Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Whats wrong with Orr?

Last year this guy was in the backfield all the time. He was stuffing the run, accumulating sacks, etc.

This year, he has been absent. Did he even play in the game against Indy? I checked his stats, and he has totaled 1 tackle in two games. He's still listed as #1 on the depth chart.
Old 09-20-2006   #2
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Last year this guy was in the backfield all the time. He was stuffing the run, accumulating sacks, etc.

This year, he has been absent. Did he even play in the game against Indy? I checked his stats, and he has totaled 1 tackle in two games. He's still listed as #1 on the depth chart.
They played Nickel and Dime against Indy...Greenwood and Ryans were the two LB's...
Old 09-20-2006   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

I mentioned this earlier and I got blasted. I feel that he may be more suited for the 3-4. There he can play the outside, and play closer to the line of scrimmage. There he can take advantage of his high energy by attack the QB and making plays in the backfield.

I still think he can be an important person on our team. Special Blitz packages and Special Teams seem to suit his skills for our team.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
They played Nickel and Dime against Indy...Greenwood and Ryans were the two LB's...
And there my friends is the problem.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I mentioned this earlier and I got blasted. I feel that he may be more suited for the 3-4. There he can play the outside, and play closer to the line of scrimmage. There he can take advantage of his high energy by attack the QB and making plays in the backfield.

I still think he can be an important person on our team. Special Blitz packages and Special Teams seem to suit his skills for our team.
I am not sure why you get blasted for that take on Orr when it is correct. Orr has really worked hard to find a place in the NFL doing and learning whatever he has been asked, but as a complete NFL LB he is marginal. His best place was as OLB in the 3-4.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I am not sure why you get blasted for that take on Orr when it is correct. Orr has really worked hard to find a place in the NFL doing and learning whatever he has been asked, but as a complete NFL LB he is marginal. His best place was as OLB in the 3-4.
Maybe blasted is too strong of a word, but in a different thread, I brought the same point about Orr, and had several posters question me on my statement.
Old 09-20-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
correct. Orr isn't playing the same position as a 3-4 tweener. He isn't a 4-3 starter quality linebacker.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2006   #8
real

Quote:
Maybe blasted is too strong of a word, but in a different thread, I brought the same point about Orr, and had several posters question me on my statement.
Maybe because he's really only played 1 game ....
Old 09-20-2006   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Maybe because he's really only played 1 game ....
Fine, he played only one game. So that makes it ok for your starting Strongside Linebacker to make ONE tackle. And if that is the case no wonder our defense stinks, and I wouldn't expect it to get any better if ONE tackle a game for LB's is the standard.
Old 09-20-2006   #10
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:

That did a lot of good.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Fine, he played only one game. So that makes it ok for your starting Strongside Linebacker to make ONE tackle. And if that is the case no wonder our defense stinks, and I wouldn't expect it to get any better if ONE tackle a game for LB's is the standard.
He had one tackle last game...on special teams...3 total on the season...Check your stats again buddy...
http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/...&start_row=151

Basically I am not going to write a guy off after one game...I know he isn't the best option and I think next year him or Greenwood/ or both/ will be replaced....I think he can do some positve things for us though on special teams and on select defensive opprotunities...
Old 09-20-2006   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
He had one tackle last game...on special teams...3 total on the season...Check your stats again buddy...
http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/...&start_row=151

Basically I am not going to write a guy off after one game...I know he isn't the best option and I think next year him or Greenwood/ or both/ will be replaced....I think he can do some positve things for us though on special teams and on select defensive opprotunities...
So basically you agree with me. My originial post on the subject was on who to draft.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...3&postcount=11

I thought his position is an area we need to improve (which you agree). I never said we had somebody that could do better or replace him with. Never said I didn't like him or counted him out. Just an area I thought we could upgrade.

As for stats, so NFL has him at three, espn has him at one. Either way, both just show that his position is an area of concern.
Old 09-20-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Any update on Wong and how he is doing?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #14
real

Quote:
So basically you agree with me. My originial post on the subject was on who to draft.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...3&postcount=11

I thought his position is an area we need to improve (which you agree). I never said we had somebody that could do better or replace him with. Never said I didn't like him or counted him out. Just an area I thought we could upgrade.

As for stats, so NFL has him at three, espn has him at one. Either way, both just show that his position is an area of concern.
Well Im not agreeing if you are saying that this is the most pressing need....But of course it can be upgraded...We have a lot that can be upgraded....
Old 09-20-2006   #15
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Well Im not agreeing if you are saying that this is the most pressing need....But of course it can be upgraded...We have a lot that can be upgraded....
Agreed, a lot to be upgraded. I think our most pressing need is at Safety (especially Free), but that had already been mentioned in the thread. I was just stating another.

Last edited by V Man; 09-20-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-20-2006   #16
real

Quote:
Agreed, a lot to be upgraded. I think our most pressing need is at Safety (especially Free), but that had already been mentioned in that thread. I was just stating another.
Well then yeah...I agree....If he doesn't step his game up I think we should either draft a true MLB and move Meco to WLB...or just draft a SLB....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read