Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-19-2006   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Pac-10 suspends officials for one game

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5979210?FSO1&ATT=HMA

I smell something brewing in OK and it isn't coffee....
Old 09-19-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Well as a ND fan when I say Oklahoma got jobbed you can believe it because I have no ties to either team. Those refs need more then a suspension. Someone needs to make sure they were not paid off. Yes, I may be over reacting. Still, if that had been my team getting the short end of the stick I would be ranting about it for awhile. =)
Old 09-19-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am happy that Oklahoma lost but the calls were BS. I am happy they were able to do something about it.
Old 09-19-2006   #4
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Officials get a lot of slack because half of the players and coaches are happy about the call and half are pissed. If I did that bad on my job then I would be fired, which I think should happen more often.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "We was robbed"

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557921.html

Quote:
The larger and much more important debate about the onside kick, though, is a debate that's worth having in football circles: where is the point when bad officiating (and bad replay evaluating) becomes something more than mere "bad luck," and winds up tainting the outcome of a game in a manner akin to a gambling fix or a stolen election? The point of this question is not to promote conspiracy theories; any suggestions that referees or conference commissioners are somehow "on the take" is irresponsible, grossly unfair, and mean-spirited. The point of the above question is to draw an important distinction between losses that are due to bad luck, and losses in which a team is truly robbed. Since pass interference is a judgment call, one can say that LSU received "bad luck" against Auburn, but that the outcome wasn't "tainted." However, it sure seems that Oklahoma didn't just get a bad break; the Sooners fell under the category of teams that got robbed in broad daylight. This opens up a larger discussion about officiating and luck in college football.
Espn is reporting (10pm sports center) that the replay official is getting death threats and is up set beyond all condolences. He is also the one that recieved the lightest punishment. My knee jerk is that to nullify any inference of any impropriaty,at all, et. el. ...they were bought, the feild officials should be suspended for the year. The replay official who seems to be a really good guy...should never be allowed to work another NCAA game again. Ever. Yes Dorthy it was that egregious. They may have not been bought. But barring auditing them, we'll never really know. To miss that many calls over such a short period of time, they're either bought or grossly incompitent. Both are damming for the pac ten.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #6
texaslifter
Veteran

Its a shame. Oklahoma straight up got the game stolen from them. I agree the ref's weren't punished hard enough, and I also think there should be an investigation as to whether or not the officials were doing something innappropriate.

I really wanted OU to stay in the top 10 for two reasons. 1) It helps Texas' strength of schedule. And 2) I love nothing more than demoralizing them when during the Red River Shootout. I want those Okies to know what its like to spend all 4 years in college and never beat Texas, like some of my friends had to endure here.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #7
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

I couldn't believe what I saw, that was terrible.. I can't believe they didn't overturn the call. It's sad to see that Oklahoma gets a loss for that. I think they refs should have gotten more than 1 game though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read