Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
rodog
Rookie

Default The Official Start Sage Rosenfels Thread!!!

Well someone had to do it so here it is. And for all you people that say Carr's passing rating is high,

His 2td passes vs. the Colts came in garbage time.
rodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #2
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodog
Well someone had to do it so here it is. And for all you people that say Carr's passing rating is high,

Carr isn't the problem...
Old 09-18-2006   #3
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Since Carr's rating is so high I don't think his trade value will get any better. Let's ship him off for a 3rd round pick while we have the chance.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr starts. If Sage put up Carr's numbers yesterday everyone would want Sage to continue to start. Your Rosenfels thread does nothing but instigate the Carr apologists and Carr haters while most of us who actually watch the games want the best players out on the field at their position and right now that is Carr at QB.
Old 09-18-2006   #5
SESupergenius

Quote:

Didn't Sage have good preseason games against 2nd and 3rd stringers? We should have just drafted Vince Young because he can't win the fans of those Young supports, of which many are still bitter.
Old 09-18-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

*yawn* at this thread. been here done that.
Old 09-18-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

BUMP

Because it's so darn fresh and interesting.
Old 09-18-2006   #8
rodog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Carr starts. If Sage put up Carr's numbers yesterday everyone would want Sage to continue to start. Your Rosenfels thread does nothing but instigate the Carr apologists and Carr haters while most of us who actually watch the games want the best players out on the field at their position and right now that is Carr at QB.
I'm a season ticket holder I've seen the games, hence the thread. Garbage time can make anyone look good.
Old 09-18-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Garbage time can make anyone look good.
Garbage time in HS/College is a lot different than garbage time in the NFL. Answer this question, if Sage put up those numbers would you want him starting again or would you hold garbage time against him?
Old 09-18-2006   #10
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Carr isn't the problem...
^^^

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm a season ticket holder I've seen the games, hence the thread. Garbage time can make anyone look good.
Think again.

Have you seen our defense?
Old 09-18-2006   #12
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The optimist in me says DC is totally not the prob, and you can't argue with stats and the stats say DC is completing 75% of his passes and has a higher ypa than Manning.

The pessimist in me says that we all watch the games and DC puts up Steve McNair type numbers, very accurate but it's because of the fact that the ball wasn't thrown 15 yards downfield. Which should I lean toward?

Either way Rosenfels isn't in my mind after week 2, I seem to recall that the Texans made a move after week 2 last year, how did that pan out?
Old 09-18-2006   #13
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

Carr is our man, but he needs to become THE man.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Garbage time in HS/College is a lot different than garbage time in the NFL. Answer this question, if Sage put up those numbers would you want him starting again or would you hold garbage time against him?
Gotta love the logic. Despite his obvious onfield deficiencies, Carr has looked much improved and is putting up tremendous stats, albeit a few of them in "garbage time."

Yet, Sage put up a similar preseason stat line, purely against 2nd and 3rd teamers, and hey, it's "let's bring in Sage."

That response is all the dignity I'm going to give the original post. I suspect it will be ignored by said poster, DFTW, Napa, and the usual crew.

I also love how anyone with a gripe prefaces it with "I'm a season ticket holder." As if going to the games in person or paying for a product you don't like (should call into question your judgment in the first place) qualifies your negative opinions versus mine or any of the other 60k season ticket holders, many of whom are also on this board and happen to disagree.
Old 09-18-2006   #15
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Being as you're a season ticket holder & all , I'm sure you've already recognized the error in your original post. It was 3TD passes.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #16
rodog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
Carr is our man, but he needs to become THE man.
Well put.
Old 09-18-2006   #17
rodog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
Being as you're a season ticket holder & all , I'm sure you've already recognized the error in your original post. It was 3TD passes.
yes but 2 in GARBAGE time nice try
Old 09-18-2006   #18
Sco-tai
Veteran

The "fans" that are calling for SAGE are the same kind of fans that called for "Cody" and "Bucky". Let's see....Moon is in the HOF...and the others...yeah...you get the point.

Having said that, I am NOT saying Carr will be in the HOF. But I am saying that in my opinion CARR and SAGE have 2 completely different levels of upside. I believe WITH protection and patience in the new system, CARR is a pro-bowl caliber QB. I can NOT say the same for Sage.

Do I get frustrated with Carr's performance. Sure. He looked like a ROOKIE yesterday for the majority of the 1st 3 quarters. But calling for Sage just seems like a stretch and a step in the WRONG direction.

Old 09-18-2006   #19
Scott747
Rookie

Quote:
Ever thought that while it was in "garbage" time, that it might just be an indication on what Carr could do if he ever was given some time?

I think Sage is sitting over thinking that those 2nd and 3rd team "no longer in the league" defenses, sure didn't seem that fast.....
Scott747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #20
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All 3 were in the 4th quarter. At what point does it become garbage time? With the exception of the last drive, looking at the Play by Play on NFL.com, it was mostly starters making the tackles. Nice try.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read