Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
TERROR DOME
Rookie

Question Where is our Def Coordinator?

I find it strange that no one has heard anything from our Def Coordinator.He seem so quick to jump to the defense of drafting Mario Williams but after a couple of games into the season we don't here anything from him on what he thinks the problem is with our defense. What do you guy's think about that?
TERROR DOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #2
SESupergenius

Does he do any interviews?
Old 09-18-2006   #3
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Hopefully, he is busy working on the next game.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Batman doesn't do interviews.
Old 09-18-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

He is probably somewhere....:brickwall and doesnt want to destroy anything during media sessions.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of coaches don't let their assistants do interviews. I haven't seen anything from Troy Calhoun either.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

After our first two games, maybe he went into the government protection prgram?
Old 09-18-2006   #8
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
After our first two games, maybe he went into the government protection prgram?
LOL
Old 09-18-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I never saw Fangio speak much. I don't want to hear him scream anyway.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know where he is, but I'd like to ask him about this:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NF...r?sort_col_1=4 (scroll to the bottom)

In all my years, I don't think I've ever seen a 478 yards per game allowed by any team anywhere --- maybe the old AFL. It's so much worse than the rest of the teams that a statistician would call the Texans an "outlier," or beyond 3-sigma bad. Of course the same statistician would say that two data points does not constitute a rational sample, or a trend.

It could be worse. The Texans are even in turnover ratio. Just think what it would look like if we were turning it over more. To Carr's credit, he has yet to throw a pick - knocking on wood.

Last edited by aj.; 09-18-2006 at 07:38 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #11
TexansTailg8r
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERROR DOME
I find it strange that no one has heard anything from our Def Coordinator.He seem so quick to jump to the defense of drafting Mario Williams but after a couple of games into the season we don't here anything from him on what he thinks the problem is with our defense. What do you guy's think about that?

He shouldn't have to speak...everybody here knows that all the defensive problems are David's fault.
Old 09-18-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

In all my years, I don't think I've ever seen a 478 yards per game allowed by any team anywhere --- maybe the old AFL. It's so much worse than the rest of the teams that a statistician would call the Texans an "outlier," or beyond 3-sigma bad. Of course the same statistician would say that two data points does not constitute a rational sample, or a trend.

It could be worse. The Texans are even in turnover ratio. Just think what it would look like if we were turning it over more. To Carr's credit, he has yet to throw a pick - knocking on wood.
Nice post.

To me, this is the most worrisome thing and hopefully is not a rational sample.

The stat that jumps out is how bad they are getting off the field on third down.

OTOH, at least for the last game, the defense was on the field too much early in the game. It reminded me of the bad start in last year's Pittsburgh game.

Your defense will look better when your offense can chew clock, well, and not fumble the dang ball. Our run offense has been atrocious given the fat stats a Denver style offense is supposed to do. But then again, how fun is it to run the ball when you are down 14-0 before the beer wench has brought your pitcher over?

My biggest hope for the team before the season started was that the defense might be able to hold the fort down until the offense figured itself out, as usually defense is easier to learn than offense.

That scenario, at least at this point, doesn't look like it is happening.
Old 09-18-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
The stat that jumps out is how bad they are getting off the field on third down.
I heard on the radio that Indy averaged over 10 yards on third down plays. That is really, really bad.
Old 09-18-2006   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

Dude. We're not an outlier even on that list. The Browns and Titans are also in the over 400/game club so far. It's only 2 games, we'll get better.

I hope.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #15
LoneStarState
Veteran

He's curled up in the fetal position somewhere in the bowels of the RCA Dome...
Old 09-18-2006   #16
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Your defense will look better when your offense can chew clock, well, and not fumble the dang ball.
Defense will look better when every wide receiver is covered and not wide open.
Old 09-18-2006   #17
ojthecat
Veteran

I have a hard time understanding our lack of blitzing. Our front 4 are not getting any pressure on the QB. I am a firm beliver that you must rush enough players to get pressure on the QB. Right now that number is definatly more than 4 players and probably closer to 6 or 7. Until we can pressure the QB's we will not be able to cover anyone with our secondary I know that the more players you commit to blitzing the more man coverage you are playing and risk giving up big plays but so what. We need to hit the QB's.
Old 09-18-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

holy cripes those are ugly stats

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
Defense will look better when every wide receiver is covered and not wide open.
WRs will look covered when the QB has a 6'7 behemoth in his grill.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well at least we didn't give up any 4th down plays.....oh wait, no one needed to try them.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read