Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-18-2006   #1
thefuture17
Rookie

Default Brady Quinn

Does anyone still think he has a chance to win heisman and do you think hell still be the # 1 player taken in the draft?
Old 09-18-2006   #2
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Well I think with Troy Smith playing an easier schedule then Quinn, he was never going to win the heisman because Smith would have the better stats. After that game I don't think theres even a slight chance he wins it now. As for him being the number one pick, it just depends on what the team with the first pick needs. I think he will be the first QB taken. But I think he will at least be the number 2 pick in the draft. Either him or Adrian Peterson will go first.
Old 09-18-2006   #3
Heywood
Veteran

the nonsense about SOS is ridiculous- BQ has never played well against top-flight NFL-caliber athletes. michigan has those, in abundance. yours BQ, for size.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I say he just lost it. Troy Smith is the only QB that comes to mind that seems likely to get the Heisman. I like Adrian Peterson for the award though. He IS OU.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #5
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood
the nonsense about SOS is ridiculous- BQ has never played well against top-flight NFL-caliber athletes. michigan has those, in abundance. yours BQ, for size.
Are you kidding me? Yeah, last year his worst game was against Michigan. That was probably his only bad game. Look at the teams he played against. USCs Defense didnt have NFL caliber players? Give me a break. His O line didnt protect him last game and thats the exact same reason everyone thinks that David Carr sucks.
Old 09-18-2006   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I say he just lost it. Troy Smith is the only QB that comes to mind that seems likely to get the Heisman. I like Adrian Peterson for the award though. He IS OU.
Quinn would not have won the Heisman anyways, but won't for sure now. I also dislike ND and their hype. Troy Smith won't win either, he will split his votes with teammate Ginn Jr.

Peterson will win it with some competition from Slayton.

On a side note, I like JaMarcus Russle as a draft and sit a year or two QB. He is out of LSU at 6'6, 250lbs. He has the speed of Vince, but is MUCH more developed as a QB and passer. He doesn't quite have Vince's vision when running, but has close to the same ability in that regard while embaressing Young with his arm. Russle has one of the best arms in all of football. Period. He can make every throw with touch and zip. He is the QB I want to draft.
Old 09-19-2006   #7
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Quinn would not have won the Heisman anyways, but won't for sure now. I also dislike ND and their hype. Troy Smith won't win either, he will split his votes with teammate Ginn Jr.

Peterson will win it with some competition from Slayton.

On a side note, I like JaMarcus Russle as a draft and sit a year or two QB. He is out of LSU at 6'6, 250lbs. He has the speed of Vince, but is MUCH more developed as a QB and passer. He doesn't quite have Vince's vision when running, but has close to the same ability in that regard while embaressing Young with his arm. Russle has one of the best arms in all of football. Period. He can make every throw with touch and zip. He is the QB I want to draft.
I love Jamarcus but he isn't even close to vince when it comes to running ability. In fact, in the three years i've watched him play the longest gain he has running maybe 15 yards. However, he has made great strides in his QB play since last year and has really impressed me. He is making better decisions with the ball which was the one thing missing. He might be the most gifted QB in the nation and finally starting to show it, if only Jimbo would let him air it out some more.
Old 09-19-2006   #8
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

He can still win it, but its not very likely. Almost every year the favorite at the front is not the one that wins it in the end.
Old 09-23-2006   #9
Snapple
Veteran

After seeing Quinn against Michigan and now Michigan State, please, PLEASE let's not take him.

I don't care if he puts up the best combine numbers in history. You don't want a QB who pisses his pants at the first signs of a competant defense.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
After seeing Quinn against Michigan and now Michigan State, please, PLEASE let's not take him.

I don't care if he puts up the best combine numbers in history. You don't want a QB who pisses his pants at the first signs of a competant defense.
He just shut you up. Nice throw.

Edit: Rescinded...

Last edited by mexican_texan; 09-23-2006 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Quinn Brady is....no Tom Brady
Old 09-23-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

lol wanna rescind that?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #12
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
He just shut you up. Nice throw.
lol No he didn't. Nice easy defensive TD right there.
Old 09-23-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Oh my...anyone still thinks he should be first overall? I found the OK State v. UH game. Michigan State already won.
Old 09-23-2006   #14
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont think he goes #1, i think adrian peterson will get the big check in april
i think troy smith will be drafted before quinn, and maybe even Drew Stanton
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with Calvin Johnson at #1. BEAST.
Old 09-23-2006   #16
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

If, and I do mean IF Oakland picks first, Brady Quinn will be wearing the Silver and Black. No team needs a 1st round QB as bad as Oakland does. It is almost written in stone... No matter how bad he does. I remember a young QB who got outplayed in many games in College and wasn't projected to do much in the NFL. Allot of teams passes on him and took other QB's instead.

His name was Dan Marino.

No I am not comparing at all, just stating a fact...
Old 09-23-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quinn has played himself out of the Hiesman, probably out of the top 10 and seems to be working on playing out of the 1st round. Good job.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #18
Snapple
Veteran

And this is why Michigan State will never be anything more than eternal choke artists. I still cannot believe they did that. Staton was like 1 of 9 with 3 picks in the second half. One pick was called back, but it was a pick.

Unbelievable. And now Notre Dame has a creampuff schedule all the way to the USC game. They can coast.
Old 09-23-2006   #19
thefuture17
Rookie

i think brady played great at the end today and maybe cuz of his performance at the end gave him a lil shot at the heisman
Old 09-24-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Brady Quinn can forget the Heisman........ he needs to continue to play like he did in the fourth Qtr, just to stay in the top 10 of the draft.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read