Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2006   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Washington=Houston

If ya'll check out thier MB you'll see the threads are quite similar to ours. QB controversy, Clinton Portis, Coaching, etc. They're really beating Brunell down. You'll also notice several looking past the Texans saying they'll be 1-2 going into the Jags game next week. Anyways, just thought ya'll might want to take a gander at thier MB.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=24
Old 09-19-2006   #2
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Look at what is on their message board:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/s...&page=13&pp=15
Old 09-19-2006   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Skins have a blitzing defense that will take advantage of a beat up o line. Our defense has been awful...historically awful. I hate to say it but I think we get smoked. Washington = Houston = ridiculous.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #4
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Look at what somebody did with the Texans Logo:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/s...&page=14&pp=15

Man I really hope we win this game....
Old 09-19-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo
Look at what somebody did with the Texans Logo:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/s...&page=14&pp=15

Man I really hope we win this game....
I don't know why but thats kinda cool...
Old 09-19-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Can someone put it up for those of us at work?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I don't know why but thats kinda cool...
Yeah, that was very creative. Got to give them kudos for that.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2006   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I like that logo.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #9
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I think its kind of creative, and its actually a lot less childish then things we will get from the Jags fans.
Old 09-19-2006   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

The Redskins have a better offensive line and a better defense than we have. They have a speedster in Santana Moss who reminds me of Donte Stallworth and we all know what he did to us. But I'm still hoping we can pull of the upset. I'm still waiting on the running game. If we can't run we won't win.
Old 09-19-2006   #11
cred
Rookie

I truely think that we should win this game, especially if Portis is still with injury. He may play but I don't think he will be at 100%. I also think that there Offense is as bad as our D. In fact Brunell has not even come close to throwing a TD yet.

I heard somewhere that the best thing for a bad offense is a worse defense. How about that be switched around and say that there very poor offense makes out defense look like studs.

What do all of you think?
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Washington is looking pretty bad also. Bringing in Brandon Lloyd and Antwan Randle El hasn't really payed off. Same with Al Saunders (offensive coordinator). As long as Mark Brunell is QB we have a chance. David Carr > Mark Brunell. Mario gets his first sack this game.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #13
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
The Redskins have a better offensive line and a better defense than we have. They have a speedster in Santana Moss who reminds me of Donte Stallworth and we all know what he did to us. But I'm still hoping we can pull of the upset. I'm still waiting on the running game. If we can't run we won't win.
Moss and Portis will be the key players for Wash. Dallas was able to preasure Brunell because Portis was not in the game. This took Moss out of the game because Brunell had no time. Vik's did have to contend with both and almost lost thier first game. By the way Portis has Wash. only touchdown this year (including all preseason games and reg. season.) Fans here are already calling for J. Cambell to start at QB, Brunell looks lost in the new Off. and he has lost a step from last year both games he just plain looked BAD. Player to watch out for is Randell El on punt returns he looks realy good if our S/T dont show up look out. Wash. only other TD was on a kickoff return by Roc Alexander Dallas just blu coverage but the kid does have some speed.

The Def. player to fear on Wash. is by far J Taylor at safety kid will light up anyone coming across the middle of the field. He can flat out playball and has a nose for where it's going to be. That being said I give the advantage to us Moulds and AJ and our TE should be able to keep him in check if DC gets time to through the ball. Running game HAS to show up this week because that was how Dallas kept Wash. for sinding the house. If we can balance the run and pass we can score on this Def. I have no dought.

From the read I get on Sun's on the Texans MB we have some form of Off. and very little Def. From what I've watched of the redskins thay have NO Off. and a good (not great) Def. Portis is exp. to start this week so rushing adv. may have to swing to Wash. But I give the Passing game to Hou. Def to Wash. because ours has not showed up Yet. Field position and S/T could be the deciding factors in this game. I think it will be a good game and a better gauge of where Hou. is as a NFL team rather than looking at the colts/philly #'s.

To all stat. geeks I dont have any. This post is on my personel opservations from what I've read on the MB and getting to see the Skins games on TV. That said Houston 27 Wash. 9 WE GET OUR FIRST WIN.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #14
K.D.
Veteran

That logo is pretty sweet!! But anyway the only way we win this game is running the ball, plain and simple. We run the ball effective, this will open the playbook and actually give us a glimpse of what this offense can do. I'm praying that Gado is starting this week instead of Lundy. We need that hard-running attack, not what do I do now attack.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #15
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Update: Just said on ESPN that Portis will play in Houston. It will make things tougher on us, but I still think we can get it done.
Old 09-19-2006   #16
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will ''skin'' the 'skins!! hahahahahahaha!!

corny joke for the day completed.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #17
PoolMaster21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Washington is looking pretty bad also. Bringing in Brandon Lloyd and Antwan Randle El hasn't really payed off. Same with Al Saunders (offensive coordinator). As long as Mark Brunell is QB we have a chance. David Carr > Mark Brunell. Mario gets his first sack this game.
Rome was on this topic today - he said that the Al Saunders playbook was 700 pages - either it is in a REALLY BIG FONT or it's too complicated
PoolMaster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #18
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

24-10 Houston, with a late TD to wrap it up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read