Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2004   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Capers first year with the Panthers they were 0-3 to start the season but ended up 7-9. Perhaps a repeat is in store for us.
like your positive thought Ogre the remaining 13 games of which we would need to win 7 of include: Raiders win Vikings win Titans loss Jaguars win Broncos loss Colts loss Packers loss Titans @ Reliant win Jets loss Colts @ Reliant win Bears win Jaguars loss Browns win.

really hope your right, 0 turnovers, steller special teams play, maturation of defense and opening up the offense a little more and it just may be possible.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #22
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
Is this the future of things to come or can the Texans change course & avoid what seems certain? How do you think KC fans feel about their team & how will they react @ home this coming Sunday? eek:
I was listenining to 610 sports yesterday,and the fans in K.C. are tired of paying the 3rd highest ticket prices in the league and not having even an AFC championship to show for it,Carl Peterson is under fire for not getting any Talent to come to K.C. in the off season free agency market for their ever so poor Defense,especially since Gunther is doing worse Than Greg Robinson did with the same people,and showing Everyone that he is a good Defensive Coordinator,with the fine job he is doing in Texas.Then there is Vermill Telling LJ it is time to diapers off and go to work,that added a player coach conflict,and Rhonda Moss asking Hick if they should have added help on Defense,and he just went off,then Barber saying if you gonna ask us hard questions then we are going to ignore you,KC fans don't like to hear a player saying he refuses to talk to them.HERE IS THE LINK
Old 09-23-2004   #23
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The outside rusher seemed to come from the right side mostly. They got pressure from the left, but I don't remember a sack from that side. I am concerned though that we seem soft up the middle. At least twice in each of the games, a sack came right up the middle.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #24
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We really need to start using top picks on the two lines.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #25
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
We really need to start using top picks on the two lines.
Agreed. It is almost scary to look at our depth on the lines.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004   #26
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I didn't get to watch yesterday's game, but I watched last weeks game. I saw the highlights from last nights game on the news and heard Carr was sacked five times. I have been thinking about the last two weeks all day, and something is not right. For Carr to be hurried and sacked like he has against the CHARGERS and LIONS, something is wrong. And on the defensive side of the ball with the players we have, we should me making some stops and getting to the QB more. We should be 2-0 right now. I am starting to believe that the coaching is the problem. I am not saying our record is 100% fault of the coaches, but I am starting to think they are a big factor for our 0-2 record.

My thoughts: Wiegert went out early due to injury. Wand looked liked he was trying to push his guy out wide rather than pancake his butt. Seth is 6'7" 315+ and needs to quit being timid. Last 2 years Pitts got into his opponent most plays even though he's 4 inches shorter. I think the OLine is still becoming a cohesive unit. In turn that will make QB & RB more productive. What I do not recall seeing is Carr running to right behind Todd Wade & throwing back across to Johnson.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004   #27
Demon
Rookie

Default Turnovers could be some of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
The Kansas City offense will score at will against us. Our defense has been pathetic these first 2 games.
Yes, it appears the defense has not been tough in situations where we needed to prevent a 1st down. However, the offensive turnovers has put the defense back on the field too many times. No turnovers = better defense.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2004   #28
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

After a very disappointing start with the loss to SD, you can feel the enthusiasm for the team waning. But winning tomorrow would be one of those
upsets against a big, name team like the Phins or Cowboys. It would "jump-start" our season and give us expectations all over again of 500 (or >) going into next weeks game at home against the Raiders.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004   #29
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
After a very disappointing start with the loss to SD, you can feel the enthusiasm for the team waning. But winning tomorrow would be one of those
upsets against a big, name team like the Phins or Cowboys. It would "jump-start" our season and give us expectations all over again of 500 (or >) going into next weeks game at home against the Raiders.

I hope we get that victory in KC because you are exactly right. It would jump start our season.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004   #30
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

My thinking is that they are about due to surprise.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004   #31
Demon
Rookie

Default Texans 21 Chiefs 17

And that's my final answer!
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #32
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

i predict the texans will win on sunday. i'm thinking they'll come back with a game winning field goal and win 24-21. hope i'm right
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read