Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-20-2006   #1
MoeS
Rookie

Default sports bar

Hey guys,
I am coming in town from Atlanta on Saturday, staying in downtown Houston.
I am going to the game on Sunday but looking for a good sports bar to catch college games on Saturday.
Any help would be appreciated. Looking for a place with nice “scenery” to go along with sports.
Thanks
MoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'm not a Houston rodent , so take what I post with a grain of salt. There's a Hooters on state Hwy 59 @ Kirby. Also on Kirby north of fifty nine there's several bars, use to be a Hard rock there and a diner with an Elvis slant. Lots of younger folks hang out there. Don't know about football watching. Couple of micro brews one in Rice Village south of 59 & Kirby. There's a Dave and Busters on Richmond. I don't know you're budget whether you have a rental car or what ? Oklahoma State Plays U of H that night. Cougars get a little rowdy. Don't know where the hard core guys hang out at though. SRO is pretty nice. Two locations on north on 1960 @ hwy 45. Might try city search ? The other SRO is on Westhiemer . Down Main there was a club during Super Bowl week along the Ghetto train's route. Don't know if it's still there or not. It was near the Museum Distict. First trip in Houston, I recomend you're Sunday post game meal @ Taste of Texas Steak House. Interstae 10 around Gessner. Smoeone might beable to steer you better than me. My wife keeps mine in a jar by the bedroom dresser. I don't get out very much. Looking for the exotic, I'm not your guy. There's a very nice Irish pub on Main Street. Also accross from tghat in the downtown ditrict I do recall a sports bar. On the Ghetto trains main route. You'll be about fifteen blocks from the Minute Maid park, there is a nice bar there. Might have to wade through the dried blood been some suicides recently. I'm an old fart. If I can walk it from downtown you shouldn't have any trouble. Still should be some cool left. Word of caution their Magaritas absolutly suck. Stick with the tap. GL.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 09-20-2006 at 03:15 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #3
MoeS
Rookie

thanks for the tips TTP.
Old 09-21-2006   #4
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

There's a Live Sports Cafe on Main Street in downtown. Also just outside of downtown there's a Buffalo Wild Wings, I think it is on Gray and Smith.
Old 09-21-2006   #5
MoeS
Rookie

Thanks
Old 09-21-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

SRO is at 18th street and the West 610 loop (about a mile north of I10).

At the Galleria there is Fox Sports Grill.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read