Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2006   #1
BlueThunder
Veteran

Default Moving parts!

What do you guys think of moving McCleon to CB Lewis Sanders to SS and picking up FS Brock Marion to look like this,,,,

LCB Dexter McCleon FS Brock Marion SS Lewis Sanders RCB Dunta Robinson

We can put everyone that like it on the bus..

Last edited by BlueThunder; 09-21-2006 at 11:14 AM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

no...

Although I do lik Dexter.

CB Dexter Mcleon
CB Dunta Robinson
FS Jason Simmons Brown is annoying me.
SS Glen Earl
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
What do you guys think of moving McCleon to CB Lewis Sanders to SS and picking up FS Brock Marion to look like this,,,,

LCB Dexter McCleon FS Brock Marion SS Lewis Sanders RCB Dunta Robinson

We can put everyone that like it on the bus..
Right now i would like to see p buch(when healthy) opposite dunta and i still have faith in both brown and earl. There is no quick fix for our secondary they are all good players and they will improve.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #4
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I would truely like to see John Walker come off the practice squad, and start at CB, he had some great pre-season games, ecspecially against Tampa Bay, he really stood out.........
Old 09-21-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking the same thing about John Walker but I think right now he wouldn't fix things. I would like to see PBuch or Mcleon get the starting nod this week.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #6
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I was thinking the same thing about John Walker but I think right now he wouldn't fix things. I would like to see PBuch or Mcleon get the starting nod this week.
McLeon is way to slow! He showed this in the Eagles game. Give Lewis some more time, its only been two games...some of the fans on this board are getting too impatient, plugging a different player in only creates a needed learning time for the new player as well, basically making the TEAM move backward.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #7
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

We could have a random person picked from the stands and still play the same at FS right now. I could stand out there getting beat all game long too.
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2006   #8
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
McLeon is way to slow! He showed this in the Eagles game. Give Lewis some more time, its only been two games...some of the fans on this board are getting too impatient, plugging a different player in only creates a needed learning time for the new player as well, basically making the TEAM move backward.
well it was only two games for McLeon to if you say give Lewis time then you have to do the same with McLeon.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I truly don't think that switching CB's is going to do anything. IMO The problems are at Safety. Sanders hasn't looked all that bad especially for a guy who is getting his 1st real action. He played solid in the Philly game he just needs to get a little help over the top from the safeties. Brown played too agressive in the philly game, hence getting burned over the top by Mcnabb, Then played too tentative in the Indy game, hence the middle being wide open. Zones are not easy to run, it takes time for guys to really get comfortable & trust that there teammates are going to be where there suppossed to be at. Until then you'll see things like Dunta throwing his hands up wondering where his help is like in the Indy game. If u notice from all teams who run zones to perfection, the Safeties are the ones who anchor everything to put people into positions to be successful (Tampa with Lynch superbowl year, Jacksonville this year with Darius). Obviously there are other factors, but if trying to get the most out of your secondary alone it starts with the Safeties, which we don't have.......................yet.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #10
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I hope that someone can make a stop...hell. right now, someone to replace d-rob, 'cause he isn't stopping anyone either
Old 09-21-2006   #11
phan1
All Pro

It's amazing WTF happened to Buchanon. Has he been hurt or is he officailly demoted to 2nd team DB? I'm not a fan of either him or Sanders, but I wouldn't mind seeing Buchanon in there if Sanders is getting beat.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #12
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1 View Post
It's amazing WTF happened to Buchanon. Has he been hurt or is he officailly demoted to 2nd team DB? I'm not a fan of either him or Sanders, but I wouldn't mind seeing Buchanon in there if Sanders is getting beat.
He's been injured since the first game. It looks like the first play of the game is where he initially hurt it, then he left later. He's questionable for this weekend, though I've seen reports that say he's unlikely. Hopefully he gets back on the field this weekend, he has the physical tools if he can put it together. C'mon P.Buch, I'm pullin for you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read