
Texans 23
Redskins 10
texansfanquecaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 228472 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Sunday is my birthday.

If we win, then it was my present to you. If not, well, I don't really know you very well.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #15
sixfour
Site Contributor

Section: 136/350/353
Rep Power: 40 sixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respected

just give me the win baby!
sixfour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #16
GrandPa
Rookie

Texans = 24
Redskins = 20
Drafting Mario #1 was a huge blunder
GrandPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #17
HOOK'EM
Veteran

I could care less about the final score, JUST WIN!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #18
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Sunday is my birthday.

Happy birthday.....take it to the bank. It's gonna happen.
Even Chris Berman picks us to win. 24 - 21.
Old 09-23-2006   #19
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

We have the worst pass defense in the NFL

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew View Post
We have the worst pass defense in the NFL
And, clinton portis is back. Redskins WILL establish a run, then break our secondary. it's inevitable.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read