Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
fisherflo
Rookie

Default quiet stadium

Can you beleive how quiet that stadium got every time the colts were on offense......i just wish that our fans would do the same for us....
fisherflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Not only that, but we need to start making noise when the other team is in the huddle....
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

With enthusiasm comes crowd noise. With winning comes enthusiasm.
Old 09-18-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
We're getting into chicken and egg kinda stuff now.....
Old 09-18-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

But its true.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Enthusiasm should be there, period. I remember the Brown's Dog Pound all too well, even though the team was stinking it up. After 7 years in the wilderness and only 4.2 years into our new franchise, enthusiasm shouldn't even be questioned. We should just be smart about it, like Indy fans.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If we get in the red zone against the 'skins, you can bet there will be someone trying to start the wave.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2006   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember a couple years back, the Texans were leading the league or at least near the top in false starts for opposing teams. We need to get back to being a really loud crowd. I only can make one or two games a year because I live out of state but its amazing how many "fans" I notice just sitting there on their hands not making any noise at all when the Texans are on D. I know there will be people say the Texans need to win and then we'll get excited, well thats a bunch of baloney! Get behind your team, make some noise! Its a huge advantage for the home team. Maybe I just need to get tickets in the BullPen next time I go to a game and hang out with fans who understand the concept of home field advantage. Go Texans!
Old 09-18-2006   #9
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
Alcohol had MUCH to do with Browns' fans enthusiasm.
That and of course...inbreeding.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Luv_ya_blue again.
Old 09-18-2006   #10
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherflo
Can you beleive how quiet that stadium got every time the colts were on offense......i just wish that our fans would do the same for us....
They sound quiet because there aren't 10,000 people cussing Carr, booing the last play, or just not paying attention.
Old 09-18-2006   #11
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
I remember a couple years back, the Texans were leading the league or at least near the top in false starts for opposing teams. We need to get back to being a really loud crowd. I only can make one or two games a year because I live out of state but its amazing how many "fans" I notice just sitting there on their hands not making any noise at all when the Texans are on D. I know there will be people say the Texans need to win and then we'll get excited, well thats a bunch of baloney! Get behind your team, make some noise! Its a huge advantage for the home team. Maybe I just need to get tickets in the BullPen next time I go to a game and hang out with fans who understand the concept of home field advantage. Go Texans!

AMEN!!!

Anyone who has played football knows what crowd noise can do to an apposing offense and to your own defense confidence. If you CONSISTENTLY make noise (lots of noise) I KNOW you will see a difference in the attitude of your defense. They are going through a hard time right now and need to know when they come home YOU HAVE THEIR BACKS!!! They will dig down deeper and think, REALLY think and believe, these are the best fans and we are going to dig soo deep to show how much we appreciate it.

If you never never never give up, ONE play can change a whole game around!!!
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep. and water is wet
Old 09-18-2006   #13
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Default quiet on offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick
They sound quiet because there aren't 10,000 people cussing Carr, booing the last play, or just not paying attention.

Nope. Just plain old good, knowledgable fans. We have too many tourist, fair weather fans, that don't know you are supposed to be quiet when we break the huddle. Simple.
Old 09-18-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
its amazing how many "fans" I notice just sitting there on their hands not making any noise at all when the Texans are on D.
It was either the colts or jaguars homegame last season, and i got criticized by someone for making too much noise. With fans like that, it's no wonder the texans stink.
Old 09-18-2006   #15
afcman
Veteran

I get the original point but I don't think one can blame the crowd. The crowd was there in the beginning. And after all this time we are STILL dealing with the SAME problems. The people are depressed. The people have held up their end of the bargin. The team has not.

Just be thankful the crowd is still there. And I think they will be there until it turns around. But the fans are waiting for the team to step up. We don't want to hear any more excuses. We want results. WINS.

If the team starts showing promise and is showing improvement. That will be a big positive and the crowd will be there to encourage them on.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #16
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash
Nope. Just plain old good, knowledgable fans. We have too many tourist, fair weather fans, that don't know you are supposed to be quiet when we break the huddle. Simple.
Hate to admit it but that's probably true. I know for the Philly game I was getting pissed at my section for screaming as loud as they could when the Texans offense came up to the LOS.

I didn't get to go to a lot of Oiler games back in the Luv ya Blue days, so I don't remember if we had that problem then. Anyone?

For being a football state, seems like the fans just don't get it. Winning will probably make it better for the simple fact that Texans fans will go to the games instead of selling their tickets to opposing teams fans.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #17
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

I have seats in the Loge section and it never ceases to amaze me how little people understand about the use of crowd noise. Itís really great when the Texans get into the red zone especially when we do so with a big play (a rarity I know). But when the team starts the huddle its time to shut the He!! up. At home against Philly the O'line had to motion their arm to tell the HOME crowd to be quite! Then on defense there is very little excitement except from the Bull Pen and certain areas of the stadium. I was an Oiler season ticket holder for 15 years and understand thatís energy comes from winning but please be quite when the team is on offense! I think itís more detrimental to the team to be loud on offense than the lack of energy the crowd shows on Defense.
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #18
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was either the colts or jaguars homegame last season, and i got criticized by someone for making too much noise. With fans like that, it's no wonder the texans stink.
Clueless, you should be able to report those fans and get them kicked out of the game! Can you imagine that happening in Philly, Indy, New York or any other place that have knowlegable fans? That truly is pathetic.
Old 09-18-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
yep. and water is wet
the sky's blue... women lie.....
Old 09-18-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just the Texans though? The Rockets' home court advantage is non-existant thanks to those damn fake fans that spend all game at the bar, not caring about the game. It might be a Houston thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
Alcohol had MUCH to do with Browns' fans enthusiasm.
That and of course...inbreeding.
That, and they take [the] Browns to the Super Bowl during bathroom breaks. :bananasplit:
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read