Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
highroller28
Rookie

Default Where are the 8-8 or better posters now?

Who's still sticking to their lofty ambitions and who admits to having a brainfart of catastrophic proportions?
Old 09-18-2006   #2
ojthecat
Veteran

I admit that I was under the influance of the new coach fumes and I was over optimistic. That said I can say after 2 games we are worse than we were last year.
Old 09-18-2006   #3
cred
Rookie

Don't be a hater! I still think that they will get the "majority" of their wins in the second half of the season.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #4
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I predicted 5 games at the beginning, but I think we might be 2 and 14 again......just goes to show you that no matter what coaching staff you bring in the team will suck if the personnel sucks.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #5
afcman
Veteran

I sure was hoping. I didn't think the Giants would be that good. (But I knew they are a good team.)
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
I admit that I was under the influance of the new coach fumes and I was over optimistic. That said I can say after 2 games we are worse than we were last year.
That is a bold statement. Do you remember the Buffalo and Pittsburgh games last year?
Old 09-18-2006   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Right here. I think we have a very good run in the second half of the season. We probably won't do as well as I thought we would but I think by the end of the year we're mostly going to making fun of all the guys who are coming unglued over 0-2.

So many of you guys (not talking to you highroller28, just "talking") seem to think this junk happens overnight or something. You act like one camp, a preseason, and two games should have us looking like the Broncos last year but you take nothing into account. You ignore roster turnover, system (offensive and defensive) turnover, and simple things like how we played ok in the preseason but in case nobody noticed Kubiak didn't find his running backs until after the final cut (Dayne) and after the first game of the year (Gado). Then you freak out because we have no running game.

Didn't you think Kubiak saw that? He went out and got new backs even though our guys were tearing it up in the preseason. Wonder why that was? Maybe he thought to himself "This looks ok for now but we can do better" or something along those lines.

It's two games in but I don't feel like I did last year after we lost to Pittsburgh. The reason is that last year we were really 50 games into the Dom Capers era after that Pittsburgh beating, not just 2 games into 2005.

We're two games into the Gary Kubiak era right now. Do you know where we were two games into the Dom Capers era? We were coming back from San Diego after having been beaten into tiny little pieces. Dom's regime peaked at 7-9 in their third year.

Building anything takes time. It won't take nearly as long to build this time and our talent level isn't the dregs so many people are making it out to be. They've just got to be taught and "un-taught" before they can perform at the level we (all of us including I'm sure Gary Kubiak) expect them to perform at.
Old 09-18-2006   #8
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

at least we had a running game last year....it's not a stretch to say that we are worst.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #9
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 TFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performer

I still think we are a 6-10 team or a 7-9 team. The Pass D needs to get better, but I think we can still get to 6 or 7 wins.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #10
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I aint goin nowhere...just ur thread is dead...im a king homie...

AND I STILL SAY 8-8...SO CHOKE ON THAT SON.
Old 09-18-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by highroller28
Who's still sticking to their lofty ambitions and who admits to having a brainfart of catastrophic proportions?
Nothing like a virtual stoning in the public square. This will no doubt help the dialogue on this board.
Old 09-18-2006   #12
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

I'm right here I've said 8-8 sence OTA's and I've stated why in many other threads. It a long season and we are TWO FRIGGEN games into it get over the losses and get ready for Wash.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #13
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Right here. I think we have a very good run in the second half of the season. We probably won't do as well as I thought we would but I think by the end of the year we're mostly going to making fun of all the guys who are coming unglued over 0-2.

So many of you guys (not talking to you highroller28, just "talking") seem to think this junk happens overnight or something. You act like one camp, a preseason, and two games should have us looking like the Broncos last year but you take nothing into account. You ignore roster turnover, system (offensive and defensive) turnover, and simple things like how we played ok in the preseason but in case nobody noticed Kubiak didn't find his running backs until after the final cut (Dayne) and after the first game of the year (Gado). Then you freak out because we have no running game.

Didn't you think Kubiak saw that? He went out and got new backs even though our guys were tearing it up in the preseason. Wonder why that was? Maybe he thought to himself "This looks ok for now but we can do better" or something along those lines.

It's two games in but I don't feel like I did last year after we lost to Pittsburgh. The reason is that last year we were really 50 games into the Dom Capers era after that Pittsburgh beating, not just 2 games into 2005.

We're two games into the Gary Kubiak era right now. Do you know where we were two games into the Dom Capers era? We were coming back from San Diego after having been beaten into tiny little pieces. Dom's regime peaked at 7-9 in their third year.

Building anything takes time. It won't take nearly as long to build this time and our talent level isn't the dregs so many people are making it out to be. They've just got to be taught and "un-taught" before they can perform at the level we (all of us including I'm sure Gary Kubiak) expect them to perform at.
Thanks for saving me the effort. I still think we can realistically finish 8-8.
Old 09-18-2006   #14
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

We started out 0-2 in 2004 and went into Arrowhead and beat a pretty good Chiefs team, then ended up going 7-9 with a shot at 8-8 only to tank the Browns game. QB rating aside, that was one of the few times I came away impressed with Carr. Even though KC's defense was poop, Arrowhead is a pretty tough place to play no matter what.

FFWD to current-day. We'll be playing a tough Redskins team with their backs to the wall, but if we can pull out a W this Sunday then things just might start lookin' up.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am right here also. I have said all along and I will say it again, I feel we will go 7-9, maybe 8-8, with an outside shot at 9-7. That outside shot doesn't look too good. But 7-9 to 8-8 is do-able.

What are you trying to do, get us to eat crow after week two? Do you really need to be validated that badly? A prediction that you don't think will pan out is a "brainfart of catastrophic proportions", really? This sensationalizing seems to be aimed at starting an argument rather than posing a very simple question.
Old 09-18-2006   #16
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
I'm still thinking 10-6.

jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #17
lsmoreno56
Rookie

Quote:
It's only been two games and they've been against two of the elite teams of the NFL. This team is much better than last year's team. Show a little patience. Things will start clicking soon.
lsmoreno56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #18
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I still think we have a real chance to go 8-8. I marked the Eagles, and Colts down as a loss at the start of this year. So as far as wins and losses go, everything is as expected.
Old 09-18-2006   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think we could go 8-8 or better.

We played the eagles and colts.. and we are gonna get better as the season wears on, while our schedule gets easier.

I dont think we will make the playoffs.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sticking to 8-8. I had both these as losses.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read