Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2006   #1
RDillon
Rookie

Default Old players are core players and hit hard too

I know the lack of NFL experience is holding the team up. This defence is going to have to pressure the passer and stump the run. Getting what I consider a core player and they may be old and can fill vacancys. We need a good center. We need a good full back. Awareness is the key to this game. Defence go to where the ball is. Offence Know where the ball is and protect it. Thats all i am sayin. Lets get some lunch bucket not lookin to be superstar players that just get the job done one play at a time.

Last edited by RDillon; 09-20-2006 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo
RDillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #2
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Not sure where you are coming from... but Flanagan is the veteran center I think you describe, and is a lunch bucket kinda guy.

Cook isn't that bad, and fits the role within the team.

Am I missing something?

I don't think bringing in a veteran is what is going to make all 11 players on one side of the ball start performing. They are only as good as a unit, not as an individual. The return of Kailee Wong will act as the veteran leadership on the defensive side of the ball. And Eric Moulds will start expressing himself in the next few weeks if the offense sputters.

Even more important is Kubiak, who has to level set the expectations and make sure this team knows that they can win. A win vs. Wash or Miami will 'break the seal' so to speak, in my opinion. They tasted victory in preseason and were rolling. They just ran into two buzz saws in Philly and Indy... we all knew this was the rough part. Let's get through the next few weeks and learn what we have.

Year 1 is the learning year. In year 2, we draft Bush, Michael Bush.

Last edited by kcwilson; 09-20-2006 at 04:06 PM.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDillon View Post
I know the lack of NFL experience is holding the team up. This defence is going to have to pressure the passer and stump the run. Getting what I consider a core player and they may be old and can fill vacancys. We need a good center. We need a good full back. Awareness is the key to this game. Defence go to where the ball is. Offence Know where the ball is and protect it. Thats all i am sayin. Lets get some lunch bucket not lookin to be superstar players that just get the job done one play at a time.
We got as many as we could this year in flanagan moulds and weaver..hopefully we will be able to add more in the offseason or via trade.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #4
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
Not sure where you are coming from... but Flanagan is the veteran center I think you describe, and is a lunch bucket kinda guy.

Cook isn't that bad, and fits the role within the team.

Am I missing something?

I don't think bringing in a veteran is what is going to make all 11 players on one side of the ball start performing. They are only as good as a unit, not as an individual. The return of Kailee Wong will act as the veteran leadership on the defensive side of the ball. And Eric Moulds will start expressing himself in the next few weeks if the offense sputters.

Even more important is Kubiak, who has to level set the expectations and make sure this team knows that they can win. A win vs. Wash or Miami will 'break the seal' so to speak, in my opinion. They tasted victory in preseason and were rolling. They just ran into two buzz saws in Philly and Indy... we all knew this was the rough part. Let's get through the next few weeks and learn what we have.

Year 1 is the learning year. In year 2, we draft Bush, Michael Bush.
Michael Bush? no oh no! He won't be coming out this year, especially with that broken leg. Garrett Wolfe or Adrian Peterson are the most likely candidates.
Old 09-20-2006   #5
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
We got as many as we could this year in flanagan moulds and weaver..hopefully we will be able to add more in the offseason or via trade.
Yeah, and don't forget we added Cowart too....before we knew Ryans was going to be a BEAST
Old 09-20-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat View Post
Michael Bush? no oh no! He won't be coming out this year, especially with that broken leg. Garrett Wolfe or Adrian Peterson are the most likely candidates.
Oh, he's coming out this year. I think he announced it already.

It's better to rebuild with players that can be groomed to play in the system.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read