Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2006   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default Negatives & Positives

POSITIVES

Carr 22 of 26 219 Yards 3 TDs 0 Ints

2 sacks on Manning

NEGATIVES

400 Yards passing by Manning

4 fumbles by Carr (luckily only 2 lost)

Giving up 10 points to Colts off turrnovers (33-24 otherwise)

4 sacks

until positives outweigh negatives we will lose, but I may be a but I see progress..we need to stop ALL the mental errors
Old 09-17-2006   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
POSITIVES

Carr 22 of 26 219 Yards 3 TDs 0 Ints

2 sacks on Manning

NEGATIVES

400 Yards passing by Manning

4 fumbles by Carr (luckily only 2 lost)

Giving up 10 points to Colts off turrnovers (33-24 otherwise)

4 sacks

until positives outweigh negatives we will lose, but I may be a but I see progress..we need to stop ALL the mental errors

How in the hell could Carr's play at QB be considered a positive? I can't stand stat mongers.....try looking at a scoreboard once in a while or actually watch a game....

POSITIVES
Mario showing a bit of heart at times
Spencer's X-Rays came back negative
Dayne looked good at times

NEGATIVES
Poor QB play until game was wayyyyyy out of hand
Inconsistent OL and DL play
Horrible play in the secondary
Too Many Turnovers; Not Enough Takeaways (see Poor QB Play/Poor D)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
How in the hell could Carr's play at QB be considered a positive? I can't stand stat mongers.....try looking at a scoreboard once in a while or actually watch a game....

POSITIVES
Mario showing a bit of heart at times
Spencer's X-Rays came back negative
Dayne looked good at times

NEGATIVES
Poor QB play until game was wayyyyyy out of hand
Inconsistent OL and DL play
Horrible play in the secondary
Too Many Turnovers; Not Enough Takeaways (see Poor QB Play/Poor D)
Great post, except when did Dayne look good? Gado looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Great post, except when did Dayne look good? Gado looked good.
I saw quite a few good RD runs. They gave him the ball 4 straight times and gained 19 yards on one drive..then Carr started, well, just being Carr. The game was still somewhat of a contest at the time too. I thought he looked good for his first week as did Gado. I would have traded Lundy and kept Morency....
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #5
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
I would have traded Lundy and kept Morency....
Wow, I actually agree with you on at least one thing.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

POSITIVES:

Carr looked great again

Negatives:
We have idiot fans
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #7
MrLizardTX
Veteran

It's raining outside....Carr's fault.

Get a grip. Carr is not the problem. When he has more than 2 seconds to throw, he's a damn good quarterback.
MrLizardTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2006   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
POSITIVES:

Carr looked great again

Negatives:
We have idiot fans
He'll keep putting up great stats against 2nd and 3rd string Defenses in the 4th Q.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-17-2006   #9
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

In all seriousness (minus the idiot fans we have)

Dayne looked pretty good.
Old 09-17-2006   #10
SESupergenius

Quote:
He'll keep putting up great stats against 2nd and 3rd string Defenses in the 4th Q.
Wasn't that the hoora we heard about Sage this preseason about how good he did against 2nd stringers? LOL, you guys are amazing. Expect Sage to do no better when your line gives you nothing at the start and your RB coughs one up.
Old 09-17-2006   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I know I'm going to have tomatoes thrown at me for saying this... but Glenn Earl looked good today... I don't know why we also had our other strong safety on the field (Because thats what he is, CC is NOT a free safety) ...
Old 09-17-2006   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Wasn't that the hoora we heard about Sage this preseason about how good he did against 2nd stringers? LOL, you guys are amazing. Expect Sage to do no better when your line gives you nothing at the start and your RB coughs one up.

LOL
Old 09-17-2006   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Positives: I'm currently going through my post losing game ritual of reading the Titans gameday thread... its SOOO funny lol.

(I also have the Chargers D on my fantasy team right now!)
Old 09-17-2006   #14
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
POSITIVES:

Carr looked great again

Negatives:
We have idiot fans
Like you?
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I believe you are correct. Now if we could only get teams to start their backups we'd be great.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2006   #16
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Metoo?
Old 09-17-2006   #17
ColtsAreClass
Rookie

It's a little difficult to give a fair assessment of your Offenses performance, as they spent a good portion of the game against the Colts backup D and only scored significant points in 4th Qtr scrub time.

Getting 2 sacks on Manning (technically 2, but 1 was a run stop) was a definite positive. The Colts O line are the best in the league at preventing sacks, so to get 2 is very positive.

The Colts scored a lot of points on you, but that's what they do to everyone. You may struggle this season if you play blitz all day
ColtsAreClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

"casual fan" observances

positives:
- garbage time or not - glad the offense worked the entire game
- Carr's stats - not much for the downfield, but that's what the Colt's D allows.
- passes were spread around
- Gado and Dayne looked good for just coming over.
- I'm glad (psychotic kinda way) that we're starting the learning curve v. high powered teams instead of setting false hopes by winning against sub-par teams.
- looked to keep Mario in one position
- we have a front office and coaching staff that makes sense and have faith in.

negatives:
- Texans played into Colts style - get behind early, force to throw
- DRob burned quite a bit - even one play looked like he gave up on the play by holding up his arms in a WTF mode.
- Oline is gonna take some time.... hope Carr is still around when they get tenured.
- fans showing their "internet muscle" against each other.

I expect wins, but I guess I'm also a realist to know when it may not happen. Still looking for that 8-8 season this year.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #19
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
POSITIVES:

Carr looked great again

Negatives:
We have idiot fans
Carr looked great against the Colts 2nd string defense in garbage time. When it was still a game Carr choked.... again. What's his win/loss percentage again?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Umm, a TD is a TD. When was the last time he put 3 on the Colts? That's progress.

Oh, and in what twisted unvierse is 22/26 with 3 TD's not good? I dont care when they came, we never stopped trying and fought hard after one of the worst 1st quarters in franchise history.

Positives: Dwight Freeney: 1 tckl, o sacks.

Houston we have a Left Tackle

Negatives: Houston, our Left Tackle is hurt

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read