Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2006   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We just played the two super bowl teams..

Seriously, the two teams we just played could very well end up in the Super Bowl. Dont get me wrong, I was pretty pissed watching the game but lets keep this in perspective. We are one of the youngest teams in the NFL with a brand new coaching staff. Its gonna take some time to get this team headed in the right direction. Peyton Manning makes a lot of teams look bad. That being said, the next time we play this team he had damn well better spend just a little more time on his back side! Brighten up everybody, I'me pretty sure we all expected this today. Next week, we win and then we build from there!
Old 09-17-2006   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

You echo my thread that I just created. We must be twins separated at birth.

There is NO context for a few on this board who have been crying about this game and how badly we "suck."

It isn't fun to get beaten like a drum, but it has to be held in its proper context. Whoever scheduled a 2-14 team to play two perrenial powerhouses teams should be lynched (figuretively speaking, of course...).
Old 09-17-2006   #3
Divebomb
Veteran

Excuses are for the weak! I did not expect us to win; I did expect us to look better than last week. I did expect us to show improvement! We did not, and anyone who watched quarters 1,2, and 3 understands why I hate David Carr!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #4
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Agreed, We just played two playoff teams who will go deep in the playoffs, if not the superbowl.

We could have beaten both those teams if we had a rushing game. We have a decent defense...but if they are kept off the field they can become effective if the other team is forced to pass and we know they are passing, that is when we can become effective, right now our defense is doing very little. I really wish Domanick Davis was around... but Gado and Dayne look like they can start being productive for us, they just need some time to get used the scheme. Good moves on both those backs.

As for David Carr... he made a few bad plays...a few good plays...but overall he did pretty good... he just needs to eliminate those fumbles...if he would have done that I would have said he had a near perfect game.

After analyzing Mario closely... I feel he is improving...once he provides heavy pressure...thats when the rest of our defense will come around. But jesus...get CC brown off the field.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
Excuses are for the weak! I did not expect us to win; I did expect us to look better than last week. I did expect us to show improvement! We did not, and anyone who watched quarters 1,2, and 3 understands why I hate David Carr!
Carr is not the problem, at least not yet.
Old 09-17-2006   #6
Divebomb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
Carr is not the problem, at least not yet.
How many years are we going to say this???????? It is getting old!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=yourfavoritetexan42]Agreed, We just played two playoff teams who will go deep in the playoffs, if not the superbowl.

We could have beaten both those teams if we had a rushing game. We have a decent defense...but if they are kept off the field they can become effective if the other team is forced to pass and we know they are passing, that is when we can become effective, right now our defense is doing very little. I really wish Domanick Davis was around... but Gado and Dayne look like they can start being productive for us, they just need some time to get used the scheme. Good moves on both those backs.

As for David Carr... he made a few bad plays...a few good plays...but overall he did pretty good... he just needs to eliminate those fumbles...if he would have done that I would have said he had a near perfect game.

After analyzing Mario closely... I feel he is improving...once he provides heavy pressure...thats when the rest of our defense will come around. But jesus...get CC brown off the field.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, apparently Matt Stevens has a twin brother separated at birth.

Talk about absoultely no on-field presence or awareness. He was all alone in the corner of the end zone...who was he defending?...when he spun around and saw he needed to get to the goalline--Too late. He looks lost out there.
Old 09-17-2006   #8
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's gonna take time, but I'll still be around. We can beat Washington.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
How many years are we going to say this???????? It is getting old!
Did you listen to Gannon? He has by far been the best voice of reason, and it's because he's a former Qb who has had to learn new systems.

He states over and over that this team is starting from scratch. It's year ONE for everyone on the team but perhaps Flanagan, Dayne, Putzier, and Gado.

Your expectations were clearly out the roof, man. You need to take a breath and settle down. I am far more confident this week than I was last week.

Mario got penetration several times (almost sacked Peyton, not bad for his first meeting with Peyton) he made tackles off of pursuing the runner and not giving up. Thomas Johnson is quickly proving to be a great addition, we actually looked better when Spencer and Flanagan got hurt..those subs pulled their weight and it did not look the disaster that it was last year when we had to sub people in at different spots than what they normally played. All in all, they kept their heads on their shoulders if you ask me.

Our secondary IS the weak link right now. If we get that fixed and get Wong back when we should, then this team will do a lot better (barring injury).

Tell you what, Divebomb, just give up. OK? Just leave if it's thaaaaaat bad for you. We already have other fans of other teams coming here and telling us how badly we "suck," and it's getting old hearing it over and over from you.

Crying and moaning, and pissing and groaning over and over an over is like having a girlfriend that doesn't trust you and complains that the world is always against her and that men are evil. It just gets old.

Quit being a victim and just break up with us and go find another team to be a girlfriend to. Your're not happy. We KNOW that. Go chop some lumber or hit some golf balls or something.
Old 09-17-2006   #10
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
Seriously, the two teams we just played could very well end up in the Super Bowl. Dont get me wrong, I was pretty pissed watching the game but lets keep this in perspective. We are one of the youngest teams in the NFL with a brand new coaching staff. Its gonna take some time to get this team headed in the right direction. Peyton Manning makes a lot of teams look bad. That being said, the next time we play this team he had damn well better spend just a little more time on his back side! Brighten up everybody, I'me pretty sure we all expected this today. Next week, we win and then we build from there!
I think they will choke.
*sigh. I keep on forgetting that it's a new coaching regime and schemes. All I want is for them to get it together.
Old 09-17-2006   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont know about indy -havent seen them but the eagles are going to the SB imo after watching their game today
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read