Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Capers and co. really screwed us.

Coaching can really screw up a team. I keep hearing everyone clamor about how little talent we have, and while I agree our team may not be displaying superbowl winning talent right now, they had potential during some point in their careers. Lets look at it this way:

On offense:
QB - Carr - 1st round
HB - Lundy - 6th round
WR - Moulds - 1st round
WR - Johnson - 1st round
TE - Daniels - 4th round
LT - Spencer - 3rd round
LG - Pitts - 2nd round
C - Flanagan - 3rd round
RG - Weary - 3rd round
RT - Wiegart - 3rd round

On defense:
DE - Williams - 1st round
DT - Johnson - 1st round
DT - Seth Payne - 4th round
DE - Anthony Weaver - 2nd round pick
Rotating In - Babin (1st round), Peek (3rd round)
WILB - Greenwood -3rd round
MLB - Ryans - 2nd round
SSLB - Orr - undrafted
CB - Robinson - 1st round
CB - Sanders - 4th round
Nickel CB - Buchannon - 1st round
FS - Brown - 6th round
SS - Earl - 4th pick

Now not even accounting for draft position, which I really should considering that we have always drafted in the top half of the draft, the average talent level of our team is 2nd round. On offense, with the exception of Lundy, we have no starters drafted in the 5th round or later. We have only 1 4th rounder.

Unless we have THE WORST talent scouts in the NFL, we should be able to do something with all these players. I mean lets be reasonable--they weren't picked this high for nothing! We have: 8, count them EIGHT (Carr, AJ, Moulds, Williams, TJ, PBuch, Babin, DRob) players on this team who were chosen in the 1st round! Why can't we make someething out of them? I think Capers and Co. REALLY screwed us either by drafting horribly or coaching the talent they did draft terribly.
Old 09-18-2006   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Coaching can really screw up a team. I keep hearing everyone clamor about how little talent we have, and while I agree our team may not be displaying superbowl winning talent right now, they had potential during some point in their careers. Lets look at it this way:

On offense:
QB - Carr - 1st round
HB - Lundy - 6th round
WR - Moulds - 1st round
WR - Johnson - 1st round
TE - Daniels - 4th round
LT - Spencer - 3rd round
LG - Pitts - 2nd round
C - Flanagan - 3rd round
RG - Weary - 3rd round
RT - Wiegart - 3rd round

On defense:
DE - Williams - 1st round
DT - Johnson - 1st round
DT - Seth Payne - 4th round
DE - Anthony Weaver - 2nd round pick
Rotating In - Babin (1st round), Peek (3rd round)
WILB - Greenwood -3rd round
MLB - Ryans - 2nd round
SSLB - Orr - undrafted
CB - Robinson - 1st round
CB - Sanders - 4th round
Nickel CB - Buchannon - 1st round
FS - Brown - 6th round
SS - Earl - 4th pick

Now not even accounting for draft position, which I really should considering that we have always drafted in the top half of the draft, the average talent level of our team is 2nd round. On offense, with the exception of Lundy, we have no starters drafted in the 5th round or later. We have only 1 4th rounder.

Unless we have THE WORST talent scouts in the NFL, we should be able to do something with all these players. I mean lets be reasonable--they weren't picked this high for nothing! We have: 8, count them EIGHT (Carr, AJ, Moulds, Williams, TJ, PBuch, Babin, DRob) players on this team who were chosen in the 1st round! Why can't we make someething out of them? I think Capers and Co. REALLY screwed us either by drafting horribly or coaching the talent they did draft terribly.
Yes, and the worst part of it is, it continues. How can a defensive team not force one punt in the entire 1st half. That says volumes about today's game. I really thought Kubiak was the real deal, but it certainly looks like I was dead wrong. I bought his charm hook line and sinker. He has not coached the team in the way he said he would. That is extemely disappointing. It appear's he is even more rigid than Capers. The one think I will give him credit for is his challenges have stood up. That was something Capers could not do right.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst part about Kubiak, is that Richard Smith appears to be even worse than Capers at coaching the D. Capers was a good defensive minded coach. If he had been our DC, i think our D would have been ok. I think Kubiak has absolutely no feel for defense, and keeps out of it. Unfortunately, Smith's D has resembled tackling dummies.
Old 09-18-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

PS: Before I get posts saying, "Moulds, Flanagan, Williams, Ryans, etc" were not here when Capers waass coaching, so how could they be screwed up by him?

Let me answer: I'm saying the rest of our team is so poorl ycoached, that despite pretty good play from all of our new acquisitions, we are still stinking it up.
Old 09-18-2006   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

You got it . I'm outta rep I owe you. That is why all of the Carr bashing is nonsence. Manning couldn't run with this pack of turkeys.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Yes, and the worst part of it is, it continues. How can a defensive team not force one punt in the entire 1st half. That says volumes about today's game. I really thought Kubiak was the real deal, but it certainly looks like I was dead wrong. I bought his charm hook line and sinker. He has not coached the team in the way he said he would. That is extemely disappointing. It appear's he is even more rigid than Capers. The one think I will give him credit for is his challenges have stood up. That was something Capers could not do right.
You know you're snake bit when the RB you just delt for whipes out your o-line with one lame play. Mind boggeling.

Hey we over estimated them in camp. We don't have the tallent athletically to run a man. And our safties are to stupid to run in a two deep zone...go figure. Oh well look at the '07 draft.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #7
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

I think that before we judge Kubiak too hard, we give him a few more weeks. I mean, it's not like anyone really thought this was going to be a winning season and the guy was given a team that was a bag of d***s. I'll live with it for one season, I'm ok with that, but there should be at least some noticable improvement by the end of the season.
Old 09-18-2006   #8
jmlockett
Rookie

Default AErgghhhhhhh

well hmmmm, what can I say other then .....

:brickwall
jmlockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How can a defensive team not force one punt in the entire 1st half.
When one of the NFL's worst defenses goes up against one of the NFL's greatest offenses.

We've played two of the best teams in football. No need to get a rope and lynch the head coach just yet.
Old 09-18-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the problem is Kubiak and company. We would be winning these games if Capers, Fangio, and P....Pa....Pen (I can't even stand to say that one) were still here.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #11
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember that the Dophins started 3-7 and finished 9-7.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Ibar...... I know you expected us to go 13-3........ which 3 games did you expect us to loose?? the Dolphins, the Browns, and the Buffalo??

Are those the teams you are looking at when you consider our schedule tough??

Or did you not factor in the injured Eagles into how tough that team really is??

Are you upset because we gave up 500 yards?? We don't even know who our starters are yet. Mario, Weaver, Ryans, Greenwood, Dunta, Earl, & Brown are the only ones who have started these two games, and our Week 3 preseason game.

ARe you upset because we can't throw the ball?? David needs at least 2 quarters to warm up....... throw in a sack, and he'll need an extra posession or two to clear the cobwebs......

Are we supposed to be steamrolling the competition on both sides of the ball??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog
Remember that the Dophins started 3-7 and finished 9-7.
We might could do that, if we played 26 games this year too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #14
wrestler4life
Veteran

I think that everyone needs to relax. Remember, we were all saying that we just wanted to see improvement, and we have at some levels. We knew that we would not be a playoff team this year. We just got a little excited after preseason, and got to ahead of ourselves. We are basically having to rebuild after what Capers and Co did, so lets all just relax and hope for the best.
Old 09-18-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your shift from Capers to Kubiak was quick and seamless. Nice transition but you ought to get some new soap.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #16
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
We might could do that, if we played 26 games this year too.
:P add "with a final record of" as necessary.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006   #17
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

I think Capers is with the Dolphins now, we need to make him a cake when he comes back to the Houston on 9/24 and thank him for the garbage he left Kubiak to fix..............

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read