Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Put your avatar where your mouth is.

We have two sides on this board now:

The Chicken Littles, weighing in at 6oz, covered in yellow feathers and raving mad in one corner

And

The delusional optimists, weighing in at 160 pounds, drinking koolaid and wearing blue sunglasses in the other.

The chicken littles are claiming that the season is over, and that we're doomed to win 5 or fewer games. The optimists insist its only been 2 games, and think we'll win at least 7 games this season.

So I say, pick a side and bet your avatar. If you lose, you'll have to change it to something the other side chooses. Sort of like the Bush avatar bet that was so popular earlier.

If we win 6 games, its a tie

I personally am of the optimist group. I think we'll turn it around next week, en route to a 7-9 season. Where do you stand?
Old 09-18-2006   #2
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Excuse me, I am saying the next two seasons are over, and the third is up for grabs depending on the next few drafts and free agency.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
Excuse me, I am saying the next two seasons are over, and the third is up for grabs depending on the next few drafts and free agency.

hey, at least Casserly is not in town!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
We have two sides on this board now:

The Chicken Littles, weighing in at 6oz, covered in yellow feathers and raving mad in one corner

And

The delusional optimists, weighing in at 160 pounds, drinking koolaid and wearing blue sunglasses in the other.

The chicken littles are claiming that the season is over, and that we're doomed to win 5 or fewer games. The optimists insist its only been 2 games, and think we'll win at least 7 games this season.

So I say, pick a side and bet your avatar. If you lose, you'll have to change it to something the other side chooses. Sort of like the Bush avatar bet that was so popular earlier.

If we win 6 games, its a tie

I personally am of the optimist group. I think we'll turn it around next week, en route to a 7-9 season. Where do you stand?
Are you a communications major, do you work for the Republican party or do you like stirring pots?
Old 09-18-2006   #5
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
no...he's doing the business report on CBS
Old 09-18-2006   #6
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been sitting on the fence, watching y'all lob cow patties at one another for some time.

So I will be the board's equivalent of Big John McCarthy.

LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUMMMMMBLLLLLLE!!!!

Haters in this corner, Homers in that corner......Doubters in the middle.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #7
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I'm betting on more than six wins this season.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2006   #8
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
True, but someone has to clean up the mess and there isn't an expansion draft to take away the brunt.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't feel right saying I know my team is going to lose. I'll have one koolaid: battle red.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The magic 8 ball says ask again later!

Old 09-18-2006   #11
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

All my fellow kool-aid drinkers can use this avatar even though I'm not in this little bet.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #12
TexansTailg8r
Veteran

koolaid drinker here

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read