Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2006   #1
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan
Default Who gets the first win, Texans or Titans?

Who gets the first win? The Texans or the Titans

Texans
Titans
Old 09-21-2006   #2
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan
Default Who gets the first win, Texans or Titans?

Who has a better chance this weekend at getting the first win and should that not go down, who gets that first win?
Old 09-21-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan View Post
Who gets the first win? The Texans or the Titans

Texans
Titans
Save us the research - what is the Titan's near term schedule?
Old 09-21-2006   #4
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Save us the research - what is the Titan's near term schedule?
Dolphins 9/24
Dallas 10/1

I'm going off of the next 2 games.
Old 09-21-2006   #5
Big J
Rookie

Default Texans probably

Obviously a biased answer....but Im going to say the Texans. We have two home games and our first is against a stuggling team. I think the outcome of this game will tell us alot about how well our team has or has not improved.

As for the Titans....I think we are on the same level as them. It will be a race to see who is the worst in the AFC South.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

With TO possibly returning to the line up this week, I think we have a better chance to win between the Skins and Fins than the Titans do between the Fins and Boys.

Remaining Titans schedule:

at Miami Sunday 9/24 Noon CBS

DALLAS Sunday 10/1 Noon FOX

at Indianapolis Sunday 10/8 Noon CBS

at Washington Sunday 10/15 Noon CBS
BYE Sunday 10/22

HOUSTON Sunday 10/29 Noon CBS

at Jacksonville Sunday 11/5 Noon CBS

BALTIMORE Sunday 11/12 Noon* CBS

at Philadelphia Sunday 11/19 Noon* CBS

N.Y. GIANTS Sunday 11/26 Noon* FOX

INDIANAPOLIS Sunday 12/3 Noon* CBS

at Houston Sunday 12/10 Noon* CBS

JACKSONVILLE Sunday 12/17 Noon* CBS

at Buffalo Sunday 12/24 Noon CBS

NEW ENGLAND Sunday 12/31 Noon* CBS

Looking at this schedule, the Titans/Texans match looks to set up the first win for either team, unless one or the other upsets before then. Looking at this schedule, I think the Texans should do 1 to 2 games better than the Titans. I am basing this on the Texans playing the Jets and Raiders and not Baltimore. As much as we hate our schedule, the Titans' looks harder.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Texans.
Old 09-21-2006   #8
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

the texans, even as bad as we have looked i think that we will do better than the titans this season
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #9
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

All the way..............
Old 09-21-2006   #10
rondog
Rookie

At this point, I don't care if we win this game I just want to see some type of competition. I don't want the first play to be like the whole game. Hustle.
rondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #11
texflex513
All Pro

I think we will win first..lets just hope we dont have to beat the titans in order to get our 1st win.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #12
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

This week will probably be the best opportunity to get out of the current slump. If we play the entire game like we did in the fourth quarter against Indy, we top the Redskins.
OrangeCountyTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, the Titans could legitimately go 0-16 with that schedule!
Old 09-21-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict that we will win, there will be pass protection, Mario gets 4 sacks, Lundy gets 100 yds, and the safeties do fine. But, Carr plays like crap and Dunta ole's a few tackles.

After Carr throws 1 td. and 4 interceptions, you know what I'm gonna say?

We still won so Carr is a great leader.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will get a win this weekend, and so will Miami.
Old 09-21-2006   #16
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I just can't see the Titans winning better than 2 this year. Call me a homer but they're really, really bad right now. I know our first two games aren't a basket of sunshine either, but I still think the Titans are worse.
Old 09-21-2006   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The Texans have shown flashes of NFL-caliber football on the offensive side of the ball. The Titans have shown nothing on either side of the ball. The Texans have played slightly tougher opponents to this point. I'd have to say my expectation for the Texans still has not changed - six wins. And we'll get one before the Titans do.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #18
DeclanJr
Rookie

Default ...and I thought we were homers!

Day Ago
qma1987
Rookie Join Date: Dec 2005

VY says- "Watch Us Make the Play-offs!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May-be Vince was just being funny but on News Channel 4 last-night (10pm) Vince said and I quote: "We are not done yet as a team. Watch us make the play-offs!"
I wonder was he talking about this year or next year! Seriously, though he may be right... I HOPE!
AWAY against Miami- WIN (Titans finally win a regular season game since middle of last year!)
HOME against Cowboys- WIN (No T.O. and the home crowd shocks Dallas)
AWAY against Colts- LOSS (Collins loses his starting position/VY takes over)
AWAY against Washington- WIN (VY wins his 1st game as starter)
BYE WEEK (much needed rest at 3-3)
HOME against Houston- WIN (They better win)
AWAY against Jagaurs- LOSS (Titans play well but Jags D plays better)
HOME against Ravens- WIN Sorry, Steve (VY will be an established starter.)
AWAY against Eagles- LOSS (funny game after beating rivals)
HOME against Giants- WIN (Titans TAKE BACK THE HOUSE) Hit the road jack...
HOME against Colts- WIN (Titans start thinking SERIOUSLY about play-offs)
AWAY against Houston- WIN (The winning continues as VY returns home)
HOME against Jagaurs- WIN (Titans could clinch play-off spot here)
AWAY against Bills- WIN (Bills playing for PRIDE)
HOME against Patriots- WIN (Titans fans prepare for play-offs back in Nashville!)

Play-offs>>>>Superbowl?
TIME WILL TELL!
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #19
afcman
Veteran

Boy I sure don't think we are on the same level as the Titans. I think they are below us. And I think Fisher will be gone by the end of this season or next.

I pick the Texans to get the first win. I think we are showing promise. Definitely making more headway than the Titans.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #20
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanJr View Post
Day Ago
qma1987
Rookie Join Date: Dec 2005

VY says- "Watch Us Make the Play-offs!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May-be Vince was just being funny but on News Channel 4 last-night (10pm) Vince said and I quote: "We are not done yet as a team. Watch us make the play-offs!"
I wonder was he talking about this year or next year! Seriously, though he may be right... I HOPE!
AWAY against Miami- WIN (Titans finally win a regular season game since middle of last year!)
HOME against Cowboys- WIN (No T.O. and the home crowd shocks Dallas)
AWAY against Colts- LOSS (Collins loses his starting position/VY takes over)
AWAY against Washington- WIN (VY wins his 1st game as starter)
BYE WEEK (much needed rest at 3-3)
HOME against Houston- WIN (They better win)
AWAY against Jagaurs- LOSS (Titans play well but Jags D plays better)
HOME against Ravens- WIN Sorry, Steve (VY will be an established starter.)
AWAY against Eagles- LOSS (funny game after beating rivals)
HOME against Giants- WIN (Titans TAKE BACK THE HOUSE) Hit the road jack...
HOME against Colts- WIN (Titans start thinking SERIOUSLY about play-offs)
AWAY against Houston- WIN (The winning continues as VY returns home)
HOME against Jagaurs- WIN (Titans could clinch play-off spot here)
AWAY against Bills- WIN (Bills playing for PRIDE)
HOME against Patriots- WIN (Titans fans prepare for play-offs back in Nashville!)

Play-offs>>>>Superbowl?
TIME WILL TELL!

To me I like when players do this, did Roy Williams think Detroit was going to post 40 on the Bears. no; but at least he made an attempt to get his team and the fans hyped. I'll compare

1.VY saying they will make the playoffs= A man who believes he and his team belong in the NFL

2.Texan fans saying we lost to two superbowl contenders,and some of the players getting down on themselves= We have no stinkin chance and really shouldn't ever try to win if the team is supposedly better than us.

I like VY's way better, no excuses, no intimidation

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read