Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta Robinson interview

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/182...n%209-20_1.mp3

Pretty good interview. It's from ESPN 790 with Charlie Palillo

Here's the link to other interviews. http://www.790kbme.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
Dunta ROCKS! He is one of about five players on this team that are NFL caliber (Thanks to Dom Capers).
Too bad he hasn't played up to that so far this season. He's been terrible along with the rest of the secondary.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #3
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Too bad he hasn't played up to that so far this season. He's been terrible along with the rest of the secondary.
yep.

this is the reason we need a pass rush. Even a GREAT Cornerback looks like a clown when the opposing team's QB has all day to throw the ball.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #4
CMoak1982
Rookie

We can't keep blaming the Dline for everything, if they are NFL caliber corners they should be able to cover 3 sec. and if it's a little more at least be around the receiver..
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #5
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMoak1982 View Post
We can't keep blaming the Dline for everything, if they are NFL caliber corners they should be able to cover 3 sec. and if it's a little more at least be around the receiver..
3 sec?????? how bout 5 or more.....so far both manabb an manning had all day to pass the ball
Old 09-21-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
3 sec?????? how bout 5 or more.....so far both manabb an manning had all day to pass the ball
ARe you sure about that??

How Long Is too Long??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Why do people....Say things.....as if they're fact? When indeed.....they aren't....????
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2006   #8
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
though,it does seem that ole Dauta is the only guy out there that will make a hit. I remember at the Eagles game he made 2 or 3 hits that make you glad to be in the stands and not on the field. still is the best player on our D. maybe even the team.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Agree that this year hasn't been his best season so far. But I don't think it is all his fault. Several times, I have seen a receiver catch a ball in the area near him, and he throws up his hands and looks toward the safeties like "where are you". If you are gonig to run a zone, and only one player is correctly playing his role, it isn't going to work. And everyone in the secondary is going to look bad. He is being hurt by the Qb having to much time and poor safety play.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #10
BlueThunder
Veteran

OVERATED
He needs to step up or he'll be a nickel CB next year.What have you done for me lately.Maybe he's in a slump but sooner or later he's going to have to cover someone..I would put him on the weakest WR and see if he can cover him.If that works maybe go cover 2 on the top WR.As for the safety I think Lewis Sanders is where things are going at the position.Lewis has the talent to settle into SS but right now he's getting his chance at CB which he hasn't been able to take on 2 other teams ..I think at some point we may want to give Buchanon a shot at CB if Sanders has trouble.With Sanders size and athletics he could earn a probowl birth with strong film study and a little more work at the Safety position.

Last edited by BlueThunder; 09-21-2006 at 10:02 AM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #11
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

cant really say hes overrated, just look at his rookie season, when we had a good corner in Aaron Glenn, and since then we havent had another starting quality corner on this team, and remember that season we had a good FS in Marcus Coleman and then he fell off the next season, so we cant just have one good guy out there and excpect him to be a pro-bowl corner, the fact is that the whole team needs to hepl out, why do you think that the good teams have the most guys going to the pro-bowl, because they compliment each other, and dunta doesnt have that, so hopefully nate clements wont re-sign after this season, and we can lock him up, and then we will see the good ole dunta again, and then laron landry or michael griffin in the draft, then we can start to judge dunta, but dont do it now
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Buchanon should be back in the lineup this week if it makes ya'll feel any better.
Old 09-21-2006   #13
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

it does make me feel better, i think buchanon can be a good corner if he gets it all together, they said he worked hard this offseason on his tackling, so hopefully he can knock down a few balls, and make mark throw to dunta's side.
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And guys look like there at practice. There is no one within 5-7 yards when they catch a pass. Not even close.
Old 09-21-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
it does make me feel better, i think buchanon can be a good corner if he gets it all together, they said he worked hard this offseason on his tackling, so hopefully he can knock down a few balls, and make mark throw to dunta's side.
Hey, if it'll improve our defensive backfield, then I'm all for it. OTOH, Kubiak has given nothing but praise about Sanders. I don't know if that's directly from Kubiak or if it's an extended voice of Richard Smith. Who knows?
Old 09-21-2006   #16
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 40925 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Hey, if it'll improve our defensive backfield, then I'm all for it. OTOH, Kubiak has given nothing but praise about Sanders. I don't know if that's directly from Kubiak or if it's an extended voice of Richard Smith. Who knows?

And I heard lots of praise for my favorite Wand. And look what happened.

"Alright old man, let it go.".. (talking to myself again)

Just coach talk I think.

Old 09-21-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IMHO, Buchannon was the best of the three in PS...... Sanders second, and the best in our two regular season games.

PBuch had one mistake, with the PI, other than that, he's been shut down.
Old 09-21-2006   #18
mikoto
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Agree that this year hasn't been his best season so far. But I don't think it is all his fault. Several times, I have seen a receiver catch a ball in the area near him, and he throws up his hands and looks toward the safeties like "where are you". If you are gonig to run a zone, and only one player is correctly playing his role, it isn't going to work. And everyone in the secondary is going to look bad. He is being hurt by the Qb having to much time and poor safety play.
I agree with this statement mostly, especially the bolded section. Although, I won't make that broad an excuse for him, he is imho not playing his best.

It seems like Rick Smith is scared to play tight, perhaps because he is all too aware of his secondary issues. We seem to be playing that brand of football that is often coined "bend but don't break". In other words, giving up the short and even intermediate passes to avoid the back breakers. I don't like this philosophy at all.

[/begin rant]

Memo to rick: If you give up 15 yards regularly against the opponents passing game regardless of down and distance you are going to lose. Might as well sell out with 8 in the box, on almost every down, rushing every man who doesn't have to cover someone 1-on-1 in an attempt to create mistakes or *gasp* turnovers. If they beat you for 80, so what, they were going to gash your pathetic excuse for a secondary for TD's anyway. This way, at least you give yourself a chance of doing something positive, end drives quicker, and can allow your players to look at themselves in the mirror and say, "WE force the action". Does wonders for the morale of the D. That might be the only positive you can get for them this year. Playing passive D does not give your players a chance to believe they "left it all on the field", they will always be wondering if they could have played harder or better. Since they can't play better, have them play more aggressive and harder.

[/end rant]
mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I agree with this statement mostly, especially the bolded section. Although, I won't make that broad an excuse for him, he is imho not playing his best.
How much time is too much time??
Old 09-21-2006   #20
mikoto
Rookie

Who cares about time...is too hard to measure, and means different things depending upon protection schemes and types and number of routes. What I care about is punching the opposing QB in the mouth. Pushing him around and making him uncomfortable in the pocket. Make him spend some attention on something other than his recievers. If we aren't doing that then he has too much time.
mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read