Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peyton Manning is Evil

I have a confession.

I was watching the game yesterday in a sports bar, and late in the game, when Peyton Manning kept throwing the ball, I started yelling how I wanted him to get really hurt and ruin Indy's season.

And I felt conflicted about that, because you really shouldn't want to wish for harm for someone who is a talented athlete. Until I had this revelation that I've shared in the Fanhouse:

"Peyton Manning is Evil"

Quote:
Yesterday, Peyton Manning put exactly 400 passing yards up in the Colts' 43-24 buttocks rendering of the Texans. You might think that this is a result of the Colts being a better team, or that it is a result of the catastrophic and complete failure of the Texans defense.

No, that is just the conventional theory. A more in depth view reveals the sinister truth: Peyton Manning is Evil, and that he has a pact with Mephistopheles.
Read it and you will believe. It makes sense. Or at least as much sense as some of the theories thrown around here.

Bygones. Looking forward to the Redskins game.
Old 09-18-2006   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice article. Didn't really think about it this way... the drive before halftime proves it.

I think he's trying to pad his numbers for a HOF run. And we helped his case.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I have a confession.

I was watching the game yesterday in a sports bar, and late in the game, when Peyton Manning kept throwing the ball, I started yelling how I wanted him to get really hurt and ruin Indy's season.

And I felt conflicted about that, because you really shouldn't want to wish for harm for someone who is a talented athlete. Until I had this revelation that I've shared in the Fanhouse:

"Peyton Manning is Evil"

Read it and you will believe. It makes sense. Or at least as much sense as some of the theories thrown around here.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I kept replaying Joe Thiesman in my head and putting Manning on the back of the jersey.
Old 09-18-2006   #4
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have a confession.

"Peyton Manning is Evil"

I hate the guy.

but...I drafted him on my fantasy team to ease my pain.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
Nice article. Didn't really think about it this way... the drive before halftime proves it.

I think he's trying to pad his numbers for a HOF run. And we helped his case.
If the Texans went for it on 4th down instead of making that long FG attempt & converted, Payton never gets the chance for that late TD drive. While I understand the need to come away with something by giving the ball back with that much time left to the Colts was clearly in my view an error on Kubiak and his staff.

Concerning HOF numbers Payton is already there, I like the fact when you have your opponent on the ropes you go for the jugular, its called killer instinct something the Texans could use.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice article...lol. Truth is, we will be on everyone's highlight reel this year until we can stop the bleeding. If you don't want him to run up the score, stop him. I know it's tacky, but players are individuals and sometimes they want to have career days. Unfortunately, most of the time it is against us.
Old 09-18-2006   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have a confession.

Usually people make confessions after doing something they know is wrong, way to come correct. I enjoy your takes and heard you today on Sports Radio 610 @ end of show, nice.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2006   #8
Johnny Utah
All Pro

This is not the first time that Payton has ran it up on the Texans in the 4th quarter. He just loves padding his stats on the Texans.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is someone he knew had money on the game. The line was 13 points or so, and they had us by 12. He needed one more TD to get 19. And thats what happened.
Old 09-18-2006   #10
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, the Colts were going to keep it a 3 TD game. If Carr and company hadn't scored those TDs in the 4th quarter, Manning probably wouldn't have been in there or just handed the ball off.

The Colts this year have a lot to prove too!

They weren't going to even let this thing get close, that would have been an embarrasment for them...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #11
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I think they all watch that KC game last year and want to be Larry Johnson (211 yards, 2 TD).
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a response to the thread but to the people taking shots at Manning running up the score....Most offenses will move the ball in a manner that breaks down your weakness and exploits it until you can stop them. I don't blame them for passing on us, again, and again, and again. There is no crying in football. Stop someone if you don't like it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #13
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I just hope that when they have to play us again this year someone pays them back for running up the score. Even if its a 15 yarder. Let them know there will be a price to be paid. No, I don't expect us to beat them this year, but I hope by the end of the year we can be a tougher match-up.
Old 09-18-2006   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ying and Yang baby, good and evil needs each other

Or... The good, the Bad and the real ugly... we know which on the Texans are
Old 09-18-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean, what's a roughing the passer call going to do when your team is already down 43-17. Killer instinct man!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Not a response to the thread but to the people taking shots at Manning running up the score....Most offenses will move the ball in a manner that breaks down your weakness and exploits it until you can stop them. I don't blame them for passing on us, again, and again, and again. There is no crying in football. Stop someone if you don't like it.
After Schoebel spiked Carr for 15 yards ... I kinda thought the Texans might take a shot at Manning . The Texans could stand to be a little intimidating .
Old 09-18-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Like the swallows returning to Capistrano and the mud daubers returning to Luckenbach, we have a whiney 'running up the score' thread, right on cue.

Here's an idea: How about stopping them? (or at least slowing them down to Mach 2).

I would have done the same thing as Manning. Twas easy pickin's.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #18
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
After Schoebel spiked Carr for 15 yards ... I kinda thought the Texans might take a shot at Manning . The Texans could stand to be a little intimidating .

I agree...we're SOFT...it's true.
Old 09-18-2006   #19
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Kind of Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
This is not the first time that Payton has ran it up on the Texans in the 4th quarter. He just loves padding his stats on the Texans.
I thought it was kind of classless to throw the ball when there was like 5 minutes left in the game. I guess I expect a little more from Dungy & Manning.

(I know, I know....."If we don't want them to score, we should stop them"! Maybe it's just a little frustration on my part.) :brickwall
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2
I thought it was kind of classless to throw the ball when there was like 5 minutes left in the game. I guess I expect a little more from Dungy & Manning.

(I know, I know....."If we don't want them to score, we should stop them"! Maybe it's just a little frustration on my part.) :brickwall
These are professionals that get paid to win and if they can squeeze out one more win in 2007 or 2008 against the Texans because they have kicked our cans physically and mentally then they have done their job. Perception is a force in the other team's locker room, espcecially when it erodes their confidence and belief that they can win.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read