Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kevin Walter?

I thought he was supposed to be our #3 WR. He's been a no-show these first two games thus far. I hope he shows more as the season rolls along.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

No joke. Everytime I see him he just has his helmet off, chillin on the sidelines, makin a few mil, havin' a Bud.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #3
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Everytime I see him he just has his helmet off, chillin on the sidelines, makin a few mil, havin' a Bud.
There's a positive in that...least he's not SMOKING some bud
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
There's a positive in that...least he's not SMOKING some bud
Speak for yourself. Look at what smoking bud has done for Ricky Williams. Oh wait, never mind.

All jokes aside, the next time we see Walters make a play for the Texans will be the first time.

doug
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #5
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12640 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

That is something I would like to see.

I thought the Texans were going to run some plays in which they would line up 3 recievers, plus the tight end, plus the running back.

I haven't been able to watch the games, but has that happened so far?
Old 09-20-2006   #6
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I thought he was supposed to be our #3 WR. He's been a no-show these first two games thus far. I hope he shows more as the season rolls along.
Not sure if carr has thrown his way at all. Carr has spread the ball around alot so far and once the O starts to click we will see why he was signed the guy..he has super glue for hands and run good routes.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #7
12Gage
Rookie

I have seen him make a couple catches, but just short gains. He hasn't got many looks.
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

He also fumbled against the Eagles, McKinney sprinted upfield and recovered it
Old 09-21-2006   #9
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

In the Colts game, he actually lined up at FB and ran some form of a hook route where he ended up with a catch for like 6-7 yards. I noticed it only because I saw a skinny guy lined up at FB and thought it might have been Joppru...nope, just Walters
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Stats on Walters:

Player No Yds Avg Long TD
Kevin Walter 2 12 6.0 8 0

Not real bad for a #3 in two games.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/HOU
Old 09-21-2006   #11
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Stats on Walters:

Player No Yds Avg Long TD
Kevin Walter 2 12 6.0 8 0

Not real bad for a #3 in two games.
are you joking? there are #5 WRs with better stats than that
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
are you joking? there are #5 WRs with better stats than that
Do you have those stats handy or are you just being sarcastic? As you can see I stated that they aren't "real bad". That doesn't mean good.
Old 09-21-2006   #13
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Do you have those stats handy or are you just being sarcastic? As you can see I stated that they aren't "real bad". That doesn't mean good.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396115

worse than i indicated- at #160 there are an AVERAGE of 5 better receivers than him on EACH team.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #14
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Its all relative, if Walters was getting alot of catches, we would be wondering why Moulds or AJ werent getting their looks. Thats the real key here, the TE and our two main guys are getting balls.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read