Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2006   #1
NJ Texan
Rookie

Default David Carr is 2nd.

Quote:
1. Rex Grossman, CHI 128.7
2. David Carr, HOU 123.7
3. Philip Rivers, SD 107.4
4. Chad Pennington, NYJ 107.1
5. Donovan McNabb, PHI 105.4
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics

And Demeco Ryans is 4th in tackles. I'd consider this a positive sign.

Last edited by NJ Texan; 09-19-2006 at 08:42 AM.
NJ Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #2
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

David will only get better when the O line can start controling the line of scrimage....Demeco is a animal, Pro-bowler in the making.............
Old 09-19-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post. When I watched the game on Sunday, I just wanted to see an improvement from the week before.

QB is probably the best place to start.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #4
Frills
Veteran

Its good to see someone other than a DB leading the team in tackles
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
David will only get better when the O line can start controling the line of scrimage....Demeco is a animal, Pro-bowler in the making.............
I bet the NYG fans are happy Eli isn't waiting around for his OL to start controlling the line of scrimage.......
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's doing a lot better, but his numbers are a little inflated from throwing shorter passes. He did also have the snap fumble. I find it really irritating that people think our losses are his fault, but he's no Pro Bowler yet. Let's keep things in perspective. He could start on a lot more teams than a lot of people think, but he's still not at all a top 5 QB. He's not our problem, nor is he the only answer we need. He's one player.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #7
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I bet the NYG fans are happy Eli isn't waiting around for his OL to start controlling the line of scrimage.......

Very True thunderkyss..........very true......
Old 09-19-2006   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, Ryans is a stud for a rookie and I hope he keeps building off of that in the future. He has an uncanny ability to sniff out the ball and make plays. As for Carr, everyone keeps saying the teams goes as Carr goes, so I think the team should start not making serious mistakes that cost the us the game and put us in compromising situations.... Just kidding, I think they all can get better and build off of the last two weeks.
Old 09-19-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet NYG fans are happy their defense contributes to their team. And duh--the Giants OL is already controlling things to the tune of 136 yards per game at a 5 ypa clip. Wow, talk about being off target.
Old 09-19-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I bet NYG fans are happy their defense contributes to their team. And duh--the Giants OL is already controlling things to the tune of 136 yards per game at a 5 ypa clip. Wow, talk about being off target.
Wow, they gave up 9 sacks, 7 in regulation..... we only gave up 5.... wow, talk about missing the boat........
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #11
Chawky1
Veteran

I really had thought your offense would be impressive this year with a healthy DD and the addition of Moulds, but we see how that went (in terms of DD). At this stage of his career, I think Moulds is still a #1 WR, who just happened to have terrible Qb's throwing to him the last few years in a system bent on running the ball and controlling the clock. Yes, I realize you have traditionally been a run oriented team, but with AJ taking on the #1 Wr role, Moulds can really flourish without facing the oppositions top corner. You have Carr throwing to two #1's. I'd look for Carr to continue doing well, assuming the line can keep him on his feet. One can't help to wonder though how having DD and his pass catching from out of the backfield, how that could have taken your offense the next step forward and really put Carr's numbers through the roof. Hopefully if DC continues to do well statistically, that somewhere down the road it can translate into wins. AJ stretching the D with Moulds working underneath and intermediate has loads of potential.
Chawky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #12
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawky1
I really had thought your offense would be impressive this year with a healthy DD and the addition of Moulds, but we see how that went (in terms of DD). At this stage of his career, I think Moulds is still a #1 WR, who just happened to have terrible Qb's throwing to him the last few years in a system bent on running the ball and controlling the clock. Yes, I realize you have traditionally been a run oriented team, but with AJ taking on the #1 Wr role, Moulds can really flourish without facing the oppositions top corner. You have Carr throwing to two #1's. I'd look for Carr to continue doing well, assuming the line can keep him on his feet. One can't help to wonder though how having DD and his pass catching from out of the backfield, how that could have taken your offense the next step forward and really put Carr's numbers through the roof. Hopefully if DC continues to do well statistically, that somewhere down the road it can translate into wins. AJ stretching the D with Moulds working underneath and intermediate has loads of potential.

Thanks for your input CHAWKY. I would have liked to see us this year with a healthy DD as well, but things like this always seem to happen and it's how you handle the adversity that shows the character of your team. I have to say that Kubes & Co. have been active in finding a suitable replacement on short notice. No one would have thought that he wouldn't be able to play this year, it's a crying shame. As far as AJ & Moulds, I think that they have the ability to be an elite tandem in this league as long as Carr can get the ball to them and has time in the pocket.
Old 09-19-2006   #13
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Giants O-Line also shut out the Colts. So who knows....
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #14
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Wow, they gave up 9 sacks, 7 in regulation..... we only gave up 5.... wow, talk about missing the boat........
and that's because carr has had 4 years of learning how to scramble, and carr has learned to accept that the o-line will never block consistently for him...as to where eli will just stand there and try and make a throw, which is the other reason eli will have more int's than carr at the end of the season...imho. besides, they were playing the eagles. they blitz on every day that ends in "y". eli isn't that mobile.
Old 09-19-2006   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Keep in mind that half his stats were earned against the Colts second stringers.
Old 09-19-2006   #16
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
Keep in mind that half his stats were earned against the Colts second stringers.

Yeah, I've heard that as well. I also remember hearing at the beginning of the game that we only had one starter out there as well. Maybe they meant a returning starter from last year, but I do remember hearing the announcer say something along those lines. (not that it makes it any easier to swallow)
Old 09-19-2006   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
He's doing a lot better, but his numbers are a little inflated from throwing shorter passes. He did also have the snap fumble. I find it really irritating that people think our losses are his fault, but he's no Pro Bowler yet. Let's keep things in perspective. He could start on a lot more teams than a lot of people think, but he's still not at all a top 5 QB. He's not our problem, nor is he the only answer we need. He's one player.
Nice balanced post on David Carr.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
Its good to see someone other than a DB leading the team in tackles
Ain't that the truth.
Old 09-19-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for Carr. Hopefully this goodness will help the team along the way. We need players that make other players better.
Old 09-19-2006   #20
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

In the first two games of last year,

David Carr

@ Buffalo, Passing: 0 TD, 3 INT, QB rating 12.1 with 5 sacks
Pittsburg, Passing: 1 TD, 0 INT, QB rating 92.9 with 8 sacks

The next two games that year, David Carr was sack 14 times. If the sack count continues to drop and the passer rating hold, we will see some good thing from him. I think he is much better this year.
Texans Front Row Crew is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read