Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default A letter to Spencer from the Houston Fans

Please pass on to him if you know him.

Mr. Spencer,

All of the fans in Houston were devastated to see you hurt on the play verses the Colts. In the last two games, you have gone up against some of the NFL best and done a very good job. I would like to thank you for your effort and we hope you recover quickly. We, as fans, love what you have shown us and are excited to have you on our team, for the future. Get well soon and we will pray for ya!

Clayton aka 'Dime' on the message board for Houston.
Old 09-19-2006   #2
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Speedy recovery Spence!!!!!
Old 09-19-2006   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I am soooo disheartened after the loss of Spence. This is maybe THE worst loss of a player we could have had at this point... and its extremely severe meaning we arent even sure about his future.

What a shame.... I could have handled the losses MUCH easier without this one. We are back to last years O line basically right now. When is this cloud going to lift from over us???

To Spence: GET WELL SOON!!!! We already miss you!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #4
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Bro we prayed for you at Bible study last night, keep your head up and we prayed for a speedy recovery and for there to be NO complications.

Things happen for a reason, you cant explain them, keep your head up, your a BEAST and handled Dwight Freeney pretty handley on Sunday.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #5
tburdette
Rookie

Does anyone know the address where we could actaully mail Charles Spencer some letters? I am sure he would love to know how much we are going to miss him.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

i'me sure you could address them to the texans and they could get it to him. this really is a bummer, what did we do to piss off the football Gods?
Old 09-19-2006   #7
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Save it up for next year Big Nasty!

Go Texans!
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2006   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in Indy Spence and saw the pain on your face. Nothing else seemed to matter after that. You played your heart out, and this is one TEXAN fan who will not forget that. YOU WILL BE BACK, and we will be here supporting you!!

Best of luck for a speedy recovery!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #9
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Please pass on to him if you know him.

Mr. Spencer,

All of the fans in Houston were devastated to see you hurt on the play verses the Colts. In the last two games, you have gone up against some of the NFL best and done a very good job. I would like to thank you for your effort and we hope you recover quickly. We, as fans, love what you have shown us and are excited to have you on our team, for the future. Get well soon and we will pray for ya!

Clayton aka 'Dime' on the message board for Houston.
The Texans screwed the pooch putting him out there on that fast track against Mathis and Freeney. They own that track in Indy. It's such a damn shame we are so thin we had to do that to him. Makes me sick. He was one of our two FOB's (First off bus big ole dudes). Him and Mario.

BTW, has anyone seen if Mario can spin? I am yet to see it. Is he a guy who's expecting to bowl over these 300 lb men like he did those kids in college? He better learn some technique.
Old 09-19-2006   #10
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
i'me sure you could address them to the texans and they could get it to him. this really is a bummer, what did we do to piss off the football Gods?
Curse of the Bushbino.
Old 09-19-2006   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what you should do.

Send him a snail mail addressed to:

Charles Spencer
The Houston Texans
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054

I sent a bunch of postcards to the players during training camp. (I wrote a blog post about sending postcards to the players). When I spoke to Eric Winston at the Texans Luncheon, he said he remembered getting it and that a number of other rookies asked if they got them too.

They get mail at Reliant. (The mailboxes are on one side of the players lounge). And they appreciate it. I am sure that Charles would appreciate any positive thoughtful stuff he could get.
Old 09-19-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99
The Texans screwed the pooch putting him out there on that fast track against Mathis and Freeney. They own that track in Indy. It's such a damn shame we are so thin we had to do that to him. Makes me sick. He was one of our two FOB's (First off bus big ole dudes). Him and Mario.

BTW, has anyone seen if Mario can spin? I am yet to see it. Is he a guy who's expecting to bowl over these 300 lb men like he did those kids in college? He better learn some technique.
You keep asking that. I have seen it at TC, and I saw it once during the game. Can't tell you what quarter, because I was zooming through with my TiVO and it is easy to lose track. You could barely see it in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, IIRC.

The scariest thing is looking at the safeties during the second Indy TD. It was like watching a bad blooper reel with them running into each other.
Old 09-19-2006   #13
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I'm soo depressed at losing Spencer its unreal...I Keep thinking its a dream...We really needed him...Hope he can Heal quick and bounce back 10 times stronger....We needdddd you big guy!!!!!!!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

After Kubiak said his injury was very very severe ... my first hope is he does'nt have a permanent limp or pain . Then I hope he can come back better than ever .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope you can come back, get well soon.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #16
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Mr. Spencer best wishes on a speedy recovery. Keep your head up and hang in, your the future of the team any we as fans know it and your in our prayers. Best of luck in your recovery. get well soon.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99
fast track or slow track..wouldn't have mattered ..injury is injury

get well Spencer!!!!!!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #18
K.D.
Veteran

This just flat-out SUCKS!! Spencer, my prayers are with you and your recovery, take all the time you need because we know whenever you come back, you are going to show us as fans what we been missing, BIGG NASTY!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Charles, we're all thinking of you and pulling for you. Good luck with your
recovery !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #20
Sco-tai
Veteran

Charles,

We can't wait until you're FULLY RECOVERED and appreciate your hard-work that you put in ever since we drafted you.

Looking forward to 2007 and many more seasons with you protecting our QB!

You were a STEAL in the 3rd round and love what you showed us up to this point.

Here's to a speedy recovery, BIG NASTY!!!

:bananasplit:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read