Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How long are willing to wait to make your final judgement of this regime and players?
I have already made up mind. They are bad and won't get better. 2 10.00%
I have made up my mind. They will get better. 7 35.00%
I want to give these players and coaches at least 8 games to show me something. 5 25.00%
I am extremely patient. The Texans might not turn this around until near the end of this season. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2006   #1
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default What is your opinion?

I want to see how the rest of the season goes. We are starting a lot of new people and are using completely new philosophies on offense and defense. It will take lots of time before I make a judgement about any of these players or coaches.
Old 09-18-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

It may very well take until next year to start turning this around. Kubiak has not had the time to get all of the players he wants in here. He has cut the ones he doesn't like, but hardly had the opportunity to get guys he wants.

It takes a while to build a winner, I didn't expect him to just suddenly turn things around against potential Superbowl teams. We can still have a good year.
Old 09-18-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I didn't like any of the options. I don't know that this team will do anything this season. Kubiak inherited a bunch of losers. There is a reason we went 2-14 last season and have been out of about half or our last 20 games before you could say, "Grab me another beer please." We gave Capers and Co. WAY too much time. I'm not advocating that. However, I think it will take this entire season for Kubiak to determine the team strengths (if any) and worst deficiencies. I am guessing we will be 1-3 going into the bye. 0-4 is possible but I am setting my bar at 1-3. I even feel like I am asking too much with that.
Old 09-18-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

"None of the above"

Kubiak has years to turn this thing around. I bet many of this year's players won't even be on the team in 2007. It's way too soon to tell, especially just two games (against great teams) into the season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read