Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Default My sincerest condolences

I just read your starting rookie LT is out for the year and Ephraim Salaam will now start.

Having watched Salaam as a Jag for the past 2 years, I am saying with no hint of sarcasm or ill will, I feel bad for you guys.

If you think you have seen bad offensive line play, you haven't seen anything yet. This scrub almost got Leftwich killed multiple times in 2004.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #2
Doom Capers
Veteran

good to hear
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfanincanada
I just read your starting rookie LT is out for the year and Ephraim Salaam will now start.
This scrub almost got Leftwich killed multiple times in 2004.
Man... Leftwich is a tank. Will D.Carr be injured by week six?

[edit] I hope not.
Old 09-18-2006   #4
SESupergenius

Sage...Sage...Sage.
Old 09-18-2006   #5
jagibelieve
Veteran

I've got to agree with my fellow Jaguar fan. Salaam got the name "turnstile" in Jacksonville last year for a reason. He was actually replaced and inactive for the last part of our season and replaced by a rookie. I feel bad for Carr...
jagibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #6
rondog
Rookie

Wow.
rondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Who took his spot, Barnes?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Yes, but remember what Kubiak has said. "Its his locker room presence that has inspired Kubiak"!!!!!
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Having watched Salaam as a Jag for the past 2 years, I am saying with no hint of sarcasm or ill will, I feel bad for you guys.
Can anybody wonder why DC is screwed up in the head and gets the yips
with regular frequency ? He is now about to embark on his latest adventure with another untested or over-the-hill NFL LT to cover his butt.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

when Spencer layed there twisting in pain it was to date my lowest point so far as a Texans fan. I mean here is our promising rookie LT locked up on Freeney & in some freak accident is clipped by 275 lb Ron Dayne barreling down the lane Spencer had just opened up.

to his credit Carr never came out of the game and played a whole lot better in the 4th quarter but I can't see how the rest of the season can improve as expected without Spencer in there & solidifying the LT position.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default is it possible

That we'll go out and look for help in the market?

How about Flannigan's Injury? I get sick of the thought of having McKinney play Center again....
Please_Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #12
Johnny Utah
All Pro

I'm hoping Pitts will now become our LT over this Salaam scrub. Pitts has proven that he can play this position decently.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The only problem with Pitts at LT is that means McKinney has to play guard. Hodgdon moves forward to center. With one single move we have 0 backups at Center and 0 backups at Guard. Salaam and Winston are still backing up Weigert, who I don't think will make it to the end of the season. He's taking a beating. Either he goes down, or he's pulled, but I don't think he's going to survive another 14 games.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #14
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:

If you think you have seen bad offensive line play, you haven't seen anything yet. This scrub almost got Leftwich killed multiple times in 2004.

A Jags fan with class. Thanks for saying that. Spencer was one of my favorite players, and I feel he would have really improved this year. Next year will be like he is still a rookie again....
Old 09-18-2006   #15
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Can we bring in some sumo wrestlers for the line or something? Maybe we could put Carr in one of those foam sumo wrestler costumes instead.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Time for open tryouts to find our "Invincible"
Old 09-18-2006   #17
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I say we offer free food to the five biggest guys we can find on ebay.
Old 09-18-2006   #18
jdog
All Pro

If you have five guys that weigh five hundred pounds...they might be slow...but they would make our line about twenty feet wide not counting Owen. I think Carr could make a pass before the defenders run around the corner.
Old 09-18-2006   #19
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Who took his spot, Barnes?
Yes Barnes took his spot and played well, our offense started playing much better after that, not coincidentally.

I doubt any of you saw it but if you saw the game in 2004 when we beat Green Bay in that super cold game in Green Bay, that's all you need to see. KGB ran right around Salaam that entire game and delivered vicious hits.

And the worst part is he's a laugher and joker. How can you be laughing and joking when you're getting your QB killed? Get ready for his standup comedian act in press conferences after he lets up 3 sacks and 5 pressures.

jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #20
19-10
Veteran

Default condolences ?

Did he die? Now offering condolences to our season, that would be appropriate. But not b/c of Spencer - better than a blown out knee!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read