Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default Break out the paper bags again

Put them on your head at the next game, because we still suck!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Old 09-17-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew
I would rather put on a TEXAN mask GO TEXANS!!!!
Old 09-17-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You wear a paper bag if you want to. I think I'm going to find me some tickets if I can. This time next week we'll be 1-2 and everyone will be talking about how we're going to stomp the crap out of the Dolphins before the bye.

I don't really think you have to be optimistic all the time. I know I'm not. I don't think it adds anything to the quality of the board to just post "We Suck" threads though. Who wants to read twenty threads of "We Suck" when they come here?

The two teams we just finished losing to are going to probably be in their respective conference championship games. They're going to beat a lot of people this year and if we get better every week then by the last 4 games of the season I doubt anyone will even care about these two weeks.
Old 09-17-2006   #4
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:
When they start putting a streak together don't jump on the bandwagon
Old 09-17-2006   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I found the paper bag brigade in poor taste last season, and even more so this season.

Fans don't wear bags. Fans wear smiles, painted faces, goofy get ups, etc.

To each his/her/their own, but I don't fancy putting my Texans pride in a brown paper sack. Even when we have days like this.
Old 09-17-2006   #6
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Lost your faith after 2 games, what was you really expecting, bro? Two playoff teams showed us we still have work to do, but we are not the only 0-2 team ya know. Bring your brown bag to the next game, I betcha you be the only FOOL who will regret doing that.
Old 09-17-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can you just wait until October? If you can't do it for Texan nation, think about the kids. The kids.
Old 09-17-2006   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry, i drank the coolaid this season so no paper bags in my future. i knew we were going to be bad last year before the season started so i'm not going to make light of anyone's pessimism, but i certainly feel that we can make a legitimate run as the season progresses. i understand the knee jerk after a loss, but it's a little soon to write off the season just because last year left a couple scars.
Old 09-17-2006   #9
Divebomb
Veteran

No paper bags, not yet. After we loose to Washington next week and we are 0-3 we get to go to Miami! Knowing our Defense this will be Cullpeppers coming out party LOL!! 0-4 then it is the Jags and Cowboys! I hope we can beat Miami, if so we might be 1-5 heading into Tenn. If Vince young is starting by then I hate to say it but we might be up 1-6 after the Titans!
Old 09-18-2006   #10
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Can you just wait until October? If you can't do it for Texan nation, think about the kids. The kids.
I'm suddenly reminded of Mrs Lovejoy from The Simpsons, "Won't anyone please think of the children?!?" Nice avatar BTW, Roddy, Keith, John, and THEY LIVE rule!
Old 09-18-2006   #11
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I'm surprised Drew.
Old 09-18-2006   #12
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

Waaaaay to early for paperbags! We could easily be 2-2 by week 4.
Old 09-18-2006   #13
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
You wear a paper bag if you want to. I think I'm going to find me some tickets if I can. This time next week we'll be 1-2 and everyone will be talking about how we're going to stomp the crap out of the Dolphins before the bye.

I don't really think you have to be optimistic all the time. I know I'm not. I don't think it adds anything to the quality of the board to just post "We Suck" threads though. Who wants to read twenty threads of "We Suck" when they come here?

The two teams we just finished losing to are going to probably be in their respective conference championship games. They're going to beat a lot of people this year and if we get better every week then by the last 4 games of the season I doubt anyone will even care about these two weeks.
Good Points. People need to realize Texans have played 2 of the best teams in NFL. Yeah...we can rant about our lousy defensive play or lack of running game or pass protection. Oh, Carr bashers....keep on..keep on. He's actually done a decent job except for the fumbles.

Redskins are coming in next week; they're having problems with their offense...hopefully, defense can step up and turn things around.

So, Drew...if you want to "jump ship" or throw the Texans "under the bus"...go ahead.... "true fans " don't do it.

Man....how we would be feeling if we played Saints' schedule of Browns and Packers?
Old 09-18-2006   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue
When they start putting a streak together don't jump on the bandwagon
With paper bags over their faces, chances are they won't know when that happens
Old 09-18-2006   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
sorry, i drank the coolaid this season so no paper bags in my future. i knew we were going to be bad last year before the season started so i'm not going to make light of anyone's pessimism, but i certainly feel that we can make a legitimate run as the season progresses. i understand the knee jerk after a loss, but it's a little soon to write off the season just because last year left a couple scars.
Yeah I'm on this band wagon. It's going to take some time. Twenty months of Carr bashing and knashing of teeth will seperate the fans from the trolls. No bag for me. Still wearing my Texan's stuff. Still gotta a good chance at four or five wins. Sweep the thumb tacks, it's a good year.
Old 09-18-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did you break both ankles or just one when you jumped?

De Oppresso Liber
Old 09-18-2006   #17
Texican
Rookie

If you must wear the paper bags can you do it outside the stadium and sell your ticket to someone who is a true fan and sticks by the team no matter what happens

I was at the game yesterday and we stayed till the end no matter the outcome because we believe in the team

We talked to the colts fans around us and they let us know it will turn around for us as they were bad for a long time before they started to win.

But if yo must wear your bag please let a fan use your seat Hell PM me and I will buy your season tickets out and put them to good use
i know of couple of fans that will be happy to go to the games

GO TEXANS!!

Josh
Old 09-18-2006   #18
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
I found the paper bag brigade in poor taste last season, and even more so this season.

Fans don't wear bags. Fans wear smiles, painted faces, goofy get ups, etc.

To each his/her/their own, but I don't fancy putting my Texans pride in a brown paper sack. Even when we have days like this.
Were you talking about Joe Texan? He he!
Old 09-18-2006   #19
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey man where wer you, no show at the Saxon, did you leave town?
Old 09-18-2006   #20
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

All I'll say is that I am a fan of the TEXANS and will always be. No matter what record they have. I think it's pretty *******y for you supposed fans that feel you have to be ashamed of the team you supposedly like. Be a real fan of STFU. That's all i'll say.

Have a nice day

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read