Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2006   #1
afcman
Veteran

Default Sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I am SO SICK of the people (the fans) getting blamed for anything and everything. We should NOT be in this situation. It's not the fans fault that the team is in the position it's in. There are people getting PAID BIG MONEY to make the key decisions for the team. And after all this time we're still complaining about the SAME F'in problems.

Don't give me this "you're not a true fan if...." Blah Blah Blah. My time and money are mine and I'm not gonna follow the team if it's obvious the team is not making adjustments to fix the same OLD problems.

I'm still a Texans fan and think and hope that it will improve. If I stop feeling that way then I'll put the Texans on hold. I'm a football fan first and foremost. Love it. College and the NFL. There's plenty to keep me excited about.

For example, if I had lived in Detroit all this time (gag!) there's no way I'd still be following the Lions. Why? What's the freaking point? You want to spend your money on the Lions? Go right ahead. (Although they seem to be making some headway.) But for the most part I'd see a better game at the local high school then following say, the Raiders or Titans.

OK, I feel a little better now.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #2
Frills
Veteran

We now have a description of the Bandwagon
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #3
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
Man, I am SO SICK of the people (the fans) getting blamed for anything and everything. We should NOT be in this situation. It's not the fans fault that the team is in the position it's in. There are people getting PAID BIG MONEY to make the key decisions for the team. And after all this time we're still complaining about the SAME F'in problems.

Don't give me this "you're not a true fan if...." Blah Blah Blah. My time and money are mine and I'm not gonna follow the team if it's obvious the team is not making adjustments to fix the same OLD problems.

I'm still a Texans fan and think and hope that it will improve. If I stop feeling that way then I'll put the Texans on hold. I'm a football fan first and foremost. Love it. College and the NFL. There's plenty to keep me excited about.

For example, if I had lived in Detroit all this time (gag!) there's no way I'd still be following the Lions. Why? What's the freaking point? You want to spend your money on the Lions? Go right ahead. (Although they seem to be making some headway.) But for the most part I'd see a better game at the local high school then following say, the Raiders or Titans.

You are in west texas?

Odessa Permian H.S. usually has a good football team.

You're welcome.

Old 09-21-2006   #4
TommyS
Veteran

Quote:
sorry, who's blaming the fans exactly? ? ?
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This comment is what tends to turn people off the most. I know you feel the need to vent, but there are teams that have sucked for decades and I don't really feel like we will be in that boat. I see an organization that put their faith in someone who royally screwed up the system here. I believe Kubiak has a plan and it will take some time to implement it the way he wants to. Be patient AFCman...times will get better.
Old 09-21-2006   #6
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are people getting PAID BIG MONEY to make the key decisions for the team.
There are people getting PAID BIG MONEY to beat our team too.

If it causes you so much pain, why do you keep exposing yourself to it?
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #7
TommyS
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not gonna follow the team if it's obvious the team is not making adjustments to fix the same OLD problems.

:
new GM
new HC
new Off C
new Def C
new assistant HC/OL
new LB coach
new WR coach
returning only 26 (aprox i might have miscounted) of last years team

what more do people want?!!!!!!!

overnight we become the Indy offense and the Pitt D? GIVE IT A ********** CHANCE PEOPLE!!!
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2006   #8
texflex513
All Pro

Just think of how bad it would be to have mike brown for an owner a guy who continually hired yes men within the org to coach the bengals and led them into a 10-12 year ditch of losing and horrible draft picks and just recently (3 years) hired a real head coach in Marvin Lewis...We just hire our first REAL head coach in kubiak give him a year or 2 and we will be the team to beat in the afc.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #9
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
Just think of how bad it would be to have mike brown for an owner a guy who continually hired yes men within the org to coach the bengals and led them into a 10-12 year ditch of losing and horrible draft picks and just recently (3 years) hired a real head coach in Marvin Lewis...We just hire our first REAL head coach in kubiak give him a year or 2 and we will be the team to beat in the afc.
Preach on brother..preach on!
Old 09-21-2006   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There is NO instant gratification in the game of football!!!! You have to suffer through the bad times to get to the good! Either hang in there, or don't. Your choice!

Last edited by SheTexan; 09-21-2006 at 10:49 AM.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS View Post
new GM
new HC
new Off C
new Def C
new assistant HC/OL
new LB coach
new WR coach
returning only 26 (aprox i might have miscounted) of last years team

what more do people want?!!!!!!!

overnight we become the Indy offense and the Pitt D? GIVE IT A ********** CHANCE PEOPLE!!!
I knew we changed a lot of players, but that's half our team isn't it?

I ranted a lot last year about having at least average players that were receiving less that average coaching.

Seems I over estimated some of our players.... slightly..

But I stand on my opinion of the coaching staff.

At least the ones that we didn't retain..

Old 09-21-2006   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, AFCman...that was pretty weak.

I feel your pain, but the whole point of following a football team is to suffer WITH them through the tough times so that when the good times come...you're smiling bigger than everybody else because the reward is so much sweeter.

I have no desire to become a Yankees fan because they basically PURCHASE a team every year. I am loving the fact that they cannot get over the top with all their All-Stars.

The entire reason for sports and for following a team is to "bond" with a team you enjoy to watch or to be affiliated with, and to then go through the same agony they go through, and to also enjoy the victories WITH them.

No point in being a die hard fan of a team if you cannot understand that, in the case of the NFL, you have ONE champion out of 32 teams every year. We've had how many Super Bowls? And there's how many teams in the NFL? Man, you have to be good AND lucky to win major sports championships.

It doesn't all ride on a coach or an owner. Granted, they can help or hurt...but they alone are not sinking our ship. It's a culimnation of everything working together (or not working together).

Sorry, bro. You need to re-evaluate and come to what Regis calls a "final decision."

I ain't going anywhere, that's for sure.
Old 09-21-2006   #13
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Yeah, AFCman...that was pretty weak.

I feel your pain, but the whole point of following a football team is to suffer WITH them through the tough times so that when the good times come...you're smiling bigger than everybody else because the reward is so much sweeter.

I have no desire to become a Yankees fan because they basically PURCHASE a team every year. I am loving the fact that they cannot get over the top with all their All-Stars.

The entire reason for sports and for following a team is to "bond" with a team you enjoy to watch or to be affiliated with, and to then go through the same agony they go through, and to also enjoy the victories WITH them.

No point in being a die hard fan of a team if you cannot understand that, in the case of the NFL, you have ONE champion out of 32 teams every year. We've had how many Super Bowls? And there's how many teams in the NFL? Man, you have to be good AND lucky to win major sports championships.

It doesn't all ride on a coach or an owner. Granted, they can help or hurt...but they alone are not sinking our ship. It's a culimnation of everything working together (or not working together).

Sorry, bro. You need to re-evaluate and come to what Regis calls a "final decision."

I ain't going anywhere, that's for sure.

Well said gpshafer....
Old 09-21-2006   #14
NJ Texan
Rookie

I'm still hanging on the Texans, because 2 games doesn't a season make. .
NJ Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #15
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think we just witnessed a fan breakdown.
Harsh stuff, dude.

A little time of reflection on what team you truly love is in order. Walk the dog, take some Cymbalta and it will make you smile again (it just did that in a commercial on TV). Slowly, take small sips of Battle Red koolaid. If this upsets your delicate system, its time to shove off the Texans' train.

I do understand your rant, I really do but your words come across very badly. Even Grandma didn't offer assistance, and she is a nurse! I don't quite grasp what you are rambling about in terms of us fans taking it on the chin (blame). Take a deep breath and a sizeable break from the boards. Seriously.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Seems I over estimated some of our players.... slightly..
Combination of talent and not fitting the system. Good example would be Moran Norris. Excellent blocking FB but the staff ditched him to get a FB who would catch 6 passes in 2 games.
Old 09-21-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I won't pull the true fan card. If you're complaining about a team losing that just changed their coaching, their GM and half their roster...then you're just stating the obvious. And wasting your time.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

"The Sweet is never as Sweet, without the Sour..."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #19
afcman
Veteran

I HAVE NOT given up on the team. Not at all. I just had to vent because some people were complaining about the fans.

Quote:
I agree. As I've said before, I'm looking forward to next years draft.

And when we beat Philly and the Jags in their stadium I will scream for joy from my roof.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com

fa·nat·ic [fuh-nat-ik]
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause. / person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics [or sports]
Through thick and thin, man. Devotion to the cause is unwavering if you're a fanatic. This doesn't mean you can't question the cause or be critical of it, but it does mean that you have an undying devotion irregardless of timeframe.

Some make the commitment, others don't. But it's all good...just a personal choice.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read