2) Turnovers
3) Turnovers
4) Turnovers
5) Turnovers
6) Turnovers
7) Turnovers
8) Turnovers
9) Turnovers

Those are nine areas that need to be worked on. All the rest is . . . fluff .

I agree.

My only question is. Is it the playcalling or the reads that Carr is getting or is it the OL isn't giving him enough time? DD is our leading receiver? AJ and Bradford disappear for stretches when I am not sure if they are even in the game. (and I meant that as no balls are thrown their way).

Our nickle defense is HORRIBLE. That is what kills me.. Our nickle defense reminds me of the ones that are on the Video games .. just horrible.

A thing that is of concern to me, is that it looks like we are VERY soft up the middle on our pass blocking. Two weeks in a row sacks have come from middle pressure.

Wolf said:
I agree.

My only question is. Is it the playcalling or the reads that Carr is getting or is it the OL isn't giving him enough time? DD is our leading receiver? AJ and Bradford disappear for stretches when I am not sure if they are even in the game. (and I meant that as no balls are thrown their way).

Our nickle defense is HORRIBLE. That is what kills me.. Our nickle defense reminds me of the ones that are on the Video games .. just horrible.

The pass protection was bad. It needs to improve drastically. Our third down D was terrible. I saw that Dunta couldn't cover Hakim man to man, because he simply couldn't keep up with him coming across the field. I saw Sharper get juked out of his shoes for a first down. I have yet to see our safeties make a play. I would have liked to have seen Coleman put a hit on Williams during that first TD. He gave him a love tap. As a safety you need to make those guys remember you by leveling them.

I was so disgusted after the game, I waited until now. Let's see, Roy Williams is allowed to use height & speed to go get a ball,but not our guys who are over 6'1"? Our Oline was constantly pushed around. A lot of poor tackling with one "going for the head" of a receiver by Glenn I believe. I did not look at stats in today's paper but I certainly was not impressed by Wells. On 610 today, Carr said Detroit was sitting back in zones and he could not go deep. Ok, so 14 future games & all the other guys do is sit back in zones? We have got players with credentials to knock the Dline on theirbutts, recievers to jet past corners/safeties with a QB to "cannon arm" it to them, Gafney, Miller/Breuner to open the middle or fill in a short side line route if Bradford/Johnson go deep, Dline to tie up running game & just maybe get a qb pressure and Wong/Babin/Peek to get maybe 3 sacks a game between them. So what in Hades is going on? We got so many yellow flags I started looking for Lance Armstrong to donate his jacket to the refs! I am still on board but let's go!

I know we have new players & rooks, but for crying out,Walker,Smith,Mckinney,Todd Wade,Glenn,Coleman,Brown,Breuner, Miller,Bradford,Wong,Foreman AIN"T ROOKS!!

1. Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
2. Defensive pass rush
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
3. Better, less conservative, play calling by the coaches
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
4. Better pass-blocking
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
5.Efficiency in Red Zone
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
6. MUCH better offensively and defensively in second half, especially 4th qtr
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
7. And finally better adjustments by the coaches at half-time
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers
Turnovers

Oh did I mention the +- turnover ratio.

Meloy said:
.... On 610 today, Carr said Detroit was sitting back in zones and he could not go deep. Ok, so 14 future games & all the other guys do is sit back in zones? ...
Good summary of the game .. :hehe:
And as for the statement above, shame on the Lions for putting their players where our players wanted to be! Wonder how far that excuse will take 'em?

Back