Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2006   #1
[[Gary Kubiak]]

Default Horrible vs Horrible!

Texans are stinking it up, Redskins are even worst. Two 0-2 teams and somebody will come away with a win!

Were gonna be winners this sunday boys!!!!
Old 09-22-2006   #2
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Texans are stinking it up, Redskins are even worst. Two 0-2 teams and somebody will come away with a win!

i hope so
Old 09-22-2006   #3
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

We need this win. If we don't get it, it only goes downhill, until we hit the raiders and titans.
Aztequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #4
texflex513
All Pro

This is a big game for us the redskins are better than their record... a win would really get us going..I want portis to play so we can shut his mouth and his legs down.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

REdskins can't get their offense going........

We can't stop offenses........

sounds like a match made in heaven....
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post

The Redskins are not the worst. The top Wikipedia entry for worst would show a picture of the Texans defense.

And if the Redskins were worse (than the Texans), they wouldn't be favored by 4 on the road.

Portis will get 30 touches and Gregg Williams will be blitzing and blitzing and then blitzing more.

I know a lot of our fans at Reliant will be at their worst if certain things happen, or don't happen.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Ive said it, and I am calling it, Texans 0-4 and go either 4-12 or 5-11 this year.

Next year, the team is in the system, Free agents, the draft, and who knows.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2006   #8
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

redskins have a way better defense. clinton p is going to break runs on marios side all day
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
redskins have a way better defense. clinton p is going to break runs on marios side all day
Especially when he over persues into the backfield. It'll open a massive hole like it did in Indy. Let's hope he was told to rush the QB every play and not play the run because that's what it kinda looked like.
Old 09-22-2006   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
The Redskins are not the worst. The top Wikipedia entry for worst would show a picture of the Texans defense.

And if the Redskins were worse (than the Texans), they wouldn't be favored by 4 on the road.

Portis will get 30 touches and Gregg Williams will be blitzing and blitzing and then blitzing more.

I know a lot of our fans at Reliant will be at their worst if certain things happen, or don't happen.
A very fair review.

If Portis gets the run game going, it will open everything up for their offense.
Old 09-22-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I caught the end of Carr’s 610 show this morning. They were talking about Salaam replacing Spencer. I’m paraphrasing, but he said that “Salaam understands the offense so he won’t come in glassy eyed” and that Salaam would therefore “be able to play to the best of his ability”.

The first part sounds good, but the second sounds like faint praise at best. I hope Dave’s not already hearing footsteps.

I’m worried about the Washington blitz.
Old 09-22-2006   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

This is either gonna be an ugly game where neither offense can get going or a slug fest where we cant stop them and they cant stop us. I dont think Brunell is good enough to beat us without a good running game, so the priority must be to stop Portis and the occasional big play to Moss. Shut those two down and we should see plenty of punts. For us on O, we have to get off to a good start and RUN THE BALL! Once that happens, we can go deep to AJ since they still wont have Springs and take advantage of their secondary. Their starting corners are Carlos Rogers, a 2nd year player who was a nickle last year, and Kenny Wright. AJ and Moulds should have a field day.
Old 09-22-2006   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I really think that some fans are getting ahead of themselves a little bit, expecting a win vs. the Redskins. That team has a lot more talent than our team and we've performed horribly to this point. Their offensive line has a solid pair of tackles in Jansen and Samuels (their center's not bad, either). Santana Moss can (and probably will) torch anyone in our secondary repeatedly. Our defense has performed terribly against tight ends this year (and last year, and the year before, and ....), and the Skins are looking to get Cooley more involved, like he was last year. With Portis being back in the lineup, that doesn't bode well either. We never stop the running game.

Offensively, we have some hope, I think, as we moved the ball on the Eagles, who have a good defense, but we won't win if our defense can't stop Portis, Cooley, and Moss. Brunell is also mobile enough to avoid pressure, not that we really get much.

Just saying ... temper those expectations.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #14
Doug
All Pro

I expect my team to win and that's going to be every week. I think Mario will have his first sack of the season and I see Gado breaking off some big runs. I don't see this game as a walk in the park by any means but I do see us making some positive things happen that we haven't seen in the last 2 weeks.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect their horrible to be superior to our horrible.

I'll be glad just to see improvement over our horrible showing last week.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just reading a little blurb on AOL that said that no teams that went 0-2 last year went to the playoffs?!?!

I am going to go back and see if I misread that...that does not bode well for the Redskins then who were in the playoffs last year.

I think they'll come here with a chip on their shoulder and I'm hoping and expecting the Texans to be much more efficient on both sides of the ball.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I was just reading a little blurb on AOL that said that no teams that went 0-2 last year went to the playoffs?!?!

I am going to go back and see if I misread that...that does not bode well for the Redskins then who were in the playoffs last year.

I think they'll come here with a chip on their shoulder and I'm hoping and expecting the Texans to be much more efficient on both sides of the ball.
They had a similar quote on one of the TV shows which was only 4 of the last 49 teams to start a season 0-2 has gone to the playoffs--don't recall the time period.
Old 09-22-2006   #18
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I caught the end of Carr’s 610 show this morning. They were talking about Salaam replacing Spencer. I’m paraphrasing, but he said that “Salaam understands the offense so he won’t come in glassy eyed” and that Salaam would therefore “be able to play to the best of his ability”.

The first part sounds good, but the second sounds like faint praise at best. I hope Dave’s not already hearing footsteps.

I’m worried about the Washington blitz.
If Carr doesn't believe in the line, he should pressure the coaches to provide the line he believes in. That's the only way anything will get done.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read