Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2006   #1
Superstar
Rookie

Lightbulb Curse continues.....

Did anyone see the gameday wrap up column? That was the title of the article LOL. What has our own writers given up as well?? I am iffy about carr because I am sick of his early mess ups in the first quarter. I am glad mario has improved. I think carr just needs to get his head fixed and start playing football.
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
Did anyone see the gameday wrap up column? That was the title of the article LOL. What has our own writers given up as well?? I am iffy about carr because I am sick of his early mess ups in the first quarter. I am glad mario has improved. I think carr just needs to get his head fixed and start playing football.

from what i can tell. you are iffy about Carr no matter what.

hello!!!
our defense has given up 67 points in 2 games.. 33 points average... no offense can hang with that
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

hello!!!
our defense has given up 67 points in 2 games.. 33 points average... no offense can hang with that
I agree.. no matter what carr did early in the game its not by far the reason why we got our butts kicked...ease off the QB and get on the DL/DB's. The writers are as clueless as we are at times. Anything to get there rep up or sound like they know it all.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #4
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

The problem with this ball club is we are a Pass 1st Run 2nd ball club trying to Run 1st and Pass 2nd. The Colts know they do not have a running game so they adapted to what they have. We have not. Finally in the 4th qtr we began to play that game. The end result was that we began to have an offense. Sorry, but this coaching staff is falling into the same trap as the previous one and it really bothers me. I think Kubiak has a fine mind, but he seems to have the same kind of rigidity that won't allow him to adapt to his players. When he 1st came he indicated he would do what his players did best, but it certainly looks to me like he can't. That is a shame, because we have an outstanding WR & TE staff that I believe ranks with some of the best ones out there.

If the 49ers could win SB's utilizing a Pass 1st offense, I don't see why we can't either. The Colts certainly understand that they can. I really hope the coaches open their eyes up to what we can do offensively.

The defense is simply another matter. I think a lot of us had great hopes for the defense, but I guess we were very wrong or something is a wash with it. Yes, we have weaknesses in our secondary, but we have injuries too. Would PBUC be a help right now? Who knows. Why we don't and don't want to blitz is beyound me. Again something strange is going on and its really not very pretty.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf

hello!!!
Not to mention giving up 716 yards passing in those 2 games.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #6
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
I gave him a chance both this game and the other. He just does not have control and focus both first quarter and second quarter. I am not one of those yes man type fans and agree with everything what you hear. I say it how it is.
Yet you begin your post with what someone else(columnist) has to say...The truth of it is you are a SUPERSTAR CARR HATER! or maybe you just love blaming one player for the Entire offenses struggles.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read