Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-18-2006   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Jaguars/Steelers MNF Game Thread

Steelers vs. Jaguars in Jacksonville, both teams at 1-0.

Have at it, go Steelers.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MNF: Steelers at Jax

So I turn on Monday Night Countdown and I see nothing but Steelers fans everywhere behind the set. So naturally I think it's at Heinz.

Then I see another view and I realize it's Jax, then they go to a live shot of Willie Parker warming up on the field and there's a couple dozen Steelers fans on the rail doing the "here we go Steelers" thing.

Willie said "hear that? Home game."

I bet that half the people at All Tarp tonight are Steelers fans.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Comparing Steelers fans to Jax fans is like comparing the number of ants in Texas and the number of ants in...my front yard.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Irving going on with some kind of routine on ESPN pre-game right now. Why is this guy even on TV ? What an Idiot !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, Big Ben had 6 hours to trot around and throw.
LOL@ aj's post.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it to much to ask Carr to make two plays ala Big Ben per week? There will be missed assignments or just not an accounted for defender at times, but the QB must make plays at 7 million per year.
Old 09-18-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Big ben doesn't look all that great. The Jax defense looks stout.
Old 09-18-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Big ben doesn't look all that great. The Jax defense looks stout.
You mean like 22-26, 200 yards, 3 TD's great?
Old 09-18-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now I'm throughly confused. You said "Is it too much to ask of Carr to make some plays like Big Ben every week"? And then said, "At 7 million dollars, he should be able to make plays"

To which I responded that Big Ben doesn't look that good.

Then you responded by quoting me Carr's good stat line?

I'm not sure I follow ...

Anyway, the offense of the Steelers right now looks like the old days of run run pass punt
Old 09-18-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still lost. I root against Ben Roethlisberger, but I can't root for the Jags...let's see...Go Matt Jones, Heath Miller, Jeff Reid, and...Kornheiser!
Old 09-18-2006   #11
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

We are in trouble, guys. Them Jags have their act together, this game is incrediable to watch. LOL, Scobee is their MVP too.

Gonna be a long season for me, can't trash talk anyone. This sucks.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Meh, Jags lookin good and I'm standing on them winning the AFC South.

Their defense looks amazing.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Wow their defense looks amazing. Not to give them too much credit, as I haven't been impressed with their playcalling (Steelers) and I haven't really been impressed with the recently recovered Big Ben.

I mean, when the run isn't working, and you're down nine, why do you keep going to it??
Old 09-18-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

What's up with Polamalu today? Not half the impact I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Matt Jones is having a coming out party or is going to start one tonight. He is starting to look like a go to guy.
I spent time talking to Jags fans this summer...Matt Jones is the next Randy Moss, it seems.
Old 09-18-2006   #15
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Big Ben not looking good. Game Over.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Good game. Good game.

Here's some things to think about:
Jax is a run stuffing machine. They shut down the Steelers run game completely.
Leftwhich looks like he's finally developing chemistry with his receivers.
Fred Taylor looks great.

All that said, Ben shouldn't have started. Reports were that he had a 104 fever prior to the game, still had pain in his surgical site, and had no reps in a regular season game to date. Batch did a great job against a good Miami D, so why not give him the start?
Old 09-19-2006   #17
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

The Jags really punched the Steelers right in the mouth. As much as I detest some of their fans I cannot but wish we had that sort of physical nature on defense. Thats whats going to help us beat Peyton eventually. That or waiting until he retires, and I'm pretty sure no one here wants the 2nd option.

I think D-Rob, and Jamie Sharper are the only people to play like that here.

I have seen flashes of it from Travis Johnson, and DeMarco Ryans. Maybe we just need a vet to come in and bring it together. I heard someone mention Weaver to be that guy, but he just seems like a nice guy to me. *shrug*
Old 09-19-2006   #18
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

They looked like a playoff or more caliber team last night. They kept the Steelers in check the whole game and their "D" will be a force to reckon with. I'm not that eager to play them this year anymore...lol.
Old 09-19-2006   #19
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I guess the Jags are for real this year, well at least they play the Colts this week, one of them is going down this week at least........
Old 09-19-2006   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

There D has always been good. Its there offense that stinks. 9 points wow.

Steelers should have played Batch.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read