Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
mike230765
Rookie

Default Eric Winston

So how do ya'll think winston will do since he will be getting some action since Spencer is out with a broken leg.
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I have been thinking about that as well. He could *try* to step up, and play some LT. Only coach knows what this guy looks like. I have hardly ever seen him on the field (Preseason of course).
Old 09-18-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

If he gets in there i think he will play well getting game experience early should help him build some confidence. What position he will play? thats up in the air....still think the texans should resign Seth Wand.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #4
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Well I think he has to play LT for the line to have any kind of consistency. Moving people around all of the time is never going to work. I would have loved to see him at RT while Spencer was still healthy, but we will have to wait until next year to see that.
Old 09-18-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike230765
So how do ya'll think winston will do since he will be getting some action since Spencer is out with a broken leg.
I think he was in street clothes for a reason....

I don't think he will get much playing time at tackle unless Salaam, or Wiegert look absolutely terrible...
Old 09-18-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
I don't think he will get much playing time at tackle unless Salaam, or Wiegert look absolutely terrible...
Weigert has had some failures already. It might not be much longer.

We have a depth problem at tackle.
Old 09-18-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Weigert has had some failures already. It might not be much longer.

We have a depth problem at tackle.
Yeah Wiegert looked bad at times but...Wiegert>Salaam and Salaam>Winston...If they didn't subsitute Salaam for him I highly doubt they throw Carr to the wolves and put in Winston...I think they'd sign another tackle before we see Winston playing significant minutes...
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2006   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd slide Pitts to Tackle since he seems to play T better than G. I think Weary and McKinney can be good enough inside (for our existing talent level).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'd slide Pitts to Tackle since he seems to play T better than G. I think Weary and McKinney can be good enough inside (for our existing talent level).
Who's your center?? Hogdon??...I guess it depends on who they would rather have in...Hogdon or Salaam....
Old 09-18-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Flanagan out next week?

Old 09-18-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Is Flanagan out next week?
I think so...But you're right...if he plays, they should move Pitts to Tackle...
Old 09-18-2006   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Great question. We seem to be operating under the assumption that Flanagan will be out for a few weeks. Has anyone heard an update on him or when he will return?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I'm sure we will get the update on the Kubiak show on 610am in a few hours. I hope Winston doesn't dissapoint long term. We passed on Abdul Hodge, Jerious Norwood, Leonard Pope, & Ashton Youboty. All those guys are going to be starters in this league for a while I think.

Old 09-18-2006   #14
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed Winston in street clothes, why was that again? Can he play?

What time is the Kubiak show so I can stream it?
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan

5 o' clock hour I believe. You need to sign up for the stream so do it early.

http://www.sportsradio610.com/

Old 09-18-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan

They can only suit up 48 of the 53 man roster for a game.
Old 09-18-2006   #17
real

Quote:
I'm sure we will get the update on the Kubiak show on 610am in a few hours. I hope Winston doesn't dissapoint long term. We passed on Abdul Hodge, Jerious Norwood, Leonard Pope, & Ashton Youboty. All those guys are going to be starters in this league for a while I think.
Ouch...I didn't realize we passed on all those guys...I think all of those guys besides Pope would be major contributors for us right now...
Old 09-18-2006   #18
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
5 o' clock hour I believe. You need to sign up for the stream so do it early.

http://www.sportsradio610.com/
Thanks, Vinny.
Old 09-18-2006   #19
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
They can only suit up 48 of the 53 man roster for a game.
Ok, so he was inactive...was it because of performance or lack thereof?
Old 09-18-2006   #20
mamoo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mamoo is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmamoo is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Winston can play. He's been on the inactive squad the last two weeks. The coaches like him and say he's a fast learner. He is Weigert's back up. He and Salaam are the two back up tackles with Salaam having more experience and also played for Kubiak in Denver. So Winston is the man out for the past two games. I've heard that, before Spencer's injury, he might break the starting lineup before the end of the season.
mamoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read