Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2006   #1
shansmacker
Rookie

Default Ray of hope

It's been 2 days and I still cant get the thought out of my head that in the loss to Indy we looked like we actualy turned a corner for the better.Our second half play looked......well........good.We looked poised, albeit against 2's but we have to start somewhere.At some point and time a team has to find themselves,has to click so to speak and I cant help but think we saw a sign of better things.Hopefully this sunday.
shansmacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #2
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The big question is can the line, and backs, and DC handle the blitzes because they will blitz. The smaller question is will we run up the middle successfully to counteract the blitz, if you know the Redskins you too will find this to be correct.
Old 09-19-2006   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

they looked good in the 4th quater because the colts quit playing.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

well.. alot of people dont remember that last year we never played to our potential, we played at the same level or worse than the team playing us. We could play the colts in a close game one week, and have a nailbiter against the 49ers the next.

you can at least be happy that we accelerated our play in the second half, rather than playing just good enough to keep even with them.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #5
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think after the first drive they began to compose themselves. I mean the third drive was for 31 yds. before the fumble by Lundy and the one afterwards was 47 and a field goal. In the third quarter we barely had the ball so it wasn't until the fourth that we got our chance. I think it was just a few costly mistakes that cost us the game. We just couldn't recover at their place, but I'm sure this weekend we will look alot better and we got a shot to win the game. I'm staying positive I think our defense is coming around and our offense is right there. GO TEXANS!!!
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #6
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default not buying

I am not buying Indi quit in the 4th or it was just their reserves, something finally clicked in David Carr and the proof will be shown Sunday! Throwin Dayne and Gado becoming even more familiar with the Texans playbook and it is on!!!!!

The secondary is crying for PBuch and Petey, but this is the break from probowl QBs, bring on Brunell!
Old 09-23-2006   #7
HOOK'EM
Veteran

I agree, if Indy really had in all the back ups why was Manning still in the game?
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read