Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN Radio: Ron Dayne most likely starter against Skins

Per ESPN Radio, they heard reports out of Houston say that Ron Dayne is emerging to be the starter against the Skins. With him and Gado, Lundy can sit on the bench and just observe.

Just wanted to pass it along to my fellow Texans.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #2
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Crap, when we picked up Dayne I thought he was going to be our back up's back up. Is anyone else really missing DD right now?
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83 View Post
Crap, when we picked up Dayne I thought he was going to be our back up's back up. Is anyone else really missing DD right now?
I'm missing him. But, I do think Dayne is better than Lundy. He didn't get to play much against the Colts, but when he was in there I was more impressed with him than I was with Lundy. I think Gado will eventually be our starter, but becuase he's still relatively new he still has to get used to the system.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Yeah, sure I'm missing DD. But Dayne knows the system. And this isn't anything that we should be shocked about.

-Dayne knows the system
-Gado is going to get more carries, and eventually emerge as the starter
-Lundy is going to drop down the depth chart

Its all about a business. And whatever works is fine with me, as long as we start to win. Heck, they could sign Burger King man for a ridiculous contract, as long as we start winning I don't care.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Dayne just looks so bad out of shape and he cant carry the ball for a long run or drive.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Yeah, sure I'm missing DD. But Dayne knows the system. And this isn't anything that we should be shocked about.

-Dayne knows the system
-Gado is going to get more carries, and eventually emerge as the starter
-Lundy is going to drop down the depth chart

Its all about a business. And whatever works is fine with me, as long as we start to win. Heck, they could sign Burger King man for a ridiculous contract, as long as we start winning I don't care.
We need him to shore up our defensive backfield.
Old 09-22-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Dayne just looks so bad out of shape and he cant carry the ball for a long run or drive.
He looks out of shape but he isn't. If he were out of shape, I don't think he would get many touches. He's not a breakaway back for sure, but I think he can run for some long gains.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2006   #8
vast321
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to vast321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Whats he at right now, 240 something? Thats pretty low for his weight. He just needs to see more carries, and i think he will really work well as a starter or 2nd stringer.
1 Peter 3:15
vast321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I'm missing Adrian Peterson.
Old 09-22-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
I'm missing Adrian Peterson.
I love AP.

I have no qualms with Dayne starting based on his limited touches last week. With Spencer out, Flanagan banged up and Wand not with us I would rather see less Lundy and more Dayne and Gado.
Old 09-22-2006   #11
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Gado???I havent been around whos that :o
Old 09-22-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I
I have no qualms with Dayne starting based on his limited touches last week. With Spencer out, Flanagan banged up and Wand not with us I would rather see less Lundy and more Dayne and Gado.
Dayne and Gado ran with authority. I cannot say the same for Lundy. I hope he is moved to 3rd string by the time we come back from the bye week.
Old 09-22-2006   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

It is on their webpage also.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2598563

And of course Len Pasquarelli, can't do an article on the Texans with out reminding everyone who we didn't draft.:brickwall

Last edited by V Man; 09-22-2006 at 12:42 PM.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Gado???I havent been around whos that :o
S. Gado... Formerly of the Packers.
Old 09-22-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
It is on their webpage also.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2598563

And of course Len Pasquarelli, can't go an article on the Texans with out reminding everyone who we didn't draft.:brickwall
Get used to it...it is our legacy to hand down to future Texans fans now. I think Gado will be the starter before too long.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Get used to it...it is our legacy to hand down to future Texans fans now. I think Gado will be the starter before too long.
Oh I know, it will only stop if Bush turns out to be like Eric Metcalf (sp). I just think it is getting funny that no matter what the article deals with, Bush has to be mentioned. (you know that laugh you do when there is nothing else you can do but laugh).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Oh I know, it will only stop if Bush turns out to be like Eric Metcalf (sp). I just think it is getting funny that no matter what the article deals with, Bush has to be mentioned. (you know that laugh you do when there is nothing else you can do but laugh).
Speaking of bad drafts...I was listening to John and lance yesterday and John said that Casserly said that Merriman wasn't on our draft board because they didn't think he could play the 3-4 OLB. He was gone...but we probably would have passed on him too.

LOL!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Speaking of bad drafts...I was listening to John and lance yesterday and John said that Casserly said that Merriman wasn't on our draft board because they didn't think he could play the 3-4 OLB.

LOL!
LOL. I heard that as well. Unbelievable!
Old 09-22-2006   #19
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
I'm missing him a whole lot. Seriously guys, when has our running game been not good ever since we discovered DD? Not until now. And it's really surprising how bad it has been the past 2 games. First cause we've always been a decent running team and second because of the great preseason we had. We can say the same thing about our defense too.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1 View Post
I'm missing him a whole lot. Seriously guys, when has our running game been not good ever since we discovered DD? Not until now. And it's really surprising how bad it has been the past 2 games. First cause we've always been a decent running team and second because of the great preseason we had. We can say the same thing about our defense too.
I guess that's why everyone says preseason doesn't mean jack. On top of that, the teams we played in preseason aren't doing too good right now either. Even the Broncos, who we lost to, have started kind of sluggish. So take in account preseason games against poor to average teams=Texans looking good or average.

edit; this was not a bash on phan1 by any means.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read