Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2006   #1
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Default Can we call Bruce Smith?

I don't know if its happened already, but has Bruce Smith and Mario Williams ever met. I know Andre Johnson met Jerry Rice (and I thought that he was his role model?) But, I thought I read that Mario considered himself more of a running back type person and looked up to Barry Sanders and the like.

IMO, if these to could meet (again?), exchange some ideas and experiences, it could only benefit Mario. Imagine what these two could say to each other. I could help pay for the plane ticket, if they meet at my house over BBQ (that would be alot of BBQ)

I'm not saying that Mario Williams need some extra assistance (I believe he will excel), but in any professional endevour, if there is someone that started in your position, and was extremly proficient for many years, it might be worth some of your time.
Texans Front Row Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #2
cowboy62
Rookie

i think it would help him,look at dallas they had banks,LT help out the linebakers the past few years.
cowboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Wouldnt hurt to talk to any of those guys..LONG, SMITH...as well as some the guys that play his position now.. J Taylor or even J Peppers.. I think the 2 main things that will help mario more than anything is patience and coaching. When those 2 take effect it is gonna be a joy to see.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

U thought I read in preseason that B. Smith was interested in mentoring Mario. My memory isn't the greatest, so i could be wrong.
I don't know if they ever met, but I think smith may have called Mario after the draft.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
U thought I read in preseason that B. Smith was interested in mentoring Mario. My memory isn't the greatest, so i could be wrong.
I don't know if they ever met, but I think smith may have called Mario after the draft.
It was Smith and Deacon Jones .
Old 09-20-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

So a sure-fire Hall of Famer and a possible Hall of Famer...get em on the phone!!!!
Old 09-20-2006   #7
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
So a sure-fire Hall of Famer and a possible Hall of Famer...get em on the phone!!!!

Deacon Jones is the best DE to ever play the game, and is already in the Hall. I don't know exactly how he could help Mario however. Its almost a completely different game now then it was when he played. I would be interested in hearing Bruce Smith's opinions on Mario.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander View Post
Deacon Jones is the best DE to ever play the game, and is already in the Hall. I don't know exactly how he could help Mario however. Its almost a completely different game now then it was when he played. I would be interested in hearing Bruce Smith's opinions on Mario.
Showing my age there (or lack there of), but yeah, someone get Bruce on the phone.
Old 09-20-2006   #9
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read