Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2006   #1
Pigskin Porkers
Rookie

Default So who is starting at RB, and who get the most touches?

Any insider info, or string thoughts on this topic?
Pigskin Porkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #2
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin Porkers View Post
Any insider info, or string thoughts on this topic?
Wali Lundy just got the Royal Volek treatment. That's where you get the majority of reps in the preseason, and relegated to #3 in an instant. Gado, Dayne and Lundy will get the most carries, in that order.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 09-20-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Lundy will start. Dayne will get the most touches. Gado will have the best YPC.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket View Post
Wali Lundy just got the Royal Volek treatment. That's where you get the majority of reps in the preseason, and relegated to #3 in an instant. Gado, Dayne and Lundy will get the most carries, in that order.

But that's just my opinion.
IMO. Lundy hasn't been running like he did in preseason. It appears he is not picking his feet up when he's breaking through the LOS. It seems he's down after the first touch from the knee down. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just appears he's not trying to break tackles.
Old 09-20-2006   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne and Gado will touch the all the most imo. Lundy isn't impressive at all.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Lundy isn't impressive at all.
I agree. Dayne and Gado are obviously the better backs...I think Lundy will get the start, but I don't see him getting the bulk of the carries...I think they like Gado, and will probably try to make him our feature back...He's young...strong...and explosive....Hopefully he can prove capable of shouldering the load and we can stop this talk of drafting a back in round 1...
Old 09-20-2006   #7
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I'll tell you like I told coach. Gado should start, and use Dayne when Gado needs a breather. Lundy should be getting water for anyone who needs it.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2006   #8
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Dayne and Gado will touch the all the most imo. Lundy isn't impressive at all.
I agree. I think Gato will start. He has the most explosiveness of all 3 as well as being the fastest of all 3
Old 09-20-2006   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
I agree. I think Gato will start. He has the most explosiveness of all 3 as well as being the fastest of all 3
If our running game can work with Gado. I like the idea of Gado pounding and exploding through the defense and Dayne coming in for the short, pound it out kind of stuff.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #10
texaslifter
Veteran

I'm just happy we're getting in some competition for Lundy. I agree Gado should get the start with Dayne as his sub, but who knows. Lundy could benefit greatly by being pushed for his job.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm making the call (and I'm not) then Dayne gets the start and Gado comes in and gets some carries. The guy who gets it done best starts the week after and I go with the man who produces the rest of the season.
Old 09-20-2006   #12
ojthecat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander View Post
I'll tell you like I told coach. Gado should start, and use Dayne when Gado needs a breather. Lundy should be getting water for anyone who needs it.
I have to disagree with you on this. When a player has just ran for big yards and makes it to the sidelines for a rest there is nothing worse than having the water fumbled on him before he gets a drink. For that reason I think that we should use Bucannon as the water boy and let Lundy take care of any power cords that need moving on the sidelines.
Old 09-20-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat View Post
I have to disagree with you on this. When a player has just ran for big yards and makes it to the sidelines for a rest there is nothing worse than having the water fumbled on him before he gets a drink. For that reason I think that we should use Bucannon as the water boy and let Lundy take care of any power cords that need moving on the sidelines.

Bump that...We need Buchannon on the field...
Old 09-20-2006   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Lundy might get some carries these next two weeks, but I think he might even be practice squaded after the bye week (when Gado and Dayne should be up-to-speed on the playbook).
Old 09-20-2006   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

How deflating must it be for Lundy to read the Kubiak quotes about "Lundy is going to be a star," or "Lundy has that hunger in his eyes" and to be tabbed "The Man" due to preseason performance...and then to very potentially being the third string back?

I'm not saying "Poor baby" because he's wealthy, he's not injured, and that's the way the cookie crumbles in show biz.

But you know that it must cross his mind from time to time. I can only hope he learns from the other two guys. This might be a good opportunity for him to grow into the position and learn, a chance to get some mentoring like Aj is getting from Moulds.

He's obviously not doing well (running into the pile and not seeing the holes) and it was fairly clear that Gado and Dayne have an edge on him right now.

My guess is that Kubiak still believes in Lundy (long term) but that he's letting Lundy sit and watch because he needs instant mashed potatoes if you know what I mean. We gotta' cook a meal like Rachel Ray right now.

Gado ; Dayne ; Lundy is my depth chart and who gets the carries. I think it might still be a 50-50 timeshare between Gado and Dayne for this weekend with us seeing that percentage rise for one guy or another over te next few weeks as it becomes clear who has found their groove the best.
Old 09-20-2006   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
Lundy might get some carries these next two weeks, but I think he might even be practice squaded after the bye week (when Gado and Dayne should be up-to-speed on the playbook).
Yeah, and is anybody talking about who we gotta' cut to make room for Mathis and Wong when they come off the PUP list?

How's that work?
Old 09-20-2006   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably Dayne & Gado mostly. I think Lundy has played himself to the 3rd string. I was never sold on him anyway.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Starting RB?

Samoroli Gundayne
Old 09-20-2006   #19
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If our running game can work with Gado. I like the idea of Gado pounding and exploding through the defense and Dayne coming in for the short, pound it out kind of stuff.
My point exactly. Then that bootleg that coach likes will be more effective
Old 09-20-2006   #20
SconnieGuy
Rookie

Dayne is the best bet. Gado was a nice pick-up and he had a nice run in garbage time, but he also had a little fumblitis problem with the Pack.

Give Dayne the ball 25 times a game and I guarantee he will bust off some big runs.
SconnieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read