Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2004   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Priest Holmes may not play Sunday

Ankle sprain might keep him out of the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1885617
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I'm surprised Larry Johnson can't take the number 2 running back spot from Blalock. I know its only 1 year out, but if he can't even climb up the depth charts, thats a first round bust. To think he was in the same draft class as Dommink Davis.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

If we can keep the mistakes to a minimum we truely have a shot this weekend.

Well if you keep mistakes to a minimum you have a shot every weekend but we need this one
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
I'm surprised Larry Johnson can't take the number 2 running back spot from Blalock. I know its only 1 year out, but if he can't even climb up the depth charts, thats a first round bust. To think he was in the same draft class as Dommink Davis.
To think alot of us, including me, wanted to pick him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

This is pretty much one of those games I think the Chiefs will think they should win and so I'm guessing if there is a 1% chance Priest can play that he will.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #6
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

With the way this Texans' team has been playing overall....my little girl could be in the back field taking over Holmes's spot and the Chiefs would win...

Texans had better go in there and take advantage of their weakness. They should have exploited last week and they didn't do it........last week there were definitely no excuses for another 2 fumbles game for Domanick and it happened again. Let it stop already!!!
Old 09-21-2004   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "ankle sprains" one of those injuries that most players can play with? Don't they just tape them up strong, give them a shot of painkiller or whatever and have them go at it?

I know for a RB it might be really hard if your ankle is hurt though.

I guess with the NFL injury rules you have to report a hangnail these days too.
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2004   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Priest is likely to play. Vermeil said that the injury is not as bad as first thought.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #9
Demon
Rookie

Default Yes we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
If we can keep the mistakes to a minimum we truely have a shot this weekend.

Well if you keep mistakes to a minimum you have a shot every weekend but we need this one
I am with you Reddevil. If we move the ball like we have the past two games and don't make those stupid mistakes, we will beat KC.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "ankle sprains" one of those injuries that most players can play with? Don't they just tape them up strong, give them a shot of painkiller or whatever and have them go at it?

I know for a RB it might be really hard if your ankle is hurt though.

I guess with the NFL injury rules you have to report a hangnail these days too.
Ankle sprains are tricky because they can be of varying severity. Deuce McCallister (sp?) of New Orleans is expected to miss up to 4 weeks with a sprained ankle. Then there is the dreaded high ankle sprain that one of the Browns suffered against Dallas, and I think he's expect to miss most of the season.

I still think Priest will start because he's a key to their offense when it's clicking.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
He cant climb the depth chart because the Chiefs never really wanted him in the first place. Remember that the only reason they drafted him was so they could have insurance at the beginning of last season because Holmes was going to hold out until he got a big money deal....

I would love to see him get some playing time and carries against us.....

And I wouldnt call him a bust just yet because he has only 20 carries in his career (with a 4.3 yards per carry averege)

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I'm really dumb about injuries. I've never heard of a high ankle sprain. Sounds very painful though!
Old 09-21-2004   #13
texansfan88
All Pro

Larry is a great player and a wonderful person. I really hope he gets his shot to prove to the rest of the world what hes proved to me
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Priest is likely to play. Vermeil said that the injury is not as bad as first thought.
They have him listed as questionable. I wouldn't trust anything that Vermeil says--he denied the injury had anything to do with Holmes coming out of the game as well. Doesn't mean he won't play, just wouldn't trust Vermeil.
Old 09-21-2004   #15
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Priest will play. The Chiefs, like us, see this as a must win game. Nobody wants to be 0-3. Unless his foots in a cast, he'll be suited up and ready for Sunday.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
He cant climb the depth chart because the Chiefs never really wanted him in the first place. Remember that the only reason they drafted him was so they could have insurance at the beginning of last season because Holmes was going to hold out until he got a big money deal....
Also I believe Holmes was coming off that hip injury, and the Chiefs were concerned about how he would perform and his durability thereafter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I've never heard of a high ankle sprain. Sounds very painful though!
Yeah I couldn't tell you much about it either, but it seems to be a nagging type of injury like the 'Turf Toe' that Walker suffered from last season.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't if I should be happy or sad.

Priest is my fantasy back.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #18
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan
Wink warfield too

Warfield was arressted for a D.U.I. probably won't keep him from playing but still a distraction
Old 09-21-2004   #19
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Lastest from KFFL

There also was no good news on the status of running back Priest Holmes, who has led the NFL the past three years with 4,590 yards rushing, 6,566 total yards from scrimmage and 61 touchdowns. Holmes came out of Sunday's 28-17 loss to Carolina with about eight minutes left, and doctors said Monday he had an ankle sprain.

Without him, the Chiefs' already-struggling offense could be devastated. Holmes hurt his hip in the 14th game of the 2002 season and the Chiefs totaled only 97 yards rushing in their next two games.

``What it amounts to is how long it takes for the ankle to feel comfortable and go back to work on,'' Vermeil said. ``It's not a severe sprain. I think we have to list him at questionable.''

Even more pessimistic is the report on Eddie Kennison, the Chiefs' best receiver. He hurt his hamstring on a fly pattern Sunday, further weakening a position that's already been hurt by the loss of Marc Boerigter and versatile rookie Kris Wilson.

``He's our fastest receiver,'' Vermeil said. ``You take him out, it doesn't help you in any way. But I still have a degree of optimism he might be able to go.''
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Priest Holmes does play. At least we will have some sort of an excuse for losing if he plays.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read