Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #41
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
All in garbage time. Carr choked when it was actually a game.
what about the defence??????
Old 09-18-2006   #42
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz
what about the defence??????
It was Carr's fault our defense gave up 43 points...
Old 09-18-2006   #43
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been expecting a "Fire Kubiak" thread since last week. Yesterday, I saw a thread called "Bring Back Vic Fangio." Getting close. This one's closer.

I'm setting the over/under at 1 week until a thread is called "Fire Kubiak."

Some of these tools act like the Texans losing a game is something new.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
We've got one true blue chip DB.
That one blue chip got burned all night. There was a particualr play, where it looked like he was expecting help in the middle. Instead of making the tackle, then complaining, he stops and throws his hands up.

What's up with that??

That Blue chip looked kinda green to me.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #45
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

"COOLER HEADS PREVAIL"...remember that. I watched the game yesterday and was extrememly disappointed as well, about the team as a whole. All I could keep telling myself is that it takes a lot to rebuild a 2-14 team. Repeat that to yourselves about 20 times in a row. (it helps to stop the bleeding) Our secondary has killed us the past two weeks and has allowed other teams to score on us at will. Seriously, 80 yard drives in under 2 minutes on a repeated basis. That's horrible! The thing is, we don't really have a good shut down corner. I thought that Dunta was one, but I don't think he has that swagger he had his rookie year. He doesn't make a play on the ball anymore, non of our DB's do. What's the point in letting them catch the ball 15-20 yards down the field and then tackling them? They do it repeatedly and it's so frustrating. Take a gamble and play the ball! There are times when 4 DB's are around a receiver and wait for him to catch it and then tackle him. Why? Why not one guy play the ball and then if he doesn't get an interception, you've still got three guys standing there to tackle him when he catches it? I just don't think Dunta has the fire he once had (I know it's tough to maintain that on a dismal team). How long are our top tier players willing to stay on a losing team? This will be something we may have to look at near the end of the year if we don't turn this thing around and get close to a .500 season. I'm not being biased either, I spread the blame around evenly. This team played horrible today from the get go. I thing the first 2 snaps took whatever momentum we built up in the locker room and made us choke on it. A sack and a fumble in the first 2 plays? Horribly bad way to start the game against a top team. On the radio this morning Carr said that they started using "max protect" when we started scoring in the 4th qtr when Spencer got hurt. Why didn't we use it earlier in the game? I remember the Eagles using it a lot last week. Atleast that's what our team gave as an excuse to why we couldn't get to McNabb.
Old 09-18-2006   #46
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic
Of course he is different than Capers. And inherited a Capers team. How about giving the guy a whole season before writing him off? We have 14 more games to go and I don't expect them all to be like the first two.
I'm all for giving GK more time (like we have a choice), but we looked like a BAD college team out there. Just like preseason, we didn't move the ball well until the scrubs came in for the other team. I saw some positives yesterday, but saw WAY more negatives.
I can't figure out why the D is so bad. If we loaded up one side for a blitz, the ball went the other way. Bad luck or great playcalling by Manning? The Colts seemed like they were toying with us. Did anyone else see an awful lot of holding by the Colts O-line that wasn't called? I saw at least 7 plays where Peek, Weaver or Babin were damn near tackled and holding wasn't called. Not trying to whine about that, but seeing our D-line in a choke hold had me screaming at the TV most of the day.
Somebody PLEASE tell me what our safeties were doing!!! Were the put in bad positions due to schemes, make bad reads and get out of position or do they just plain suck? Same for our corners. Too many guys WIDE open.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #47
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
I'm all for giving GK more time (like we have a choice), but we looked like a BAD college team out there. Just like preseason, we didn't move the ball well until the scrubs came in for the other team. I saw some positives yesterday, but saw WAY more negatives.
I can't figure out why the D is so bad. If we loaded up one side for a blitz, the ball went the other way. Bad luck or great playcalling by Manning? The Colts seemed like they were toying with us. Did anyone else see an awful lot of holding by the Colts O-line that wasn't called? I saw at least 7 plays where Peek, Weaver or Babin were damn near tackled and holding wasn't called. Not trying to whine about that, but seeing our D-line in a choke hold had me screaming at the TV most of the day.
Somebody PLEASE tell me what our safeties were doing!!! Were the put in bad positions due to schemes, make bad reads and get out of position or do they just plain suck? Same for our corners. Too many guys WIDE open.

I saw that too and kept screaming about it. I saw our D line men being tackled to the ground and no flags being thrown and all I could say was if we had done that we would have gotten flagged for it. I'm not saying we lost because the ref's calls, we blew it on our own, but it would have been nice to get some of those calls to back the Colt's up.
Old 09-18-2006   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Wow, only took two games for the "sky is falling" "Kubiak sucks" threads. I have said it once and I will say it again, miracles do not happen overnight, especially for a first time head coach who took over one of the worst teams in the NFL.
In all fairness, our running game has looked pathetic...... that hasn't happened in 4 years. Our Defense was horrid, and I don't see how anyone can blame a lack of a pass rush..... we didn't look like the steelers, but we sacked him twice, and flushed him out on several occassions......

We've never been blown out by the Colts like that before. that was a thorough shelacking, from start to finish......

I agree it's way too early for these kinds of threads, but how can you expect different.

What I will say, is that these are not the games that matter. We are learning, we are finding out who are players, and who are role models. I think Babin has solidified his spot on the starting Defensive line. Weaver looked better at tackle, and that may be where they start him. TJ might very well be Thomas Johnson & then Mario....... Soon as we find the best four, we can get them practicing together more, which is going to make them better.

Lewis Sanders is playing better than DuntaRobinson..... that's a problem that needs to be fixed, and we've got to teach our LBs how to cover.... whether we're talking zone, or man.

& our safeties don't appear to understand what they are supposed to be doing out there.

Offensively, we don't have the players to run the ZBS........ our runningbacks aren't making good decisions, and our OLine isn't opening multiple lanes. We now have Pitts, McKinney, Weary, & Wiegart...... just like last year. They should be able to open up some wholes like they did for DD........ DD was only avr right?? & we've got avg runningbacks now, shouldn't be a problem.

I was hoping Dane would get the bulk of our carries, but after seeing SamkonGado....... I'm thinking Dane will have to earn a spot, and make the most of the carries he gets.

But we are a 2-14 team doing exactly what a 2-14 team is supposed to be doing.... We won't be able to see what Kubiak is doing until week 9 or so. We'll hopefully get two wins with Washington & Miami coming up.... then our fair weather fans will be back on our side, even though those games will be as meaningless as these two losses. Hopefully we'll get Dallas, that is a tough team with a good coach, we won't luck into a win there, it's going to have to be all heart.
If we are still making personnel changes against Jacksonville, don't look to win that one(I know I predicted a sweep of jacksonville). & Tennesee should be a win...... unless Vince is starting by then. Then you might as well role the dice, or flip a coin.

But by the Tennessee game, we should see what we got. then we can start complaining.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #49
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

It looks like the plays were balanced between run and pass. You can't give up on the run. Plus, if teams are game planning on rush Carr, it is even more important to establish a run.

It looks like we have been out coached in these last two games, but we are implementing new systems. These teams have been perfecting their systems for some time. We can not adjust/execute as well right now.

Don't fire Kubiak. Don't bench Carr. Don't start thinking of who to draft with the first pick. The sky is not falling.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #50
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
In all fairness, our running game has looked pathetic...... that hasn't happened in 4 years. Our Defense was horrid, and I don't see how anyone can blame a lack of a pass rush..... we didn't look like the steelers, but we sacked him twice, and flushed him out on several occassions......

We've never been blown out by the Colts like that before. that was a thorough shelacking, from start to finish......

I agree it's way too early for these kinds of threads, but how can you expect different.

What I will say, is that these are not the games that matter. We are learning, we are finding out who are players, and who are role models. I think Babin has solidified his spot on the starting Defensive line. Weaver looked better at tackle, and that may be where they start him. TJ might very well be Thomas Johnson & then Mario....... Soon as we find the best four, we can get them practicing together more, which is going to make them better.

Lewis Sanders is playing better than DuntaRobinson..... that's a problem that needs to be fixed, and we've got to teach our LBs how to cover.... whether we're talking zone, or man.

& our safeties don't appear to understand what they are supposed to be doing out there.

Offensively, we don't have the players to run the ZBS........ our runningbacks aren't making good decisions, and our OLine isn't opening multiple lanes. We now have Pitts, McKinney, Weary, & Wiegart...... just like last year. They should be able to open up some wholes like they did for DD........ DD was only avr right?? & we've got avg runningbacks now, shouldn't be a problem.

I was hoping Dane would get the bulk of our carries, but after seeing SamkonGado....... I'm thinking Dane will have to earn a spot, and make the most of the carries he gets.

But we are a 2-14 team doing exactly what a 2-14 team is supposed to be doing.... We won't be able to see what Kubiak is doing until week 9 or so. We'll hopefully get two wins with Washington & Miami coming up.... then our fair weather fans will be back on our side, even though those games will be as meaningless as these two losses. Hopefully we'll get Dallas, that is a tough team with a good coach, we won't luck into a win there, it's going to have to be all heart.
If we are still making personnel changes against Jacksonville, don't look to win that one(I know I predicted a sweep of jacksonville). & Tennesee should be a win...... unless Vince is starting by then. Then you might as well role the dice, or flip a coin.

But by the Tennessee game, we should see what we got. then we can start complaining.
Just my opinion but I think we need a running back and major help in the secondary. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but after the rave over Gado after we traded for him I haven't read anything about what he did yesterday. And now Salaam will be starting at LT, I still think we should have held onto Wand.
Old 09-18-2006   #51
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
We got a running back and his name is Gado!
Like I said I didn't get to see the game, did he do anything yesterday?
Old 09-18-2006   #52
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Just my opinion but I think we need a running back and major help in the secondary. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but after the rave over Gado after we traded for him I haven't read anything about what he did yesterday. And now Salaam will be starting at LT, I still think we should have held onto Wand.
I don't have his stats, be he was sufficient to say the least. He had some good runs and made good YAC.
Old 09-18-2006   #53
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

To answer you in earnest Ibar I will use two quotes, one from Kubiak and one from Carr. To me this clearly shows the difference between darkness, Capers, and the light, Kubiak.

Kubiak
Quote:
(on QB David Carr) “I told him last night at the hotel, I said, ‘David, you’re not going to have a lot of time to throw the ball, there’s going to be people in your face, people stripping at the ball, but we don’t use that as an excuse. We need to step up and play as well as we can play.’ But I thought David Carr battled and did some good things in the second half, but he’s got to play for four quarters, and I’m going be on his butt until he becomes a four-quarter player. And when he does that, our football team is going to get better. When you’re a quarterback and you think you can walk into this dome on Sunday and think you’re going be able to sit back there and pat the ball, you’re in the wrong ballpark.”
Carr
Quote:
(on early game sack) “I have got to find a way to get back up and into the pocket. It is hard to put it on the offensive line because it is difficult for them because they are keying the defensive ends to get off of the ball.”
This statement alone gives me encouragement for the prospect of Carr turning into a value, gulp, at 7.25 million.
Old 09-18-2006   #54
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i have to go to class. no more wasting time with all this tripe floating around boards today.
Old 09-18-2006   #55
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
I don't have his stats, be he was sufficient to say the least. He had some good runs and made good YAC.
Gado had 3 carries for 36 yds with a long of 27. Pretty good downhill runner. I was surprised by his quickness and speed.
Old 09-18-2006   #56
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Gado had 3 carries for 36 yds with a long of 27. Pretty good downhill runner. I was surprised by his quickness and speed.

Thanks DocBar, I couldn't remember what they were. Appreciate the stats and they are encouraging.
Old 09-18-2006   #57
DocBar
Hall of Fame

I'm usually not a conspiracy buff, but I'm starting to think our preseason opponents got together and decided to let us run on them so we'd get overconfident in that area. We looked awesome in the preseason and I'm having a hard time understanding why we look so awful now that they count. Same goes for the D-line. Anyways, I'm just venting some frustration about 2 areas I thought would be a strength. I drank the Kool-Aid and came back for seconds, I guess.
Old 09-18-2006   #58
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
I'm usually not a conspiracy buff, but I'm starting to think our preseason opponents got together and decided to let us run on them so we'd get overconfident in that area. We looked awesome in the preseason and I'm having a hard time understanding why we look so awful now that they count. Same goes for the D-line. Anyways, I'm just venting some frustration about 2 areas I thought would be a strength. I drank the Kool-Aid and came back for seconds, I guess.

Yeah, I drank the kool-aid as well..lol. I am curious as to what happened to our running game we showed in the preseason as well. That was out strong suit along with our defense, and both of those areas are nowhere to be found. Still looking for them....
Old 09-18-2006   #59
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Again, I keep saying the strength of this ball club is the WR's and TE's, not the runnig backs. We are a pass 1st run 2nd ball club.
Take a look at the first play of the game, or any of the subsequent sacks, or any of the multiple sacks, pressures, or hits that Carr has taken over the years and you'll realize we can't be a passing team. The lines on this team are atrocious. Fix that and everything else will fall into place, eventually.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #60
texan279
Hall of Fame

All I know is Capers got 4 years here, I am not willing to give up on Kubiak after 2 games, especially after having to endure the last 4 seasons. To me Kubiak has been one of the few brights spots for us so far.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read