Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak's Monday Presser

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

In case you have not read this. Some very heartbreaking news about Spencer, and he was well on his way to developing into a badass. At this point I just hope he can fully recover and make it back at all. Good luck on a speedy recovery Charles.

IMO we shoud start Hodgen at Center and Mckinney can go back to guard. Kubiak is undecided about this according to the article. Chester Pitts will be staying at Guard. He expects Salaam to step up and handle the duties at LT, I guess Seth Wand will be the back up?

He is also committed to turning this thing around, and I think we can all agree that it is not going to happen overnight. We have to keep some patience and continue to support our Texans and hope that we never have to watch anything as painful as yesterday's game ever again.

Also, as I have stated in some of my latest post, we are struggling as an entire unit, not just one position. Kubiak will continue to put the best team on the field that has the best chance of winning.

Oh, and there is something in there about us fans, he is working hard for our support and knows there is an uphill battle...and you know what, he acknowledges that and goes back to work to change it. That says a lot to me and he needs time to instill that in his players.

Thank you Kubiak, keep plugging away for all of us. Go Texans!

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 09-18-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=ToanWhat we all been waiting for, Winston finally getting a chance.[/quote]

I wonder how many ant-acids Carr is downing with a rookie LT starting that wasn't good enough to start over the other rookie and a pretty old/slow vet at RT. I like Winston, but based on what we have been hearing, this a year early.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I wonder how many ant-acids Carr is downing with a rookie LT starting that wasn't good enough to start over the other rookie and a pretty old/slow vet at RT. I like Winston, but based on what we have been hearing, this a year early.

I think Salaam is going to get a heavy dose at LT, maybe Winston will play and/or back-up 2 positions. At least that was my take on the article, at least while he gets going.
Old 09-18-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

its a shame that vegas doesnt put odds on what posts will be posted on this message board.

Id put 500 bucks on "Winston Sucks" +10 and "Fire Kubiak, Carr sucks, quit making excuses about the Oline" +20 for next week.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak uses the word "very" severe 4 times to describe Spencer

Listen to this. It breaks my heart...

"(Kubiak on whether T Charles Spencer had surgery) “Yeah, he did. He had a fracture of the tibia, a severe fracture. The surgery went well. I don’t think they’ll know probably a whole lot about his recovery for another couple months. They’ll probably go in and do more scope and stuff. It’s a very, very severe injury. We just hope things work out well. We probably can’t give you a lot of answers from a recovery standpoint. It’ll probably be a couple months before we can give you guys that answer, but it was a very, very severe fracture, so we’ll see.”
Old 09-18-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

That press conference reaffirmed my trust in Kubes. Wow that was awesome. I love hearing him talk. Go TEXANS!
Old 09-18-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“Our whole game plan, going into the game, was trying to avoid the pressure and the sacks.
That was the plan going into Indy. What are you kidding me? Run the freaking football coach and work from there.

You know what I am saying?
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2006   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Listen to this. It breaks my heart...

"(Kubiak on whether T Charles Spencer had surgery) “Yeah, he did. He had a fracture of the tibia, a severe fracture. The surgery went well. I don’t think they’ll know probably a whole lot about his recovery for another couple months. They’ll probably go in and do more scope and stuff. It’s a very, very severe injury. We just hope things work out well. We probably can’t give you a lot of answers from a recovery standpoint. It’ll probably be a couple months before we can give you guys that answer, but it was a very, very severe fracture, so we’ll see.”

Umm, if it was a severe fracture, can someone explain to me why they had the guy walking off the field and not on a cart? I would think that a professional trainer would be able to identify a displaced fracture of the tibia in a giant's leg!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #9
NATHANHALE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
its a shame that vegas doesnt put odds on what posts will be posted on this message board.

Id put 500 bucks on "Winston Sucks" +10 and "Fire Kubiak, Carr sucks, quit making excuses about the Oline" +20 for next week.
I'll bet big $$ on hearing the word 'time' in almost every post.
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read