Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
afcman
Veteran

Default Making friends with my Texans hat.

I wore my Texans hat today and twice a person asked me...."You a Texan fan?"

(As if...."WHY are you following the Texans dude? They suck you know.")

I said that yes I am a Texans fan. Then I said something like, "Hey, we ain't the Raiders."

They chuckled and said, "yeah, true."

Then I mentioned we ain't the Titans or Green Bay either. Then I mentioned all the teams that were supposed to be the BIG team this year. And are now 0-2. Think how the fans of those teams must feel like now. They have to be WAY more dejected than us Texans fans. Because us Texans fans KNOW our situation and we have something to look forward to. Namely, getting better and starting to win games.

Anyway....to make a long story short. We started talking football and those people went from sorta laughing at me for being a Texans fan to knowing a little more about the Texans. And that the radio and TV people don't know everything like they think.

Just wanted to share a little bit of my day with you.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #2
camisgirl
Rookie

You should have told them "here's your sign." lol

***visit astrosworld.com***
camisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I live and work in LA, but from time to time I talk to people that live and work in Houston on the telephone due to my job.

It's funny, when I talk these people about the Texans, they refer to them as the "Losers".
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
It's funny, when I talk these people about the Texans, they refer to them as the "Losers".
Proud to say that I've supported them "Losers" since day 1...we'll see how many of "Them Folk" jump aboard once we start winning.
Old 09-18-2006   #5
Divebomb
Veteran

????
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read