Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Default My Keys to Second Half Success vs. Indianapolis

Okay, our Houston Texans did not have a really good first half vs. Indianapolis. We trail the Indianapolis Colts by a score of 20-3 at the half. Indianapolis will begin the second half with the ball.

Again, not a great first half obviously, the following is what I believe our Houston Texans need to do to have second half success this game and possibly even pull out the W...

-Reduce turnovers. We had 3 fumbles in the first half of play, these obviously hurt us. You can not make silly turnovers when playing such a good team like Indianapolis. I look for us to take better care of the ball in the second half of this game

-Better 3rd down defense. Our defense is obviously have trouble today with this high-powered Colts offense. We need to try and stop them on 3rd down. We have only done this once I believe in the first half. This has been a concern to me since day 1 with this young defense. I look for us to start to step up on 3rd down on D and get of the field. This is obviously crutial.

-Reduce negative plays on offense. It seems at times we are having nice drives going, then we have a loss of yardage either thru a stuffed run play, penalty, etc. We need to continue moving the ball fowards and show more consistency with our offensive drives. I really think we are going to have a good offense this year, we have seen it in spurts, we just need to elimate those negative yardage plays.

Fans, we are down but not out. We are down 20-3 but if we can do some of the things I have listed above we can give them a fight in the second half.

Let's see how we respond, it will be intresting. I look for us to come out and make big plays.

GO TEXANS
Old 09-17-2006   #2
Divebomb
Veteran

Its easy, pull Carr!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
Scott D
Veteran

Get real. Face the hard facts. Is this too difficult for you?

They WILL NOT get a TD. PERIOD. NADA.

There is absolutely no chance WHATSOEVER for this sorry team.

What's there not to understand?
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D
Get real. Face the hard facts. Is this too difficult for you?

They WILL NOT get a TD. PERIOD. NADA.

There is absolutely no chance WHATSOEVER for this sorry team.

What's there not to understand?
Or three. No biggie.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read