Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak is no different from Capers

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
I'm ticked, because we have been lied to again. Here me out before you start foaming at the mouth.

When Kubiak came here he said he would do what the players do best and are best at and capable of. Lefts talk about Indy for a moment. They have absolutely zero running game. What do they do? They use their strength the passing game to get the job done. The run is a side light to the rest of the game just like the 49ers of the past.

Folks we are in the same position. We have excellent wide receivers and TE's and what do we do? Of course you have to run the ball to Pass. That is absolute BS. Kubiak has the same 1 dimensional approach. If you can't run then its time to try the other avenue particularly when your strengths are your receivers. We should be stepping back and passing on every down instead of running twice and then getting into an obvious passing situation. Sorry, but I'm not happy with what I'm seeing and its time that all of these coaches wake up.

Defensively we have no clue. We are being eaten alive by a very good QB. However, we have seen the same think in two games and they have stated they are not going to try to put pressure on the QB. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm sorry, but I'm extemely disappointed in what I'm seeing.

You are going nowhere with the current play calling. They are going to call all of the plays and get results like this. Why not let Carr call his own plays it can't be any worse than what we are seeing. Let AJ and Moulds come back in the huddle and tell Carr what they think is open. The two times in the past we did that we were successful. I have never liked coaches calling the plays. I have always wanted the QB's calling the plays and the coaches telling them what they are seeing when there are problems. There are simply two different perspectives of the game. What the QB may be seeing at ground level is very different from an overhead view. However, if the QB can
t see it because of what the defense is doing, then you need to do what they can see.

Ibar_Harry said:
Lefts talk about Indy for a moment. They have absolutely zero running game.

Are you kidding me? No running game? What are you talking about? Addai will have atleast 1,200 yards this season, do you have any idea who he is?

Divebomb said:
It is not Kubiak it is that P.O.S. QB. David Carr "Fairy Princess"!

Yes, they sure are running & passing on Carr, too!
Jeeezus! Will he ever get a sack, either?!?!?

I wonder what David or Jimmy Klingler are doing these days...
:sarcasm:

TexansSeminole said:
Are you kidding me? No running game? What are you talking about? Addai will have atleast 1,200 yards this season, do you have any idea who he is?

He's already got that in this game all by itself.

I'm going to stay out of the Carr bickering, etc. but for the record, Kubiak is very different from Capers. We have a lot to work on, but they're not in the same universe as coaches. Offensive playcalling, while not as successful as we would like to see so far, is night and day different.

Defensively I agree that we are seeing too much Fangio and not enough adjustments right now, but comparing Kubiak to Capers is totally inaccurate and knee-jerk at this point.

Divebomb said:
It is not Kubiak it is that P.O.S. QB. David Carr "Fairy Princess"!

Fairy Princess? Where the hell do you people get this stuff from?

I was trying to leave you negative rep but accidentally hit Enter. So thank me later.

jerek said:
I'm going to stay out of the Carr bickering, etc. but for the record, Kubiak is very different from Capers. We have a lot to work on, but they're not in the same universe as coaches. Offensive playcalling, while not as successful as we would like to see so far, is night and day different.

Defensively I agree that we are seeing too much Fangio and not enough adjustments right now, but comparing Kubiak to Capers is totally inaccurate and knee-jerk at this point.

It will take kubiak a little bit more then 2 games to fix a 2-14 team this year will be tough, but it is hard for ANY coach to turn a 2-14 team to look good or even decent.

the wonger need food said:
All in garbage time. Carr choked when it was actually a game.
It wasn't Carr the choked for 43 points....but hey, call me crazy

Ibar_Harry said:
Folks we are in the same position. We have excellent wide receivers and TE's and what do we do? Of course you have to run the ball to Pass. That is absolute BS. Kubiak has the same 1 dimensional approach. If you can't run then its time to try the other avenue particularly when your strengths are your receivers. We should be stepping back and passing on every down instead of running twice and then getting into an obvious passing situation. Sorry, but I'm not happy with what I'm seeing and its time that all of these coaches wake up.

dont get too mad...when 2 13-3 teams :rolleyes: meet, 1 will lose:tease:

look i put forward a motion that you replace GK right now for coming up with that ingenious new gameplan that 80% of head coaches wouldnt think of...nevermind GK...what an idiot he is how can he not see it..its so clear- good qb, good wr, good te's, good o-line......oh wait!!:superman:

Again, I keep saying the strength of this ball club is the WR's and TE's, not the runnig backs. We are a pass 1st run 2nd ball club. When someone finally understands this we will win games. I'm sorry, but we use the passing game like a running game to get people beyound the line of scrimmage. The Colts know what they are doing and are adjusting.

Their running game will appear better than it is just like when the 49ers had Montana. They got a lot of yards running, because they were afraid of the pass. We have the same thing. Our RB's are effective when the other team is looking for the pass and not the run. We have average runners at best at the present time although I have hopes for Gado.

Defense is a another story. I can't figure that one out for the life of me. Offensively we could get in some shootouts and that's what they would have to be. I'm very disappointed in the inflexibility of the coaching staff at this point. Please, do what your players do best, not what you think is best.

By the way I'm ticked because I believe we can be good offensively and we are going in the wrong direction. This ball club has suffered too much to be put through the same Mash experiment again. We have some talent on this ball club and I don't want to see it wasted.

Cure our offensive woes and then move onto the defense. That is going to take a lot of brain storming. Again, I certainly think we are a whole lot better than we are playing. Something is terribly wrong again. I can't put a finger on it, but something is just not right.

I'm not saying we are a number 1 defense, but there is no reason for us to be allowing the points we are.

Hervoyel said:
I knew this was coming and I've been dreading this thread since the game ended.

Your right Herv. Again Herv we have talent and we are falling into the same trap. It really is disappointing. I'm mad because I think there is no reason this ball club should look this bad. I don't have much hair left, but after this game I have a lot less.

Of course he is different than Capers. And inherited a Capers team. How about giving the guy a whole season before writing him off? We have 14 more games to go and I don't expect them all to be like the first two.

Ibar_Harry said:
I'm ticked, because we have been lied to again. Here me out before you start foaming at the mouth.

When Kubiak came here he said he would do what the players do best and are best at and capable of. Lefts talk about Indy for a moment. They have absolutely zero running game. What do they do? They use their strength the passing game to get the job done. The run is a side light to the rest of the game just like the 49ers of the past.

Defensively we have no clue. We are being eaten alive by a very good QB. However, we have seen the same think in two games and they have stated they are not going to try to put pressure on the QB. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm sorry, but I'm extemely disappointed in what I'm seeing.

You are going nowhere with the current play calling. They are going to call all of the plays and get results like this. Why not let Carr call his own plays it can't be any worse than what we are seeing. Let AJ and Moulds come back in the huddle and tell Carr what they think is open. The two times in the past we did that we were successful. I have never liked coaches calling the plays. I have always wanted the QB's calling the plays and the coaches telling them what they are seeing when there are problems. There are simply two different perspectives of the game. What the QB may be seeing at ground level is very different from an overhead view. However, if the QB can
t see it because of what the defense is doing, then you need to do what they can see.

If you can conjure the voice of Vincent Price to recite this in your head it will make sense, and, if not, at least be more entertaining.

I see a lot of difference in the coaches.You have to give Kubs a chance to see what he really has and what he can't fix..Maybe he was lied to too.:shoot:

Were not staying at the bottom ....this next off season,,i'm going to have the top FA's once again and the'll be there for the taking.We can pick them up unload cap or play them on another team..IA have a feeling this division is not going to weaken anytime soon..

I',m looking at Ike Taylor and players like that to help this team.He big young and agressive and the Steelers may not make his bail:cowboy1: .

THIS IS A WIN NOW LEAGUE!

Ibar_Harry said:
Your right Herv. Again Herv we have talent and we are falling into the same trap. It really is disappointing. I'm mad because I think there is no reason this ball club should look this bad. I don't have much hair left, but after this game I have a lot less.

It's two games man. Just two games against very, very good opponents. It's too early for this thread but I knew you would be bringing it. Frankly I was surprised I didn't see it after last weeks game.

If we win the next two regardless of how it happens I know I'll see a thread talking about how "Kubiak finally gets it" or something.

In the words of Forrest Gump; "That's all I've got to say about that."

Kaiser Toro said:
If you can conjure the voice of Vincent Price to recite this in your head it will make sense, and, if not, at least be more entertaining.

I think it would be better coming from Christopher Lee, but that's just me.

Ibar_Harry said:

Dealing with the Bolded here...
When/where do you THINK you heard that garbage...they're NOT trying to get pressure...suuuure. :confused:

Coaches call the plays for 32/32 teams - Yep, they even call them for Peyton, though he gets the option of switching the play at the LOS.

If we were loosing doing what our players did best, then I would say hey I guess we just don't have the talent. But I don't believe this is a talentless ball club when you have two all pro receivers you can line up at either end an a QB who can throw the ball. May be he is not perfect every time, but he can throw it. We have some good TE's this year and another 1 or 2 better than average WR's to go long with AJ and Moulds.

But we have to RUN RUN RUN RUN the ball and we really don't have good running backs. Now, Gado may prove to be good, but he's going to be much better if they aren't looking for him. Again, that happened in the 4th qtr, because we started passing and said the "H" with it. We looked a lot better. No, it was not just garbage time, we finally went to our strength. You are not going to stop AJ, Moulds and company on every play. They are also going to get yards after the catch and may break one.

What I'm really hoping is that Kubiak understands based on the 4th qtr what he is doing wrong and allows this ball club to compeat. This is a good offensive ball club if they will take the leashes off.

No matter how you look at it,this team is in better shape then before Kubs got here...Our QB is actually running the offense and limiting mistakes...Our line is on its way and we have cap room coming,.

If Capers was here we would still be in a cap he77 mojo,and losing..Bottom line:shoot:

IMO, part of the problem is that Kubiak 'talked' the 'talked' but has not 'walked' the 'talk.' From the 'get go,' Gary told us what we wanted to hear (sound familiar). For one, he said it was his job to put players in positions to use their strengths and excel. Too, he said he was going to do whatever it took to win 'one game at a time.' He said Carr would be protected and we would have to find ways to pressure the QBs in the league, especially in our own conference. He said more but let's start with this....

Caper's 'coaching not to lose' philosophy 'doomed' the Texans from day one, but Capers was good at telling us what we wanted to hear ("got to score and often, need TDs instead of field goals, on the verge, got the quality players we need, etc.) so we assumed everything was 'good to go' for the 5 yr plan--notttttttttt.

I think too many of us thought it was going to just be a simple matter of a 'tweak' here or there and winning was just around the corner, integrating the 'good' from the previous 4 yrs with Kubiak's system. We are wrong. For starters, Kubiak's system depends upon certain types of players and we don't have very many of them already on the team and-unfortunately-it could take a while to get all the necessary players.

Coach to a 'players' strength? I think we assumed that Kubiak was going to be flexible incorporating his system with the players already here and maybe a few of the things that were already in place. Not so. And, as we've found out, players already here were given a very 'short' leash to show they could effectively execute the 'new' systems.

I think we also assumed that Kubiak was going to be much more flexible than Capers and would change things when they were not working--ala the 'doing whatever' it took to win promise--but this has not been the case. Kubiak wants to run no matter whether it works or not and has shown he will play'musical chairs' with RBs until he gets what he wants.

I could go on and on but my point is that I realize now that I had wrong perceptions of what were going to happen with the team under Kubiak. I was guilty of believing we had more in place as a team that Gary could use to build the team around his way. I know now it is going to be a much longer process than I first thought, as we are indeed starting over from scratch. Several months back we had a thread on the board about whether the team was in a 'rebuilding' mode or a 'tweaking' mode, and I think we know now that 'tweak' is not the 'operative' word.

What to do? From a fan point, it's a matter of supporting the team while realizing that this is not going to be a short term fix or 'fading into the sun set.' The Broncos were not built over night but they had a 'major' advantage the Texans do not have (as I understand it)--this offense was desgned for the types of players they already had in place...something the Texans do not have yet.:)

NATHANHALE said:
IMO, part of the problem is that Kubiak 'talked' the 'talked' but has not 'walked' the 'talk.' From the 'get go,' Gary told us what we wanted to hear (sound familiar). For one, he said it was his job to put players in positions to use their strengths and excel. Too, he said he was going to do whatever it took to win 'one game at a time.' He said Carr would be protected and we would have to find ways to pressure the QBs in the league, especially in our own conference. He said more but let's start with this....

Caper's 'coaching not to lose' philosophy 'doomed' the Texans from day one, but Capers was good at telling us what we wanted to hear ("got to score and often, need TDs instead of field goals, on the verge, got the quality players we need, etc.) so we assumed everything was 'good to go' for the 5 yr plan--notttttttttt.

I think too many of us thought it was going to just be a simple matter of a 'tweak' here or there and winning was just around the corner, integrating the 'good' from the previous 4 yrs with Kubiak's system. We are wrong. For starters, Kubiak's system depends upon certain types of players and we don't have very many of them already on the team and-unfortunately-it could take a while to get all the necessaey players.

Coach to a 'players' strength? I think we assumed that Kubiak was going to be flexible incorporating his system with the players already here and maybe a few of the things that were already in place. Not so. And, as we've found out, players already here were given a very 'short' leash to show they could effectively execute the 'new' systems.

I think we also assumed that Kubiak was going to be much more flexible than Capers and would change things when they were not working--ala the 'doing whatever' it took to win promise--but this has not been the case. Kubiak wants to run no matter whether it works or not and has shown he will play'musical chairs' with RBs until he gets what he wants.

I could go on and on but my point is that I realize now that I had wrong perceptions of what were going to happen with the team under Kubiak. I was guilty of believing we had more in place as a team that Gary could use to build the team around his way. I know now it is going to be a much longer process than I first thought, as we are indeed starting over from scratch. Several months back we had a thread on the board about whether the team was in a 'rebuilding' mode or a 'tweaking' mode, and I think we know now that 'tweak' is not the 'operative' word.

What to do? From a fan point, it's a matter of supporting the team while realizing that this is not going to be a short term fix or 'fading into the sun set.' The Broncos were not built over night but they had a 'major' advantage the Texans do not have (as I understand it)--this offense was desgned for the types of players they already had in place...something the Texans do not have yet.:)

You have stated it far better than I ever could and it really is a summation of what the title of this thread is. I was hoping I was wrong, but I'm not. I could say some other things that have also become obvious, but many wouldn't believe it anyway. The above though is the situation and it looks like the wool was pulled over everyones' eyes. I was hoping this was not the case. I had hopes that may be he realized what was wrong with the way the 4th qtr went. However, based on other new casts, its obvious he has no understanding of what the problem really is..................

I dont know if y'all realize this, but we went 2-14 last year. We just played two teams that are Superbowl caliber teams. Not just this season, but they have been that way for the past couple of seasons.

How do you expect in one offseason everything to be fixed?

It takes time. Have patience.

Kubiak has been in the passenger seat a long time, and this is his first time actually getting to drive the ca... beast. (Pun avoided.)

TexansBull said:
I dont know if y'all realize this, but we went 2-14 last year. We just played two teams that are Superbowl caliber teams. Not just this season, but they have been that way for the past couple of seasons.

How do you expect in one offseason everything to be fixed?

It takes time. Have patience.

Kubiak has been in the passenger seat a long time, and this is his first time actually getting to drive the ca... beast. (Pun avoided.)

You are right, patience should be expected.

However, this is the second week in a row this team has had their jocks handed to them.

I think the next two home games will show a lot about this squad and what to expect the rest of the season.

hollywood_texan said:
You are right, patience should be expected.

However, this is the second week in a row this team has had their jocks handed to them.

I think the next two home games will show a lot about this squad and what to expect the rest of the season.

Thats right. This team cant carry the jock of the other two teams we played, and those teams proved it. I was just as dissapointed as everyone else. I thought we would put up more of a fight and a showing. I had a case of :homer: ism.

I agree with you about the next two games. Washups is the better of the two, Miami proving that today against Buffalo. Both teams are overrated, but have similar problems like us.

This team should put up a better fight in those games, and start putting the pieces together...hopefully. I really dont wont to say win, but I hope we put up a better showing against teams that have a slim chance at playoffs than Indy and Philly, which could go all the way. I hope we can pull an upset though.

By the way I want you to understand that I am MAD because these gentlemen have worked their butts off trying to get ready for the season. For their effort to manifest itself on the field as we have seen has to be very disheartning to the players as a whole. It would appear the players are being placed in absolute failure mode once again without a chance of success. That is simply intolerable to me. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. If I keep discussing this I think I'm literally going to have a heart attack. I'm signing off as I have spoken my mind. Hopefully we make a lot better showing next week. I hope for the players sake they do. Its not fun losing all the time.

Hervoyel I wish that just once on this board instead of knee-jerk reactions and short sighted posts we could have a legitimate discussion about gameplan, system, and personel. Nevermind, it will never happen so I will just stay out of this and continue throwing my two cents in....... Hell this type of posts is the main reason why certain people close to me no longer really post any meat to the board it is just sad....

jerek said:

Tell them the truth Jerek....we're hurt. You guys wanna bash Carr fine by me. I'm letting that go from now on. We can't run a man because our DBs suck. We've got one true blue chip DB. The rest are on the team because what's on the waiver wire is worse than what we got. The reason I know this is that two top five NFL QB's just ripped their two deep zone a new orifice. The guys back there didn't have a clue. And they're not likley to get one anytime soon. And...it ain't going to get any better untill the next off season.

We just lost our best OLT prospect to a knee cap injury when our new running back stud shattered it. Which means....we're reshuffeling the o-line, the fifth time in five seasons...(see a pattern developing here ?)...the same guys we had last year, same guys who deleverd us into the bottom of the NFL offensive food chain. So befor you have a coranary, better strap on the seat belt and get ready. We're in for a rough ride in '06. Can't run the ball, can't protect Satin, can't stop the run or get pressure on the correct QB. And it's all that Danged Carrs fault. He's satin, lol. Yeah, right.

Just for the record, at this point, I'm so frustrated , if I was Carr's agent I'd tell DC to buy out his contract and move on. He's too good for this franchise. This franchise sucks and is going to suck for the near future. Carr is waisting his time here.

Wow, only took two games for the "sky is falling" "Kubiak sucks" threads. I have said it once and I will say it again, miracles do not happen overnight, especially for a first time head coach who took over one of the worst teams in the NFL.

I've been expecting a "Fire Kubiak" thread since last week. Yesterday, I saw a thread called "Bring Back Vic Fangio." Getting close. This one's closer.

I'm setting the over/under at 1 week until a thread is called "Fire Kubiak."

Some of these tools act like the Texans losing a game is something new.

threetoedpete said:
We've got one true blue chip DB.

That one blue chip got burned all night. There was a particualr play, where it looked like he was expecting help in the middle. Instead of making the tackle, then complaining, he stops and throws his hands up.

What's up with that??

That Blue chip looked kinda green to me.

"COOLER HEADS PREVAIL"...remember that. I watched the game yesterday and was extrememly disappointed as well, about the team as a whole. All I could keep telling myself is that it takes a lot to rebuild a 2-14 team. Repeat that to yourselves about 20 times in a row. (it helps to stop the bleeding) Our secondary has killed us the past two weeks and has allowed other teams to score on us at will. Seriously, 80 yard drives in under 2 minutes on a repeated basis. That's horrible! :francis: The thing is, we don't really have a good shut down corner. I thought that Dunta was one, but I don't think he has that swagger he had his rookie year. He doesn't make a play on the ball anymore, non of our DB's do. What's the point in letting them catch the ball 15-20 yards down the field and then tackling them? They do it repeatedly and it's so frustrating. Take a gamble and play the ball! There are times when 4 DB's are around a receiver and wait for him to catch it and then tackle him. Why? Why not one guy play the ball and then if he doesn't get an interception, you've still got three guys standing there to tackle him when he catches it? I just don't think Dunta has the fire he once had (I know it's tough to maintain that on a dismal team). How long are our top tier players willing to stay on a losing team? This will be something we may have to look at near the end of the year if we don't turn this thing around and get close to a .500 season. I'm not being biased either, I spread the blame around evenly. This team played horrible today from the get go. I thing the first 2 snaps took whatever momentum we built up in the locker room and made us choke on it. A sack and a fumble in the first 2 plays? Horribly bad way to start the game against a top team. On the radio this morning Carr said that they started using "max protect" when we started scoring in the 4th qtr when Spencer got hurt. Why didn't we use it earlier in the game? I remember the Eagles using it a lot last week. Atleast that's what our team gave as an excuse to why we couldn't get to McNabb.

Houston_Fanatic said:
Of course he is different than Capers. And inherited a Capers team. How about giving the guy a whole season before writing him off? We have 14 more games to go and I don't expect them all to be like the first two.
I'm all for giving GK more time (like we have a choice), but we looked like a BAD college team out there. Just like preseason, we didn't move the ball well until the scrubs came in for the other team. I saw some positives yesterday, but saw WAY more negatives.
I can't figure out why the D is so bad. If we loaded up one side for a blitz, the ball went the other way. Bad luck or great playcalling by Manning? The Colts seemed like they were toying with us. Did anyone else see an awful lot of holding by the Colts O-line that wasn't called? I saw at least 7 plays where Peek, Weaver or Babin were damn near tackled and holding wasn't called. Not trying to whine about that, but seeing our D-line in a choke hold had me screaming at the TV most of the day.
Somebody PLEASE tell me what our safeties were doing!!! Were the put in bad positions due to schemes, make bad reads and get out of position or do they just plain suck? Same for our corners. Too many guys WIDE open.

DocBar said:
I'm all for giving GK more time (like we have a choice), but we looked like a BAD college team out there. Just like preseason, we didn't move the ball well until the scrubs came in for the other team. I saw some positives yesterday, but saw WAY more negatives.
I can't figure out why the D is so bad. If we loaded up one side for a blitz, the ball went the other way. Bad luck or great playcalling by Manning? The Colts seemed like they were toying with us. Did anyone else see an awful lot of holding by the Colts O-line that wasn't called? I saw at least 7 plays where Peek, Weaver or Babin were damn near tackled and holding wasn't called. Not trying to whine about that, but seeing our D-line in a choke hold had me screaming at the TV most of the day.
Somebody PLEASE tell me what our safeties were doing!!! Were the put in bad positions due to schemes, make bad reads and get out of position or do they just plain suck? Same for our corners. Too many guys WIDE open.

I saw that too and kept screaming about it. I saw our D line men being tackled to the ground and no flags being thrown and all I could say was if we had done that we would have gotten flagged for it. I'm not saying we lost because the ref's calls, we blew it on our own, but it would have been nice to get some of those calls to back the Colt's up.

texan279 said:
Wow, only took two games for the "sky is falling" "Kubiak sucks" threads. I have said it once and I will say it again, miracles do not happen overnight, especially for a first time head coach who took over one of the worst teams in the NFL.

In all fairness, our running game has looked pathetic...... that hasn't happened in 4 years. Our Defense was horrid, and I don't see how anyone can blame a lack of a pass rush..... we didn't look like the steelers, but we sacked him twice, and flushed him out on several occassions......

We've never been blown out by the Colts like that before. that was a thorough shelacking, from start to finish......

I agree it's way too early for these kinds of threads, but how can you expect different.

What I will say, is that these are not the games that matter. We are learning, we are finding out who are players, and who are role models. I think Babin has solidified his spot on the starting Defensive line. Weaver looked better at tackle, and that may be where they start him. TJ might very well be Thomas Johnson & then Mario....... Soon as we find the best four, we can get them practicing together more, which is going to make them better.

Lewis Sanders is playing better than DuntaRobinson..... that's a problem that needs to be fixed, and we've got to teach our LBs how to cover.... whether we're talking zone, or man.

& our safeties don't appear to understand what they are supposed to be doing out there.

Offensively, we don't have the players to run the ZBS........ our runningbacks aren't making good decisions, and our OLine isn't opening multiple lanes. We now have Pitts, McKinney, Weary, & Wiegart...... just like last year. They should be able to open up some wholes like they did for DD........ DD was only avr right?? & we've got avg runningbacks now, shouldn't be a problem.

I was hoping Dane would get the bulk of our carries, but after seeing SamkonGado....... I'm thinking Dane will have to earn a spot, and make the most of the carries he gets.

But we are a 2-14 team doing exactly what a 2-14 team is supposed to be doing.... We won't be able to see what Kubiak is doing until week 9 or so. We'll hopefully get two wins with Washington & Miami coming up.... then our fair weather fans will be back on our side, even though those games will be as meaningless as these two losses. Hopefully we'll get Dallas, that is a tough team with a good coach, we won't luck into a win there, it's going to have to be all heart.
If we are still making personnel changes against Jacksonville, don't look to win that one(I know I predicted a sweep of jacksonville). & Tennesee should be a win...... unless Vince is starting by then. Then you might as well role the dice, or flip a coin.

But by the Tennessee game, we should see what we got. then we can start complaining.

It looks like the plays were balanced between run and pass. You can't give up on the run. Plus, if teams are game planning on rush Carr, it is even more important to establish a run.

It looks like we have been out coached in these last two games, but we are implementing new systems. These teams have been perfecting their systems for some time. We can not adjust/execute as well right now.

Don't fire Kubiak. Don't bench Carr. Don't start thinking of who to draft with the first pick. The sky is not falling.

thunderkyss said:
In all fairness, our running game has looked pathetic...... that hasn't happened in 4 years. Our Defense was horrid, and I don't see how anyone can blame a lack of a pass rush..... we didn't look like the steelers, but we sacked him twice, and flushed him out on several occassions......

We've never been blown out by the Colts like that before. that was a thorough shelacking, from start to finish......

I agree it's way too early for these kinds of threads, but how can you expect different.

What I will say, is that these are not the games that matter. We are learning, we are finding out who are players, and who are role models. I think Babin has solidified his spot on the starting Defensive line. Weaver looked better at tackle, and that may be where they start him. TJ might very well be Thomas Johnson & then Mario....... Soon as we find the best four, we can get them practicing together more, which is going to make them better.

Lewis Sanders is playing better than DuntaRobinson..... that's a problem that needs to be fixed, and we've got to teach our LBs how to cover.... whether we're talking zone, or man.

& our safeties don't appear to understand what they are supposed to be doing out there.

Offensively, we don't have the players to run the ZBS........ our runningbacks aren't making good decisions, and our OLine isn't opening multiple lanes. We now have Pitts, McKinney, Weary, & Wiegart...... just like last year. They should be able to open up some wholes like they did for DD........ DD was only avr right?? & we've got avg runningbacks now, shouldn't be a problem.

I was hoping Dane would get the bulk of our carries, but after seeing SamkonGado....... I'm thinking Dane will have to earn a spot, and make the most of the carries he gets.

But we are a 2-14 team doing exactly what a 2-14 team is supposed to be doing.... We won't be able to see what Kubiak is doing until week 9 or so. We'll hopefully get two wins with Washington & Miami coming up.... then our fair weather fans will be back on our side, even though those games will be as meaningless as these two losses. Hopefully we'll get Dallas, that is a tough team with a good coach, we won't luck into a win there, it's going to have to be all heart.
If we are still making personnel changes against Jacksonville, don't look to win that one(I know I predicted a sweep of jacksonville). & Tennesee should be a win...... unless Vince is starting by then. Then you might as well role the dice, or flip a coin.

But by the Tennessee game, we should see what we got. then we can start complaining.

Just my opinion but I think we need a running back and major help in the secondary. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but after the rave over Gado after we traded for him I haven't read anything about what he did yesterday. And now Salaam will be starting at LT, I still think we should have held onto Wand.

Back