Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2006   #1
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's Quarterback Rating

Last week Carr's QB rating was 102.1 and by my calculations his quarterback rating so far this weekend is 126.7. Not bad for a guy who people want run out of town....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

dont forget to mentioned 3 touchdown passes also

*3 fumbles but that dont matter
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
Divebomb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic
Last week Carr's QB rating was 102.1 and by my calculations his quarterback rating so far this weekend is 126.7. Not bad for a guy who people want run out of town....
Not bad for a guy who throws 1 yard dump off passes and fumbled three times. Stats are such a wonderful thing! You can twist them and bend them and do all kinds of wonderful things to make a P.O.S. QB look great! Carr sucks!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #4
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Carr was by no means great today....he was decent...he still didn't get rid of the ball a couple of times, he fumbled the ball 2 or 3 times, and he didn't look down field enough........he's what I always said he was............average.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #5
FanZilla
Rookie

3 TD passes when we are so far down that the 3rd team D is in and they don't care if we score 30 points. When David has stats that are actually in a close or winning game I will be impressed.

He needs to lose his tunnel vision and realize that the d-line will be coming.
FanZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #6
Divebomb
Veteran

Carr looked like crap until they backed off in the fourth quarter! I guess this is a lost cause, Carr was awsome I love David! We have a chance to loose 16 with him at QB this year!!!! Go Carr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #7
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanZilla
3 TD passes when we are so far down that the 3rd team D is in and they don't care if we score 30 points. When David has stats that are actually in a close or winning game I will be impressed.

He needs to lose his tunnel vision
and realize that the d-line will be coming.
Agreed.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2006   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Revised rating for this week after all the numbers are in:

Carr will be ranked among the top 3 NFL quarterbacks with a 115 rating after playing two of the best teams in the league (possibly Super Bowl teams).
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #9
Meisterman
Veteran

Carr did nothing when it counted. Once the game is out of reach and Indy puts in the the 2nd string...then with no presuure... he pats the stats.

Garbage time stats are for 3 year extensions...cough...
Old 09-17-2006   #10
SpinDoc
Rookie

Default This isn't Fantasy Football

This is real. And I hate losing.
SpinDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Meisterman]Carr did nothing when it counted. QUOTE]

Ok, but who on this team did??? Nobody showed up today. If you're gonna bash Carr, bash everyone else.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:

the "tunnel vision" where he looked right then threw 30 yards to the left for a TD or the "tunnel vision" where he pumped right and threw left for a TD?

Maybe the reason he did well in the 4th is beacuse he had time...you really think that if Peyton and Harrison and Wayne are still out there when they are up by 30 that eveyrone else is going to stop trying?
Old 09-17-2006   #13
PhnzUp
Rookie

Default After the bye week......

we gotta make a change and put in Sage. Lets give Moulds and Andre an opportunity to earn their money.
PhnzUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #14
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhnzUp
we gotta make a change and put in Sage. Lets give Moulds and Andre an opportunity to earn their money.
Yea bench a guy becuase the line can't block and d can't stop, and put another QB in there, and that fixs the problem. Wrong,Carr did not look to be the problem the last two games.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #15
texflex513
All Pro

Go Carr!!!!!!!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #16
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

You guys keep bashing Carr for not getting rid of the ball, and for "not realizing that the D-line will be coming."

Kubiak, the man in charge, the man with substantial football knowledge, keeps telling Carr to SLOW down, not speed up. Also, after about 215 sacks, he knows the d-line is coming, there just usually aint a damn thing he can do about it but throw short.

If you dont think Carr is the answer for this team, you are entitled to that. But a lot of times folks don't know what they are criticizing or hardly look to the big picture when making their assessments.

you know who else does that? retards.

*by the way, i am lukewarm on David Carr. Don't love him or hate him, but i think he has played well considering the circumstances the last two games.
Old 09-17-2006   #17
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

co-signs. I want his stats to look good when it counts. 3 fumbles is unacceptable period.

That said....I'm willing to stick with Carr throughout this year. If Kubes pulls him early then fine but as for now David has this year to show me something. I might even give him 4 games next year just b/c he is in a NEW system which some of you forget.
Old 09-17-2006   #18
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

one fumble was Flanagan's fault as well, and another one was because he got hit while throwing. that could've happened to anyone in this league.
Old 09-17-2006   #19
GoTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDoc
This is real. And I hate losing.
Good then tell the Texans to draft a secondary.
Old 09-17-2006   #20
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic
Revised rating for this week after all the numbers are in:

Carr will be ranked among the top 3 NFL quarterbacks with a 115 rating after playing two of the best teams in the league (possibly Super Bowl teams).
Mostly garbage time stats. And the Eagles showed today that they're not that good.

Bottom line, the team is 0-2 and Carr has been a major contributor to both losses.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read