Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Carr Thread - Be warned.

I am one of the biggest anti-Carr people on this board. I will have to say that Carr has done much better his last two games. Yes, he has had his moments.., but he is looking so much better in the pocket, he is looking at other people, making better decisions, and his passes are HUGE more accurate then they have been in the past. If he keeps this up.. I might have to come off my position of being anti-carr. I not saying he is where he needs to be.. I am saying he has shown a good deal of improvement.
Old 09-17-2006   #2
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

GOOD give the guy props when he diserves it, fix the Defense.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
I am one of the biggest anti-Carr people on this board. I will have to say that Carr has done much better his last two games. Yes, he has had his moments.., but he is looking so much better in the pocket, he is looking at other people, making better decisions, and his passes are HUGE more accurate then they have been in the past. If he keeps this up.. I might have to come off my position of being anti-carr. I not saying he is where he needs to be.. I am saying he has shown a good deal of improvement.
Wow, a Carr post without o-line blaming or baseless Carr flaming? Thank you for your objective opinion. Good post.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #4
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

carr has played as well as can be expected. he hasn't thrown an int. he had trouble holding on to the ball today, but being tattooed day in and day out doesn't help that situation. but i want to pose this question...if dd is healthy, are these games any different? my personal opinion says no...but that's just me.
Old 09-17-2006   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

That's a big step for whichever side of the "pro/anti" side a fan is on to glance over and see the other side of the story and not be so blinded by one's position to realize there may be some truth to it.

Kudos Dime. Some rep for that post.

I think overall, I'm still Switzerland on Carr. There are some times he makes some bone headed moves, other times there are flashes of amazement. I think what I do know about him (from the casual fan persepective) is that he'll be an average QB. If Kubiak continues to work with Carr, to slow the game back down, get rid of some happy feet, play more to his strengths, see the entire field as well as read the defense, banish the sack demons of his first 4 years.... I think he'll finish out an average QB. Not one to take the team on his back, to be the STAR player of the team - but one who does his part in the system and make less of the mental errors as time progresses.

Last edited by OzzO; 09-17-2006 at 05:08 PM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #6
Dime
Hall of Fame

All I have asked for the last years was to show improvement.. He has done that in several areas so far. As long as he keeps improving and shows like he has the last two games, I am happy with him. I care about the games W/L, but not as much as team improvement.
Old 09-17-2006   #7
SESupergenius

The thing about it is, Carr did fantastic the 2nd half, and if the defense could have done anything we would have had a respectable game.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2006   #8
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
carr has played as well as can be expected. he hasn't thrown an int. he had trouble holding on to the ball today, but being tattooed day in and day out doesn't help that situation. but i want to pose this question...if dd is healthy, are these games any different? my personal opinion says no...but that's just me.
With the way the run blocking has been looking i dont think domanick would have been able to run it much better.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #9
Pagan
Rookie

Two things I haven't been impressed with so far, and they might just be habits. I really don't know.

1. He is still staring down receivers.

2. He's dumping off way too much. Yea, I understand he's not getting alot of time, but when he does he'll go for the back instead of the reveiver.

And I wouldn't get too pumped, most of his stats came in the 4th when the game was already decided.

But to be fair, he has looked better than he has in the past couple of years (since THE Clevland game). Jury is still out though.
Old 09-17-2006   #10
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

I'm all for Carr! The D looks horrible and O-line looks like swiss cheese. Give the guy time and he's proving he can find the right guy on the field!
Old 09-17-2006   #11
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:

Great post man!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #12
JDTexan
Rookie

Default Carr

CARR IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!

OUR DEFENSE IS!
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTexan
CARR IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!

OUR DEFENSE IS!
................100% agree
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

They smell blood...they are coming soon

The haters...
Old 09-17-2006   #15
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Those of you who think he is dumping off too much MAY be right. However have you seen his TD to Int ratio?

I think we will start to look better when we aren't playing teams that are Superbowl contenders. I just hope we're able to stay in one piece as a team until then. We really should have a great chance next week vs Washington.
Old 09-17-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
GOOD give the guy props when he diserves it, fix the Defense.
problem is some people won't admit when Carr is playing well. they still find the faults
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #17
cred
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan
Two things I haven't been impressed with so far, and they might just be habits. I really don't know.

2. He's dumping off way too much. Yea, I understand he's not getting alot of time, but when he does he'll go for the back instead of the reveiver.

And I wouldn't get too pumped, most of his stats came in the 4th when the game was already decided.

But to be fair, he has looked better than he has in the past couple of years (since THE Clevland game). Jury is still out though.

Obviously you didn't watch the game, because if you did you would have noticed the that he moved the ball around to the other recievers other that just the check down. Now he did check down to FB Cook a few times but let me ask you what would you have done. My guess....................probably worse.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #18
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's glad to see someone on the anti-Carr fence taking an objective look at the entire team. It seems like you're actually doing what the other's aren't...understand what Carr is responsible for doing. None of us know for certain what Kubiak is telling Carr to do on the field...for all we know he's doing EXACTLY what he's been told.

But I'm with you on this...he's not playing as well as he could or should...and he SHOULD get quite a bit of blame...but only for things that he's responsible for doing. I think we're all upset with Carr today because we're upset with how the team performed. I think Carr play a hard game, but he still didn't play very well at all (just like the rest of the team).
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #19
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan

Man are you really paying attention to the game. 1. Carr is getting alot better at going thru his progressions, eg. TD to Owens,TD to Johnson. Staring at recievers is coming from a 3-drop step that requires for a quick throw. 2. The dump-offs are not a bad thing, either the reciever is covered up or the pass rush is right there in his face. The couple of DO'S to Cook, you can clearly tell that Carr wanted to go down-field, but the coverage was there. I'll rather a DO instead of throwing into tight coverage if the play isn't there. If all of his stats came in the 4qtr. so what? You play the game to COMPETE!! That is what football is all about, is it his fault really? Play until the fat-lady sings. You should know this playa!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #20
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Carr can be a good starter for us if these first two games were any indication. He needs a defense and a running game before he starts really leading us to victories. So far Kubiak's decision to work with him instead of drafting VY is looking positive.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read