Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2006   #1
Ironist
Rookie

Default Am I watching a different player?

It seems to me that everyone here is totally in favor of benching Carr for Rosenfels. They seem to think that all of our woes can be blamed on him. They say he is playing terribly, and I have to wonder...am I watching someone different?

This season, Carr has completed over 70% of his passes for nearly 300 yards and 1 TD. How is that so terrible? He finds open recievers DESPITE terrible protection.

Our problem is NOT Carr. If Rosenfels were in right now, the score would be 17-0 COLTS. DAVID CARR IS PLAYING FINE; our problem is that our defense cannot stop a single dang thing. Benching Carr is not the answer; he's doing his part. Our O-line needs to buy him some more time (imagine, 80% completion) and our defense needs to STEP IT UP.

David Carr is not the problem.
Ironist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

nice picture
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just picture Maury opening up that envelope......David Carr........you are NOT the problem!!!!!!
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #4
Divebomb
Veteran

I guess you are watching some QB I have failed to see. David Carr, 2 fumbles, major case of short pass syndrome, chocking his butt off! I dont see a poised QB, the protection is looking good, his decision making is killing the Texans. He sucks!!!!!!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

when a team can't run the ball ..it makes it really tough

And Carr isn't in the league with the QB's that can overcome a missing running game
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #6
CMoak1982
Rookie

Divebomb you just ruined your credibility by saying the protection was good, the pocket was collapsing on both sides. Your hatred towards Carr is not letting you see the total picture.
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #7
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMoak1982
Divebomb you just ruined your credibility by saying the protection was good, the pocket was collapsing on both sides. Your hatred towards Carr is not letting you see the total picture.
When did he ever have credibility to begin with?
Old 09-17-2006   #8
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
I guess you are watching some QB I have failed to see. David Carr, 2 fumbles, major case of short pass syndrome, chocking his butt off! I dont see a poised QB, the protection is looking good, his decision making is killing the Texans. He sucks!!!!!!
So far all I have seen is most people on the board not liking this guy, yet he knows everything about football and holds the secret to success? Hmmmm.....
Old 09-17-2006   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hmmm, Divebomb = SWTbound maybe???
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #10
Divebomb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814
So far all I have seen is most people on the board not liking this guy, yet he knows everything about football and holds the secret to success? Hmmmm.....
It does not take a Rocket Scientist to realize that Carr is the problem. You guys should wake up!
Old 09-17-2006   #11
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
It does not take a Rocket Scientist to realize that Carr is the problem. You guys should wake up!
You must be much smarter than I am. I can't believe Carr throws for three touchdowns, zero INTs and still is hated for the job he is doing. He might have the best TD to INT ratio in the league currently. With 427 yards passing, and a QB rating of around 126. I fail to see the terrible player so many others do. Guess I'm just an idiot.
Old 09-17-2006   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
How can you possibly say that when we gave up 43 points? really...that baffles me
Old 09-17-2006   #13
Divebomb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
You must be much smarter than I am. I can't believe Carr throws for three touchdowns, zero INTs and still is hated for the job he is doing. He might have the best TD to INT ratio in the league currently. With 427 yards passing, and a QB rating of around 126. I fail to see the terrible player so many others do. Guess I'm just an idiot.

Stats lie!!!! Did you watch the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Quarters????????????
Old 09-17-2006   #14
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Stats lie!!!! Did you watch the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Quarters????????????
Watched the first and second until the game went out in the third. From what I could tell he was spreading the ball around and trying to move the chains. The two fumbles I saw were where he and center were not together and where his line didn't hold up for him. That second one was close to the foward motion rule, but I could tell why they didn't call it. The one drive where they were finally putting it all together, Wali fumbles it. Yes I saw the game, and I saw the defense let Manning walk all over them. I rarely saw anyone covering his recievers. The defense helped up lose today, not David.
Old 09-17-2006   #15
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Stats lie? How about these stats:

QBs who Rosenfels failed to beat out of a starting job
Jay Fiedler
AJ Feeley
Gus Frerotte
Brian Griese
Ray Lucas

All those guys have really rocked the league, too, haven't they?
Hey, he DID manage to hold off Brock Berlin and even moved up to #2 before coming here, so yeah, he's definitely the answer.

Was it last year's start for Miami, where he got benched at halftime because he was so bad, that gives you the confidence that Saint Sage is the answer?

Please. Benching Carr, the situation would have been exactly what it was today. My feelings about Carr, pro or con, are irrelevant. This team is bleeding profusely on defense and just possibly lost 2 starters on the O-line. Way, way too many other BIG problems to be obsessing over an alleged QB problem that has no immediate solution.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #16
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist
It seems to me that everyone here is totally in favor of benching Carr for Rosenfels. They seem to think that all of our woes can be blamed on him. They say he is playing terribly, and I have to wonder...am I watching someone different?

This season, Carr has completed over 70% of his passes for nearly 300 yards and 1 TD. How is that so terrible? He finds open recievers DESPITE terrible protection.

Our problem is NOT Carr. If Rosenfels were in right now, the score would be 17-0 COLTS. DAVID CARR IS PLAYING FINE; our problem is that our defense cannot stop a single dang thing. Benching Carr is not the answer; he's doing his part. Our O-line needs to buy him some more time (imagine, 80% completion) and our defense needs to STEP IT UP.

David Carr is not the problem.
Im with you on this.... Carr is playing as good as he can with the protection or lack there of that he is recieving.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #17
K.D.
Veteran

Aside from Divebomb's personal vendetta against Carr, he made up from his mistakes. The fumble on the first series was his fault, but the guy bounced back and showed that he could lead us. Oue secondary is what's going to kill us this year, no doubt about it.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan
Default Previous regime's fault

This is all Casserly and Capers' fault.
Old 09-17-2006   #19
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
This is all Casserly and Capers' fault.
It's their fault that right now Carr is probably in the top half in passing, top ten in TDs and probably number one in completion percentage? I think you are giving them a little too much credit.
Old 09-17-2006   #20
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gimmie a break..............1st fumble the snap never got to him, watch it again, Davids hands are right were they should be, mike never got the ball to him.

second he lost cause he was hit, he got the ball back, so what?

Haters, pure HATERS cant admitt when your wrong I love it........... Carr is playing well, let me run down what the problem is.

D-E-F-E-N-S-E.................!!!!!!!!!!!SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell Andre to play more like Moulds cause he is being shown up by a guy that has a lot of age on him. Catch the freakin ball Andre.

Not one person can sit here and tell me Carr is the reason we lost this game, nobody can cause your just lying to yourself. Idiotic for anyone to say otherwise.

BE A MAN STAND UP AND ADMIT WHEN YOUR WRONG. David Carr is throwing the best he ever has, fix the Defense then come talk to me.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read