Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2004   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DD, hold the rock

just saw DD fumble again. dude, hold on to the rock.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down 4 fumbles. Take him out.

I think he needs some time to think about this. Take him out. Put in Wells, and open up the passing game. 4 is unexcusable.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Take DD out of the game, he cant start

As far as im concerned.. I think DD needs to ride the pine till he learns how to hold the ball.

Im a HUGE DD fan.. but you cannot have a RB that is gonna drop the ball twice every game.. not unless he gets 400 all purpose yards too.

DD now officially stands for "double drops"
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #4
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i see hollings starting next week
Old 09-19-2004   #5
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree totally. i think if hollings was playing today, they would have put him in.
Old 09-19-2004   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

read my signature...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Default Once again, turnovers cost us the game

7 turnovers in the first 2 games. this is gonna be a long season.
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #8
Nerf Herder
Rookie

Can Davis put anything sticky on his glove, to make things a little easier?
Nerf Herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry I can't watch DD anymore . . . sorry!

It has gotten to the point that, no matter how many yards Davis gets on either a running play or pass play . . . if the whole time that I'm watching him, I'm doing nothing but wondering if he's going to fumble it again . . well, that's no fun.

Turnovers mean everything to me. I consider the takeway/giveaway ratio to be more important than most be people do.

I blame Davis for these two losses. And now he's got a reputation as a fumbler that the other teams exploit when gameplanning.

As for Capers benching him, he should do that. He benched Jonathan Wells for coughing it a couple years ago, so I would expect Capers to be more consistant with his policy regarding fumbles. Now, I suppose some would say that by benching Davis, you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Or a better anology would be a parent grounding a misbehaving teenager . . . you'd be grounding yourself more than the teenager.

But sorry, right now, if you give me a choice between a fumbling Davis, and a non-fumbling Wells . . . I'm gonna have to take Wells.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

well he's gonna be playing the rest of the year so can i have your season tickets? i dont need fair weather fans sitting around me
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

What's this about fair-weather fans. I didn't say that I would not watch the team. I just don't want Davis in the lineup anymore.
Old 09-19-2004   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

yea didn't we bench Mack after 1 fumble last year?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
But sorry, right now, if you give me a choice between a fumbling Davis, and a non-fumbling Wells . . . I'm gonna have to take Wells.
How about we start a game breaking RB who hasnt fumbled since the first week of the Preseason...

And I am serious...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 09-19-2004   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sure Capers will be working on the butterfingers of Davis.

Yes, Turnovers are a big thing in the NFL. The NFL is a game of momentum and TO kill that. We have given up 14 points each week so far on TO's.. Hard to win in this league when you give up field position..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

88, do us all a favor and shut the hell up... You obviously have NO idea what a fairweather fan is. It's called "venting". Unlike you, Mr. "Rah-rah, sis-boom bah, YAY! We lost!" , we are angry. Sure it's kind of a childish thing to do, but it's natural. It'll pass, give it time. Marcus isn't dumping the team, he's just stating the obvious: Davis is a fumbling machine right now. Hell, the way things are going, I wouldn't be too sure he'll be starting all season. He's on pace for 32 fumbles.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
How about we start a game breaking RB who hasnt fumbled since the first week of the Preseason...

And I am serious...
I know Fiddy, I know. I was one of those guys that jumped all over Hollings for coughing it up during the pre-season. And I agree with you Hollings should get the start next Sunday.

But I have to admit (and believe me I HATE having to admit this) Davis is still out best running back, fumbles included. I just can't watch him anymore, if all I'm doing is saying to myself, "Don't fumble it again, don't fumble it again." That sucks!
Old 09-19-2004   #17
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Davis is on pace to have 2600+ yds from scrimmage and 32 fumbles...
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sit him down.

Bring on Hollings! Runningbacks tend to be here today and gone tomorrow, anyway. Denver spits out star runningbacks like they were ....what--DD's fur-balls. Let Hollings prove that it's the O-line that might be getting DD the yardage, anyway, and that HE WON'T fumble, like DD. Even if Hollings stays hurt, I say give it to Wells. It's time he had another chance. When those guys screw up next year, after proving their better this year, we'll give Double Drop another chance to prove he can hold on to the ball. Talent is one thing. Winning is what actually matters. Don' count on it, but I can see this team winning against KC WITH TONY HOLLINGS.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #19
compy75
Rookie

Now I understand the disdain after DD's fumbles today but let's be fair here. He has been completely overworked. Look at his touches compared to ANYONE in the league. He had 25 carries and 11 catches today alone. As for the fact that the turnovers cost us 14 points aren't we stretching it out a little bit.

His first fumble they failed to score.

His second fumble, they MARCHED 79 yards. Sure it's easy to scapegoat a guy who has fumbled FOUR times in two games but lets be fair here. Last season, no one could run behind this line. Mack's benching maybe blamed on his fumble, but reality is that everyone was gaining 2.9 ypg behind our line. DD averaged 4.4. It's one thing to say his fumbling is a huge problem, it's another to blame the loss on them. Last week, I can understand a bit. This week, no it wasn't the fumbling.
compy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by compy75
Now I understand the disdain after DD's fumbles today but let's be fair here. He has been completely overworked. Look at his touches compared to ANYONE in the league. He had 25 carries and 11 catches today alone. As for the fact that the turnovers cost us 14 points aren't we stretching it out a little bit.

His first fumble they failed to score.

His second fumble, they MARCHED 79 yards. Sure it's easy to scapegoat a guy who has fumbled FOUR times in two games but lets be fair here. Last season, no one could run behind this line. Mack's benching maybe blamed on his fumble, but reality is that everyone was gaining 2.9 ypg behind our line. DD averaged 4.4. It's one thing to say his fumbling is a huge problem, it's another to blame the loss on them. Last week, I can understand a bit. This week, no it wasn't the fumbling.
well, everyone on the board thought that DD was going to lead the league in rushing and be the next LT and he thought he was going to get 2000 yards so he has to work. And the worst thing about turnovers it not that they score, but that we dont have the chance to score. We could have gotten 14 points off his two fumbles. Mack was gaining 2.9 ypc last year because he was running with turf toe. DD found plenty of holes last year and Mack ran just fine in the first couple of games. If Davis doesnt fumble late against SD, we could tie it up and win in OT. If Davis doesnt fumble a 2nd time today, we can score 7 points and not give up 7 points. DD is a big reason for the loss....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read